Start by marking “Reaper's Deliverance (The Grim Alliance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper's Deliverance (The Grim Alliance, #1)

Reaper's Deliverance (The Grim Alliance #1)

When Ryder dies in a horrific motorbike accident, he’s left facing a choice. Go onto his next life, more terrible than his last, or become…a Reaper.

Ryder’s life has little meaning to him. A violent hedonist who left his broken childhood behind, he would rather spend his time chasing women and smashing up bars than consider his future. But when it all comes to an abrupt en
Published June 30th 2014 by Moon Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reaper's Deliverance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper's Deliverance

Chantel at Book Happiness
Aug 09, 2014 Chantel at Book Happiness rated it it was amazing

This is the first book I have read by Miranda Stork and I was highly impressed by the descriptive writing and creative storyline. She is an amazing paranormal author. Reaper’s Deliverance is well written and flows beautifully.

I am huge paranormal fan and I love how this book differs from other books about reapers. She puts a different twist to the reapers in her story. This book DOES NOT take you on an emotional coaster & DOES NOT have hot sex scenes, but this story DOES NOT need either one
Bella Doerres
Aug 17, 2014 Bella Doerres rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reaper’s Deliverance
By Miranda Stork

After a tragic motorcycle accident Ryder finds himself in the Hall of Rest and is forced to make a death changing decision for his afterlife. Following orders has never been easy for Ryder and now because of it he has created a situation that has caused an innocent to be taken. Ryder has to figure out how to go into the dark world and get the innocents soul back before it is to late. Once again with her magic in writing Miranda Stork made it impossible for me
Shelly Thomas
Aug 14, 2014 Shelly Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Started reading this story and was instantly sucked in.The characters and plot are great. Ryder dies and is presented a choice either be reborn into a life that reflects his horrible choices or become a reaper for a hundred years to try and make up for them.He chooses to become a reaper and that's how he meets Elizabeth who is struggling to stay strong when her son Michael falls into a coma due to his terminal illness.They are instantly drawn each other, but evil threatens everything when ...more
Hailey
Aug 05, 2014 Hailey rated it it was amazing
Little Thomas so sick. No one has any idea how to cure him. His mom, Elizabeth, always there, waiting for her little boy to wake up. Stuck in the hospital walls with a child who is sick and only doctors and nurses to talk to. All they can/will talk about is the sick little boy and give her looks of pity. Then one day Ryder strolls in and gives this poor mom some peace. Rough and tumble Ryder doesn't know what to do when Elizabeth strikes up a conversation with him. When a rough biker meets a ...more
PelicanFreak
Aug 14, 2014 PelicanFreak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ryder clearly doesn’t always make the best choices in life; soon we are treated to the opportunity to find out whether or not this pattern keeps up in death. Action is pretty constant from the beginning as we are given a glimpse into both his life and after-life. Reaper’s Deliverance provides an interesting and new perspective into what happens when we die while remaining comedic thanks to witty characters and fun pop-culture references.

This book is like nothing I’ve read before and managed to i
Kerry O'Dea
Jul 09, 2014 Kerry O'Dea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I loved this book so much! Ryder dies in a crash and has to make a choice. Should he be reborn and have to deal with the consequences of his actions? Or become the reaper? Miranda makes all of the characters in this story really come to life! You can't help but fall for Ryder and grieve with Elizabeth. I was hooked from the first chapter, and my attention never strayed. The plot is smooth and cohesive. I highly recommend this book.
Jessica Struthers
This book was just beautifully thought out! Ryder is such a relatable character that can really sweep you off your feet. :) And the rest of the group are too funny! Maranda did a fantastic job with this series start. If you're a person of sarcasm and heartfelt moments, please buy this book<3
Pammy
Oct 21, 2014 Pammy rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as a gift from the author. What a fantastic read!!! Miranda sucks you in from the first paragraph and keeps you going until the very last paragraph!!!! Ryder is a wonderful character and his character evolves throughout the book. The other characters are also great and you can see how Miranda is setting up for the series. Can't wait until the series continues!!!! Another hit for Miranda...keep 'em coming!!!!
Daria
Oct 24, 2014 Daria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
All in all: it was packed with some heavy feelings and bad guys, but it slowly grew on me and I love, love, LOVED it!

The book starts off with a bang, or rather a motorcycle accident caused by the main characters drinking and running from the cops. The introduction to Ryder is all but kind... he's a guy with no morals, or should I say: not any normal morals everybody else has. In short: he's a total douchebag.
But, as every good story (and trust me, this is a good story!) it doesn't end there even
Veronica
Sep 29, 2014 Veronica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here I was thinking I was hooked on Miranda Stork's Scarlet Rain series. I still am but I am even more hooked on her Grim Alliance Series! I was literally hooked from the first paragraph. I was fascinated from the beginning in Ryder and his life choices. When he dies and is given the choice to either be reborn into a hard life that is a consequence for his life of sin or become a Grim Reaper for one hundred years as repayment I literally could not put the book down. Well, I did but only after ...more
Charles Ray
Oct 03, 2016 Charles Ray rated it liked it
Ryder was a biker, addicted to action, alcohol, and not very concerned with others. When he died in a horrific motorcycle accident, he was given a choice; go on to his next life which would probably be worse than what he left, or become a Reaper. He somewhat reluctantly decides that being a Reaper would be the better choice; a decision that is validated when he meets Elizabeth, a single mother whose son, Thomas, has a terminal illness.
When Thomas’ soul is taken by evil forces who want him for hi
Brienne Dubh
Jun 11, 2015 Brienne Dubh rated it really liked it
Review from website Escapology Reviews
escapologyreviews.com

This one had me from the first page. Ryder is not a good man. He is a biker who has seen his fair share of trouble. We meet Ryder just as he dies which is where he sees what the deeds of his life have earned him. He is given the choice to move on to somewhere worse or become a reaper. He chooses the latter.

Things seem to be going as well as expected in this new position, that is until he is called to reap a young boy named Thomas and mee
Anne
Jun 18, 2015 Anne rated it it was ok
Shelves: kfree, tt, 2015
Review at the Book Nympho:

I went into Reaper’s Deliverance thinking it was a paranormal version of a motorcycle club romance or something. Throughout reading, I kept waiting for my emotions to fire and to care about something. It never really happened.

I didn’t connect with any characters or feel like I got to know them really. So much of the story was in Ryder’s head, thoughts and feelings, no one else got much time. I couldn’t understand who they were or
Niki Driscoll
Nov 03, 2014 Niki Driscoll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Angles protect,demons destroy and the grim reaper collects souls. So how do you become a reaper? You are given a choice by the gatekeepers. Become a reaper for 100 years and repent for your past mistakes or move on to your next life with the cycle continuing. There are rules to being a reaper, don't contact anyone you knew when you were alive, don't talk to humans and protect the souls from the warders. Sounds easy enough, until you are sent to get the soul of a child and the parent can see ...more
*flora*
What a jam-packed rollercoaster of a story!!! It had thrills, tension, horror, humour and romance.

I wasn't enamoured with our main character to begin with but I'm glad I kept reading. Ryder's journey; both physically and emotionally was well worth it!

I found the writing style easy to read and the story easy to follow. The world building, plot and character development was well paced and believable and I found myself hooked throughout.

This book is the first of Miranda Stork's The Grim Alliance se
Kay Gardner
Apr 25, 2016 Kay Gardner rated it really liked it
excellent book! i like the different take on "heaven and hell" and reapers and what happens to souls when the body dies. there were a few grammatical snags (not language differences.. couple of those, but not a big deal, and definitely not a hindrance to the story), and because the rest of the book is so well-written, they stood out. but all in all, a good and interesting and fun read. i like that story one ends, but it leaves a tie-in for the next book for whenever i want to pick it up.. i'm ...more
Kerry
Nov 30, 2015 Kerry rated it it was amazing
Heart stopping

Exciting. It's not everyday you get a second chance at life and chance falling in love. What would you risk and give up to save a life of the ones who mean the world to you? Anything? At any cost? This book will bring you on a journey of one's self discovery and development of self sacrifice. Great read, well written characters and can't wait to read more especially after the last page! Chills to say the least.
Amy
Jan 30, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it
I really don't understand how this book has so many good reviews! I found it tedious, unimaginative, and one dimensional. It felt like a story written by a teenager. There was nothing about this book that carried me away to another place, there was nothing in the writing that made me care about any of the characters. Cannot recommend. At all. Ever.
Angie
Mar 18, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Reapers

I almost stopped reading this a couple of chapters in. It was very hard to follow because of language differences. I still have no idea what an alchopop is. But it had lots of good reviews so I kept on. It turned out to be a really good story. I am glad I stuck with it.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Mar 26, 2015 Wendy coling ( trowbridge) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Really well written. Good story. Ryder is a new reaper and when he goes after a soul he finds he can't do it. Talks to a relative and slowly falls for them and when someone else take the soul he and other dealers with the relative goes after them. Nice read a good book for a change.
Deb Blake
Jan 30, 2015 Deb Blake rated it really liked it
Not really sure what I was expecting, but I enjoyed this book very much. always glad to find a new Author to read
Charles Andrulis
Charles Andrulis rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Jlewis
Jlewis rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Thad Jostandt
Thad Jostandt rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Beth Oliver
Beth Oliver rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Ivonne
Ivonne rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
BJ
BJ rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Bb
Bb rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Demon's Deadline (Demon's Assistant, #1)
  • Rapture
  • Eden-East (Eden, #4)
  • The Balance (Chronicles of Aurderia #1)
  • Broken Wings: Genesis (Yeshua Star, #1)
  • Witchwood Estate - Books 1 & 2 (Witchwood Estate, #1-2)
  • The Apple Tree
  • Heartless (Heartless, #1)
  • Assassin's Curse (The Witch Stone Prophecy, #1)
  • A Lady Out of Time (Helen Foster #1)
  • Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar, #1)
  • The Secret Trinity: Glass Castles ( Fae-Witch Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Demon Hunters (Whisperings, #2)
  • Phoenix in My Fortune (Monster Haven, #6)
  • Cry Baby Hollow
  • Buried (Serenity, #2)
  • Elemental Shadows (The Eldritch Files #2)
  • An Oath of the Blood (Island Shifters, #1)
I'm Miranda Stork, and I'm addicted. Addicted to writing and reading books, anyway. And chocolate, but that's another issue - no interventions, please.

I live in the middle of a forest in North Yorkshire, spending my spare time as the wild woman of the woods, scaring small children and upsetting the sheep. On the days that I feel like being civilized, or I haven't got any unicorns to ride, I sit do
More about Miranda Stork...

The Grim Alliance (4 books)
  • Promises of the Dead (Grim Alliance, #2)
  • A Cursed Life (Grim Alliance, #3)
  • Twice As Guilty (The Grim Alliance Book 4)