Start by marking “Hard as Rock (The Rock Star's Seduction, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hard as Rock (The Rock Star's Seduction, #3)

Hard as Rock (The Rock Star's Seduction #3)

3.42  ·  Rating Details ·  1,061 Ratings  ·  137 Reviews
The conclusion of the Rock Star's Seduction series, and sequel to Rock Me Hard and Rock All Night!

Betrayal. Heartbreak. Devastation.

Kaitlyn is reeling from the events of the last book, and flees back to New York to heal.

All her dreams and hopes seem dead... but could she find happiness with someone else waiting in the wings?

Or will Derek, now obsessed with her, refuse
445 pages
Published November 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Hard as Rock, please sign up.

Maria It's out now!! I just saw it available in Amazon. The name of the book is Hard As Rock!!

Rakida Mcintosh
Nov 21, 2014 Rakida Mcintosh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So I ah hell, I just hate the shite out of this book. Rock Me Hard was okay in fact I loved it. Derek was so sweet, but my experience with this series went downhill in Rock All Night.

What threw me off was the total 360 change of a character (Derek) without adequate back story as to why his attitude was so shitty. And.....then you have the best-friend (Ryan) who disregard all "bro code", I just couldn't like the dude. I'm a girl and even I know that he was being shady no matter how sweet the aut
Judith
Nov 22, 2014 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I waited for this book for so long because I love this author's work, but I have to say that I absolutely HATED the ending. Just weirded me out. In my opinion, the scorpian referenced throughout the story was really Kaitlin. Derek was my favorite character.
R. Holmes
Dec 04, 2014 R. Holmes rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't even say how motherfuckingg disappointed I am! I looooved the first two so much, so much. I've been waiting so long for it to come out. I gave the other two books 5 star ratings and I was so angsty reading this, I was internally begging her to make the right choice. Then the ending? That is such bullshit. I have never ever been so pissed off after finishing a book. The ending was absolutely stupid. Like seriously be realistic, that's just dumb. I cannot believe one of my favorite series ...more
Candace
Picking up where book 2 left off, I was immediately plummeted into the dark depths of Kaitlyn's despair. I soo wanted the "old" Derek to come back and beat the hell out of the douchebag that moved into his body for the entirety of book 2. Unfortunately, the douchebag lives on, making his presence known right from the start of book 3.

Ryan, on the other hand, continues to be a sweetheart. He swiftly comes to Kaitlyn's rescue, offering a reprieve from the emotional turmoil Derek has created. While
Renee Mancini
SERIOUSLY!?! She gets both!?!?! One minute the guys are like, "No I love you..you need to be with me. You need to choose one of us."...then they talk in a room for 20 minutes and all the sudden are like, "Ok I love you enough to share and have sex with you while my best friend is watching."--What the shit!?!

SOOO pissed off how it ended. She should've ended up with one or the other. Loved the first book and LOOVED Derek. He made me mad in the next book and seriously, always gotta put a nice guy
Raiveran Rabbit
Feb 13, 2015 Raiveran Rabbit rated it did not like it
This series focuses on unhealthy and abusive relationships.

This series fell apart after the first book. I understand the author had some major health issues that interrupted her writing, and unfortunately it looks like that derailed her process. The characters were decently established in the first book, which was a tribute to torch songs. Sweet and poignant, it should have ended as a cautionary coming-of-age tale. Instead it carried into the present day, following a character who hadn't grown
Doris
Jan 26, 2015 Doris rated it liked it
The series was a good read, not great. Sometimes the characters were a bit weak and to be honest the only one I really like was Ryan. Derek was hard to connect(not the bad boy I would prefer) with and Kaitlyn was not a strong female heroine. Did like her roommate Shanna though..
Kayleigh Davies
That ending was a big pile of shit!!! I'm sorry I hate to crap on someone's work but that was just a god damn cop out!! Derek was just a loser I'm sorry for those that like him but what was with all this "Ryan doesn't love you he said he would let you go if you wanted him to he wouldn't fight for you". Ok that's called respect which Derek has none of!!
And Kaitlyn, God I don't think I have ever hated a lead female more. She is an absolute bitch!! Literally made me sick I just wanted to climb in
Lizbeth Cabrera
Hard as rock

Ok, this one was interesting. First of all, I will go without too much cursing, It's a killer for me. Second Kaitlyn drove me crazy, not just one but a lot of times! The drama! And third, maybe the end makes sense in this day and age but I don't know if I like It. Maybe Because I am an old fashion only one guy kind of girl. Just saying :)
Heather Ferguson
May 24, 2015 Heather Ferguson rated it did not like it
I despised everything about this book from the moment she left New York. I can't think which character I hated more..........all of them.....except killian. What a waste of my £2.99. The ending had to possibly be the worst ending I've ever read. It is like this book was written by someone else as I liked the other two.
Kenna
Nov 29, 2014 Kenna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What???

I was so loving this story until the writer appears to get lazy and really not end this at all. I mean, REALLY???? I waited months for that? So very disappointed. I think this was rushed at the end, that is the only excuse I come up with to have such a stupid ending.
mitei
I couldn't wait for this book to come out to see how Derek was going to talk himself out of the mess he made at the end of book 2. What I didn't expect was how much I would hate Kaitlyn by the end of this book.
Kellie
Nov 22, 2014 Kellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My biggest issue with this series is that Kaitlyn lost every redeeming quality after book 1. She went from a star student with smart comebacks to a struggling writer without enough ambition to then just be... a let down and a moocher. I just don't see why either guy loved her so much. But once I let that go it was a quick, engaging read. And I have to give Thorne credit for sticking to her publish date. Seems like not many do that these days and its SO frustrating!!
Sybil aka Lala
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!

I cannot believe I suffered through three whole books just to be met with this ridiculous cop-out of an ending!!

WORST.ENDING.IN.HISTORY

So she gets both guys?! And everyone's OK with sharing all of a sudden?!

FUCK. THIS. BOOK!

Lisa
Dec 30, 2014 Lisa rated it did not like it
Biggest disappointment in any book I have read - did not like how the story progressed and finished. Huge letdown as the first 2 books were great
Angel Mercure
Dec 03, 2014 Angel Mercure rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crappiest ending ever ruined a series that I loved wishing I hadn't bothered to read it
Brendy
Aug 21, 2015 Brendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rough-red, good-plots, 3
First one completely sweet, second one , just feeling angry toward the character, and third one; such an unexpected twist. I really didn't see ir coming, but hey ot kept me quite interested in the story because it actually was a good one , just lets say that the ending was totally uncalled for , but hey ! It was a good ending don't misunderstand me , but I was quite expecting something else, but not always happens what you wants, and that' s cool.
The whole series it's a total guide for breaking
Regin Tan
Jan 29, 2015 Regin Tan rated it did not like it
I guess many people shared the same view as me on this book.

For the first two books I was on like "meh". But I am curious as to who Kaithlyn would be with. Would she finally forgive Derek or would she leave for someone else.

Upon reading the last book, I don't even know why I picked it up. I should just left it as how it ends in book 2.

Book 3 is a great disappointment, it's like the author love the characters so much that she don't bear to kill them. And the heroine, is weak as hell. What the
Liz
Dec 04, 2014 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rock
Hmmm. Not sure about this one. The second book had closed on a pretty harsh cliffhanger, I couldn't wait to get reading to see what happened but now I've finished this one it feels like the ending was a cop out.

The band continued to charm me but Kaitlyn wow, by the end of this book there was nothing to redeem her. The series started off so well but by the end of this book I couldn't help but feel disappointed with the odd conclusion.
Jenance
This is so hard to write because I was expecting this book to finally give us Kaitlyn's emotional revelation and closure with Ryan or Derek. The book was absorbing for 90% of the time until the end. It was just a strange ending. I just didn't know what to make of it but I'm still a fan of Olivia Thorne's writing. BTW, the book is called Hard as Rock.
Karla Donovan
Nov 25, 2014 Karla Donovan rated it did not like it
Hated half the book. She is the most immature 'woman' I have ever read. I felt no real connection between Kaitlyn and Ryan. The ending? Really? The shit sucked :(
Tara
Mar 09, 2015 Tara rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
You know what I want to happen? I want Kaitlyn to get a job, stop having sex for five minutes, and take a week for herself.

Quit at 90% and yeah, what a fucking bitch.
Erika Dee
Nov 20, 2014 Erika Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this series. I couldn't get enough which is why I'm bummed it's the end. I need more Derek and Ryan.!
Merr
Dec 01, 2014 Merr rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was so disappointed in his book. Kaitlyn was very annoying and the ending fell flat.
Maryanne
May 04, 2015 Maryanne rated it it was ok
But when?????
Tracy Clugh
Nov 01, 2016 Tracy Clugh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the series

I was unable to review each book because I couldn't stop reading long enough to write it. Yes, this series is that good. Kaightlin a struggling young journalist, WAIT, NOPE, gotta go back further. OK, Kaightlin, a college student, rooms with Shanna, a vibrant, fun loving, man loving, young woman, brings back to her room one night Derek Kane, a rock n roll bad boh to be. As Shanna's desire to add Derek to her notched bedpost, Derek sees Kaightlin for the first time an
Kristine
Nov 07, 2016 Kristine rated it it was ok
Tammy Reeping
Nov 01, 2016 Tammy Reeping rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roller Coaster of love

Could not put the book down until I read all three. So many emotions, from pissed off ,to hurt, to in awe. And I so did not see that ending, but wow !
Sam Quevillon
Nov 03, 2016 Sam Quevillon rated it liked it
Was not as good as the other 2 books but alright.
  • Betrayed (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #2)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • All Secrets & Lies (All, #4)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)
  • Love the Boss (Managing the Bosses #4)
  • Show Stopper (Rock & Release, Act #3)
  • This Broken Beautiful Beast (Broken Beautiful, #2)
  • Enslaved by a Viking (The New Icelandic Chronicles, #2)
  • Irish Sex Fairy
  • The Everlasting Chapel, (The Chapel Series, Book #3)
  • The Beats in Rift (The Bad Blood Series, #1)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Diamonds in the Rough
  • Stripping the Billionaire (Heirs of Damon, #4)
  • Soldier of Fortune (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #2 )

The Rock Star's Seduction (3 books)
  • Rock Me Hard (The Rock Star's Seduction, #1)
  • Rock All Night (The Rock Star's Seduction, #2)

“OH MY GOD, YOU DIDN’T!” she shrieked. “What’re you trying to do, collect the whole set?!” 0 likes
“The most wonderful thing about being happy is that you think you’ll never be unhappy again.” 0 likes