Start by marking “Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster” as Want to Read:
Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster

Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster

Mind-Body techniques that will help a patient: feel calmer before surgery, recover faster, have less pain after surgery, strengthen the immune system, use less pain medication, and save money on medical bills.
Published March 29th 2004 by Angel River Press (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster

John Carter
Jun 22, 2012 John Carter rated it it was ok
Half of the book was summaries of the chapter before, if you can call an almost complete duplication of the chapter a summary. Half the book was essentially an ad for the author’s relaxation CD. “You should listen to the CD twice a day.” “Tell your doctors that you’ll be listening to the CD during surgery.” “Share the CD with the people who will be with you in the hospital so their anxiety won’t transfer itself to you.” “Schedule regular times during the day to listen to the CD.” Etc. A third of ...more
Erica
May 22, 2012 Erica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, 2012
I received this book from a friend to help me prepare for an upcoming major surgery. It's a surgery I was looking forward to having since it would relieve so many problems I'dbeen dealing with for years. I wouldn't say I was particularly nervous about the surgery but this book helped so much. It made me realize I was nervous and it gave me things to do to help me relax.

I ended up buying the companion tape/cd that she refers to in the book. It just seemed like the best way to put what she sugges
Peggy
Sep 13, 2016 Peggy rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The book was a little "new age" and I probably wouldn't do everything the author suggested (like asking the surgeon to repeat healing phrases), but I loved the accompanying CD. The CD puts the listener into a very relaxed state. It is very similar to Yoga Nidra.
Kate
Feb 25, 2013 Kate rated it really liked it
The cd was quite helpful in terms of relaxing before my surgery. The book was less helpful to me as it was the same as the instructional part of the cd. I was not comfortable in taking all the recommended steps, such as having the surgeon saying healing statements to me during the surgery. Regardless, I felt calmer right before and all through recovery. The nurse commented on how my listening to the cd was quite positive and I did not feel the need to use excessive medication. I felt mentally an ...more
Louisa
May 12, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Excellent book with practical suggestions and advice that truly work! Recently had a surgery. The book, along with the relaxation tape, which I bought separately, worked wonders in minimizing my pain and speeding up my recovery. I was totally surprised by how I did not feel any nervousness even the minutes before the operation. Highly recommended to anyone who is preparing for a surgery.
Leanna
Aug 17, 2009 Leanna is currently reading it
It's a good book with some practical information about preparing for surgery. It comes with a soundtrack, and a lot of exercises have you use the soundtrack for relaxation. I borrowed the book without the soundtrack, so it is not helpful as helpful as it could be to me if I had the soundtrack.
Victoria
Oct 16, 2012 Victoria rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
There some good stuff in here but also, frankly, a lot of fluff. The author definitely knows her stuff, but she's explaining down and tends to overstate her point with a lot of repetition.

I didn't read every word but I skimmed the whole thing and read a couple of sections in more depth.
Dawn
Apr 09, 2008 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
I used this book to prepare for surgery with the meditation cd companion. I had the BEST experience due to the suggestions in this book. If you'd like details, please ask. I highly recommend this to everyone!
Leiah
Nov 28, 2008 Leiah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone in the care of a doctor
Recommended to Leiah by: Judy
Wonderful suggestions and specific suggestions for affirmation, questions to ask your doctor and arrangements to make before surgery to emerge more healthfully and happily; I am very goad I found this.
Mary
May 11, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Wonder path to vibrational shift for healing. So clear easy to read and follow and do....
Carol
Jul 30, 2010 Carol rated it liked it
I guess we'll see how good this book is after my surgery on Monday.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Molodhik777
Molodhik777 rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2016
Gaye
Gaye rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Jennifer Samantha
Jennifer Samantha rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
E
E marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jun 01, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Peter Takemoto
Peter Takemoto rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Linda Rodda
Linda Rodda rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Bruce
Bruce rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Linda Palumbo
Linda Palumbo rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Gina
Gina added it
Dec 24, 2015
Teresa DeVries
Teresa DeVries rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015