Start by marking “Kabuki Volume 6: Scarab Signed & Numbered Edition” as Want to Read:
Kabuki Volume 6: Scarab Signed & Numbered Edition

Kabuki Volume 6: Scarab Signed & Numbered Edition (Kabuki #6)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  457 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Book by Mack, David
Hardcover
Published June 17th 2002 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Kabuki Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kabuki Volume 6

David Katzman
Kabuki is a series about transformation. Yes, it has beautiful art. Yes, it has great writing. And while the central theme of the narrative is transformation, what I found even more powerful is the way the art of the stories transforms from collection to collection, seeming to mirror the character’s evolution.

I have met David Mack a couple times at Comicon, and I’ve been meaning to ask him if he always intended from the beginning for the story to be about transformation and to move from standard
Darrell
This volume is entirely devoted to Kabuki's fellow assassin Scarab. We learn about how she grew up and got recruited into the assassin business. David Mack doesn't do the artwork this time around, but Rick Mays' cartoonish black and white anime style works. The story is pretty good and the writing is rather witty at times. David Mack doesn't let his philosophizing bog down the plot too much. I do have a couple complaints, though. First, Mack seems to have forgotten that his story is supposed to ...more
Beth Younge
Beautifully drawn and a rich and indulgent story.
Kellie
This arc follows a separate agent, and we get more insight on what it means to be part of the Noh. The intricacy of the story is breathtaking. I have to admit that I was heartbroken to learn that Rick Mays would be illustrating, but his style lends a good different feel that the storyline required.
Mikael Kuoppala
Not as good as the core Kabuki series the tale of Scarab still manages to come across well despite the lack of David Mack's own, always breathtaking art.
Chris
I tore through this one. It's different from the others, but it fits in just the same. I love the art of Rick Mays, and the story is great as well.
Dani
Definitely answers a lot of questions from the previous book. Great story with a great ending. Looking forward to the next and final book.
Matt
I liked this one than the other ones in the series. I think the clarity of the art is a plus. Also, the story seems tighter.
Tristy
A shame that the art isn't also done by David Mack, as his work is breathtaking, but still a great book.
Greymalkin
Different artist, so not so gorgeous but it has more humor and plot so perhaps it all balances out.
LiteraryLover
probably one of my favorite graphic novels ever
Cecilie Kirø
Cecilie Kirø marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Laura Clark
Laura Clark marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Zack Zildjan
Zack Zildjan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
13ryna
13ryna added it
Jun 19, 2015
Ashley Thompson
Ashley Thompson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Kassim
Kassim marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
  • Old Boy, Vol. 1
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 2: Samurai (Usagi Yojimbo #2)
  • Strangers in Paradise, Volume 3: It's A Good Life
  • Flight, Vol. 2  (Flight, #2)
  • Daredevil, Vol. 5: Out
  • Girls: Conception (Girls, #1)
  • How Loathsome
  • Lucifer, Vol. 10: Morningstar
  • Sanctuary, Vol. 1
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 13: Mirror of the Soul
  • Crying Freeman, Vol. 2
  • Mage: The Hero Discovered (Mage: The Hero Discovered #1-15)
  • The Homeland Directive
  • Jaka's Story (Cerebus, #5)

David W. Mack is a comic book artist and writer, best known for his creation Kabuki and his work on the Marvel Comics titles Daredevil and Alias

The author of the Star Trek Novels is David Mack
More about David W. Mack...

Kabuki (7 books)
  • Kabuki, Vol. 1: Circle of Blood
  • Kabuki, Vol. 2: Dreams
  • Kabuki, Vol. 3: Masks of the Noh
  • Kabuki, Vol. 4: Skin Deep
  • Kabuki, Vol. 5: Metamorphosis
  • Kabuki, Vol. 7: The Alchemy
Kabuki, Vol. 1: Circle of Blood Daredevil, Vol. 2: Parts of a Hole Kabuki, Vol. 2: Dreams Kabuki, Vol. 5: Metamorphosis Kabuki, Vol. 4: Skin Deep