Start by marking “Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations” as Want to Read:
Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations

Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations

"Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations made me laugh, then cry...then laugh until I cried! Leslie Langtry creates characters who are so relatable and yet so humorous that you'll want to re-visit them again and again."
- Gemma Halliday, New York Times bestselling author

From USA Today Bestselling author Leslie Langtry...

Laura Smith is the mom of two adorable children, the wife of
ebook
Published August 18th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published August 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations

Pamela
Aug 21, 2014 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, kindle
Let me start off by saying that the theme of this novel from beginning to end is "infidelity." So if you don't enjoy reading novels about extra-marital affairs, or take issue with it, I suggest you stay away from this one as it's rampant throughout.

As to my opinion about infidelity? What? Do you really think I'm going to open up that can of worms and tell you what I think? Hell no. I will say that when it comes to those who do have affairs: (a) it's none of our business; (b) no one knows what g
Sabrina
Aug 18, 2014 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Laura Smith is as a stand still in life. Mother of young twins, she finds herself becoming lost as a person. Her husband has been spending all his time at work and has had a few affairs. She's trying to finish her dissertation and planning on a family vacation to the happiest place on earth. Hoping this will bring her and her husband closer and more important make her feel like she is someone. At the very last minute, of course, her husband cancels on her leaving her to fend for herself and the ...more
Anne
Aug 28, 2014 Anne rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-books
Ellen Hardin
Aug 22, 2014 Ellen Hardin rated it it was amazing
5.0 out of 5 stars a whole new meaning for the happiest place on earth, August 22, 2014

This review is from: Sex, Lies, & Family Vacations (Kindle Edition)
so super big fan of the bombay series but this is a whole different kind of story- so laura is the wife of an workaholic mike who has affairs and is totally taking her for granted- she is also a mom of twins who is trying to make a vacation of a lifetime for her family come true at disneyland- so last minute mike bails and laura goes along
Andrea
Aug 18, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Finally!!! An imperfect romance about imperfect people. I loved this book. I loved that every character was a complete mess and at a point in their lives where they could choose to be happy and perhaps hurt a few people along the way or stay miserable and live an unfulfilled and lonely life.

Laura is more than a mom and wife and when she finally puts herself before that of her roles and realizes that being happy and fulfilled and LOVED makes her a better woman and mother I literally clapped. She
Judy
Aug 18, 2014 Judy rated it it was amazing
Sex, Lies, & Family Vacation by Leslie Langtry: Laura wanted a family vacation, but her husband backed out at the last min., said it was work. That hurt her, so her and the twins went ahead and went.
The room was out a ways so she ask if she could get one closer in because of the twins. Laura had put the twins to bed and went outside with a beer to set for awhile.
The door next to her opened up and a man came out talking on the phone to his wife.
When he had hung up she said, Look like we are i
Kathy
Aug 20, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC eBook in exchange for an honest review. Wow! This book was quite the adventure - dying marriages, adultery, rekindled young love all while visiting the happiest place on earth! You never really knew what was going to happen next. I truly wasn't expecting to laugh out loud to the point of tears, as the heroine Laura dealt with her personal demons. Leslie Langtry truly is a gifted author who can take marriage infidelity and make it funny and real! I highly recommend this book!!
Elaine
Aug 14, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
What a wonderful book to read. I can really see this happening. But the funniest of all is that is happens in the most wonderful place on Earth. I love Laura and how her mind works. She thinks like a real woman thinks. Her husband is an ass. Alan's wife is a bitch. Laura and Alan belong together and the kids even make it so much easier.
Shannon_HEABlogger
The happiest place on earth?

Wow! What a tumultuous roller coaster of a story. Who knew so many things could happen at Disney World?
This book will make you happy, sad, and excited all art once. The only thing I didn't like was the few chapters of flashbacks. Overall a wonderful read that I recommend.
Vn
Mar 04, 2015 Vn rated it did not like it
i would give it a zero, if could have. terrible premise, terrible telling and worst ever denouement. I got a bit bored by her Bombay assassins series but the premise was interesting and the writing a bit funny. this one is neither. So much for the experiment
Kathryn Moore
Jan 19, 2015 Kathryn Moore rated it liked it
a family vacation that the husband/dad backs out of at the last minute.
They meet up with another family that the wife/mom backs out of also.
The two families form a friendship and more.....
Rosemary
Aug 13, 2016 Rosemary rated it liked it
Meh. I picked this up after finishing the available Bombay books. I assumed it would be in the same vein, i.e., humorous mystery, but no.
Roxana
Roxana rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Debra J Shanahan
Debra J Shanahan rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Ann Weber
Ann Weber rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Veronica
Veronica rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Cfountain10
Cfountain10 rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Irene Gorniak
Irene Gorniak rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Melody
Melody rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Frank
Frank rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Colleen Cody
Colleen Cody rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Bud Beatty
Bud Beatty rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Georgia
Georgia rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Cindy Scheffler
Cindy Scheffler rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Leslie Langtry is a USA Today Bestselling Author of the Merry Wrath Mysteries and the Bombay Family of Assassins Greatest Hits series. She lives in the Midwest with her family and is an active Girl Scout volunteer. Her dream is to someday invent calorie free cake.
More about Leslie Langtry...