Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul: Stories Celebrating Forever Families (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

Adoption is a hot topic these days. While the current buzz may have started with all of the celebrity adoptions in the recent news, everyday families are brought together through adoption. From s
Published January 22nd 2008 by HCI (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul

Faythe Swanson
Apr 11, 2013 Faythe Swanson rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who's adopted or has adopted a child
Because I'm adopted, I really enjoyed this book; I could relate so well to it. Makes me want to meet my birthparents!!! It also really makes me appreciate the fact that my parents adopted me at 3 months old. I wonder what my life would've been like, had they not chosen me. It was good for me to read stories from others who are adopted, & also to read the perspectives of the birthmothers who gave their babies up for adoption.
Yue
Nov 03, 2011 Yue rated it really liked it
If you want to be moved by true stories, you have to read any Chicken Soup. This book, as all of them always are, is tender and made shed several tears...especially the poem of Lisa Schlitt (I read this book in spanish, the title was 'A boy like me?')
Mary
Jul 18, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adoption
I haven't met a Chicken Soup book I haven't enjoyed, but this one has several tear-jerking stories. This gives a first person account of the adoption experience from the view of adoptees and their adoptive parents. Very insightful.
Kathryn
Very nice compilation of adoption-related stories. I just read a couple of these stories at a time. Some were very good, others okay, and a few I really didn't care for. The last part: Reunions, I really enjoyed!
Amy kravitz
Apr 21, 2008 Amy kravitz rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adoptive parents
This was a warm, fuzzy feel good book. Not a lot of depth, but nice stories on how families are formed by adoption. A good read for adoptive families. Doesnt explain the adoption process itself.
Shannon
Jul 27, 2012 Shannon rated it did not like it
Shelves: miscellaneous
One of the lamer Chicken Soup for the Soul books if you can believe it. Even for someone who is an admitted mush this book is so full of sacharine that it makes you gag.
Kerin
Aug 27, 2009 Kerin rated it really liked it
A wonderful collection of people's experiences with adoption, from the stress of waiting until the excitement of becoming a family.
Ana-Maria Turceac
Ana-Maria Turceac marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Annastasia Zellars
Annastasia Zellars marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Kaitlin
Kaitlin marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Belinda Storms
Belinda Storms is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Shereen Rafea
Shereen Rafea rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Angie Freeman
Angie Freeman rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Julia Nicholas-Duprey
Julia Nicholas-Duprey marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Manders
Manders marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Kim Hammond
Kim Hammond is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2016
Madi North
Madi North marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
susieqlaw
susieqlaw marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Lianne
Lianne marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Ann Marie
Ann Marie is currently reading it
May 24, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Zaira Joy
Zaira Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Peg Meerkatz
Peg Meerkatz rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Destiny Crary
Destiny Crary rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...