Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul: Stories Celebrating Forever Families (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Adoption is a hot topic these days. While the current buzz may have started with all of the celebrity adoptions in the recent news, everyday families are brought together through adoption. From s
Published January 22nd 2008 by HCI (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul

Faythe Swanson
Apr 11, 2013 Faythe Swanson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who's adopted or has adopted a child
Because I'm adopted, I really enjoyed this book; I could relate so well to it. Makes me want to meet my birthparents!!! It also really makes me appreciate the fact that my parents adopted me at 3 months old. I wonder what my life would've been like, had they not chosen me. It was good for me to read stories from others who are adopted, & also to read the perspectives of the birthmothers who gave their babies up for adoption.
Sakura Yue Michaelis
If you want to be moved by true stories, you have to read any Chicken Soup. This book, as all of them always are, is tender and made shed several tears...especially the poem of Lisa Schlitt (I read this book in spanish, the title was 'A boy like me?')
Mary
I haven't met a Chicken Soup book I haven't enjoyed, but this one has several tear-jerking stories. This gives a first person account of the adoption experience from the view of adoptees and their adoptive parents. Very insightful.
Amy kravitz
Apr 21, 2008 Amy kravitz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adoptive parents
This was a warm, fuzzy feel good book. Not a lot of depth, but nice stories on how families are formed by adoption. A good read for adoptive families. Doesnt explain the adoption process itself.
Shannon
One of the lamer Chicken Soup for the Soul books if you can believe it. Even for someone who is an admitted mush this book is so full of sacharine that it makes you gag.
Kerin
A wonderful collection of people's experiences with adoption, from the stress of waiting until the excitement of becoming a family.
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Erin Coulter
Erin Coulter marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Clay
Clay is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Laurie
Laurie added it
Jul 05, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Mike Waldmann
Mike Waldmann marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Deidre Dorsett
Deidre Dorsett marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Bri
Bri added it
May 03, 2015
Rosefire
Rosefire marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Cory Cornwell
Cory Cornwell marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Rica Guevarra
Rica Guevarra marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Liz Bautista
Liz Bautista marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Storm
Storm marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women