Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul: Stories Celebrating Forever Families (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Adoption is a hot topic these days. While the current buzz may have started with all of the celebrity adoptions in the recent news, everyday families are brought together through adoption. From s
Published January 22nd 2008 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 1998)

Faythe Swanson
Apr 11, 2013 Faythe Swanson rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone who's adopted or has adopted a child
Because I'm adopted, I really enjoyed this book; I could relate so well to it. Makes me want to meet my birthparents!!! It also really makes me appreciate the fact that my parents adopted me at 3 months old. I wonder what my life would've been like, had they not chosen me. It was good for me to read stories from others who are adopted, & also to read the perspectives of the birthmothers who gave their babies up for adoption.
Sakura Yue Michaelis
If you want to be moved by true stories, you have to read any Chicken Soup. This book, as all of them always are, is tender and made shed several tears...especially the poem of Lisa Schlitt (I read this book in spanish, the title was 'A boy like me?')
Mary
I haven't met a Chicken Soup book I haven't enjoyed, but this one has several tear-jerking stories. This gives a first person account of the adoption experience from the view of adoptees and their adoptive parents. Very insightful.
Amy kravitz
Apr 21, 2008 Amy kravitz rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: adoptive parents
This was a warm, fuzzy feel good book. Not a lot of depth, but nice stories on how families are formed by adoption. A good read for adoptive families. Doesnt explain the adoption process itself.
Shannon
One of the lamer Chicken Soup for the Soul books if you can believe it. Even for someone who is an admitted mush this book is so full of sacharine that it makes you gag.
Kerin
A wonderful collection of people's experiences with adoption, from the stress of waiting until the excitement of becoming a family.
Crysta DenOuden
Crysta DenOuden marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
S
S marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Brianna B
Brianna B marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Lori
Lori added it
Nov 20, 2013
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2013
Shahar
Shahar marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Mil
Mil marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Theresa Williams
Theresa Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Kathleen Kennedy
Kathleen Kennedy marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Donna D.
Donna D. marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Mirza Marditasari
Mirza Marditasari marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Camrielexy
Camrielexy marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)