Start by marking “Bigfoot: I Not Dead” as Want to Read:
Bigfoot: I Not Dead

Bigfoot: I Not Dead (Bigfoot #3)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  832 ratings  ·  146 reviews
In his eagerly anticipated follow-up to Me Write Book, Bigfoot returns from exile to share his inspiring, hilarious, and often deeply disturbing experiences as a misunderstood forest gentleman and tragic media darling. These entertaining and often grizzly stories stand not only as a testament to the greatness of the legendary man-beast, but also as a chilling cautionary ta ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Bigfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bigfoot

tom
this book is awesome. it's a collection of essays and aphorisms penned by bigfoot in an attempt to have people understand him on a personal level. it's hard to express the subtle humor of this book so i'll give you a little taste of what it's all about. here's what bigfoot has to say to the haters in a piece titled "haters."

haters
"Bigfoot have a lot of critic. People go around and gossip bad about me. Say I a thug, that I evil to core, that I crass, perverted monster. Really they just jealous, B
jess
if want truth, Bigfoot have bad days too. Not always feel like rainbow and sparkle inside. when feeling blue always find good belly laugh and beat something to death brighten day... think, not so much helpless victim; rather, Moist Towelette For the Soul (tm)

Bigfoot tells hard-hitting truths about life in the forest (bear is a drunk), fame, media exploitation (if go to casting call and producer ask you take off clothes, that not normal), violence, loneliness, and bloody murder for sport. The dr
Philip
Now THAT'S some funny .

Somewhere on the list of the best feelings in the world there has to be:

Going to the library, picking up something up on a whim and striking book gold. It's like magic for my eyes. (Occasionally obscene magic, and at times poo poo humor magic, but magic nonetheless.)
Elh52
Vol. III - I guess I've lived three times, now that I've read this third volume of the autobiography of Bigfoot.
Kevin
An entertaining and quick read and a good gift for those in your life who enjoy a little off-color comedy.
Rach
Apr 08, 2012 Rach rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012, manga
Poor Bigfoot. So sad and lonely, so misunderstood. So violent and bloodthirsty. But he just wants to belong. And if you don't let him, he might kill you. But really, he likes you. This little book is filled with notes from Bigfoot, trying to explain himself and his life, perhaps in the hopes that if you understand him a little, you won't chase him with torches and pitchforks anymore. Because really, that never ends well for anyone.

Some of my favorite moments:

-- Bigfoot's blind date turns out to
One of the best gifts my brilliant but twisted brother ever gave me. I have rarely laughed as hard in my life, and that includes episodes of milk-coming-out-of-the-nose laughing as a child. That may be due in part to timing, but it remains a good laugh on subsequent reads. Is it in bad taste? Well, maybe so. But it is just so terribly funny.

Graham Roumieu has a very distinctive and energetic ink-and-watercolor illustration style that is perfectly suited to his offbeat and sometimes (often) grue
Ashley
First off, this is not a paperback, no matter what Goodreads says.

But about the book. I wasn't interested in this Bigfoot phenomena, sounding like just another pointless humor book. And being from the Pacific Northwest, I had my fill of Bigfoot 20 years ago. But I must admit that I actually liked this book quite a bit! Great art (like the blood!), and a fun character. His back and forth between sensitive/misunderstood and wanting to tear your head off really rings true. As shown in "Good Old Day
Trixie Fontaine
Best early-40th-birthday present ever! I can totally relate to Bigfoot, who's like a cross between Cookie Monster, every Chinese mother/sister/auntie in Amy Tan's books, a mid-life Patrick Bateman, and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. I laughed and laughed, and LOVE the art. Most straightforward and entertaining book on the tragic, hilarious, violent human condition I've read in . . . well, I don't know how long. I really loved it, anyway.
Nathaniel
A well-spent 20 minutes of reading about killing, eating things, poop, and other off-color humor. But then, so is a Family Guy or a Simpsons episode. While it's good and worth reading, I don't think it's 5-star Goodreads good. Sorry Bigfoot. Please don't kill me, eat me, and poop out my bones a few days later for my wife.
Carl London
I took my time with this one. I limited myself to a few hilarious pages a day, otherwise it would have all been over in just a few minutes. I feel closer to the big guy already!

I cannot wait to get a hold of the other books by Graham. I can only hope they're even 1/10th as funny as I Not Dead.
abcdefg
Here's another one of Roumieu's crazy books. Again, like the first and second of its kind, this one's written in "Bigfoot's handwriting" with illustrations of the "fringe hominid" taking his shots at humans and living it up the way only Bigfoot can.

The San Francisco Chronicle calls this book "brilliantly funny," but I didn't really get taken up into the humor of this book or in any of Roumieu's Bigfoot works. Again, there were sections where I laughed here and there, but I'm not out of breath or
Mary Overton
Bigfoot's self-improvement essay on positive thinking:

GOOD TO GOODER
Bigfoot pretty amazing guy. Most mystifying thing about Bigfoot not really how evade society for so long, not what have hide in blood soak sack or how keep look so good when other forest creature look like shit. You ever wonder "what the fuck I taste secret ingredient in Bigfoot salad dressing?" NO TELL!
Better question you should be ask Bigfoot is "Bigfoot, how you always stay on sunny side of life?"
Well, if want truth Bigfoot h
Angie
From Big Foot's perspective, people have got it all wrong. He tries to explain himself a bit in this creatively illustrated book.
It's touching, hilarious, raw and crude all at the same time. A bit too crude for my taste, but certainly amusing.
Dray
My kids showed this to me in class, and I was laughing my ass off. I bought it that same day. For some reason, I didn't laugh as hard when finishing the book...maybe I'm just loopy at school. Still, quite funny. The pictures are priceless.
Pam Jessen
Primitive and crude... but what do you expect from a book written by Bigfoot? Definitely a bit crass in some places, but some pretty funny stuff in here for those with a twisted sense of humor.
Sasha Boersma
This is my life. The end.
Heidi
I haven't read "Me Write Book," but a copy of this book was randomly placed in the fiction section at Barnes & Noble. I was searching through for my typical historical fiction novels and my fiance saw this and started reading this while waiting for me to finish my book hunt. The two of us started reading it together in the store and were dying laughing (we enjoy dark humor). It was an awesome impulse buy!! Buy it for a friend and carefully read it first :)
The first of the Bigfoot memoirs that I have read, it definitely cracked me up in several places. I have two favorite excerpts in this one. In "School Hard Knocks", Bigfoot states that people forget they can't get "medieval" on his ass, since he predates that time. Instead, he'll give out "prehistory lesson". And, in "Good to Gooder" he equates a person he kills to make him feel better as a "Moist Towelette for the Soul". Sad, sick, fun stuff.
Manuel Wanskasmith
This series is really funny. This is the third book. It departs from the everyday average joe types of anecdotes that made the first two so great, and focuses in on some crazier parts of Bigfoot's psyche. It's kind of like how Seinfeld got worse after Larry David stopped writing episodes about stuff that could actually happen you you and me, and the show started being about crazy shit that no one ever experiences.
Katie
Really funny and cute :)
Justwinter
Bigfoot not Shakespeare. But Shakespeare not chase by jerks or get loss in woods. Shakespeare not pull tranquilizer dart out of neck or smash face in. Bigfoot tell it like is.

Graham Roumieu stomps out the status quo with Bigfoot: I not dead. Wonderful illustrations augment Bigfoot's observations on life in and out of the woods. Darkly funny, off-color and perverse.
Kate
I should not have read this while suffering through a cold - all that laughing led to horrible coughing fits, but it was still worth it!! Bigfoot is a grumpy, misunderstood, big-headed, has-been-celebrity whose first instinct is always to smash heads. His various rants are mean, sad and HILARIOUS!! This book is a bit darker than "Me Write Book, It Bigfoot Memoir."
Becky
Pretty funny, although I didn't laugh until I peed like the blurb from Slate.com on the back said I would...

Quick, light, fast, entertaining. Funny illustrations. Wouldn't want to buy it because it's too short, and not funny enough. I would recommend it to a friend with a quirky sense of humor, or possibly a strange love for Bigfoot. :)
Samantha Quarterman
My fiance saw this book on the table at work and had to borrow it for me to read. He first made jokes that the Bigfoot character had horrible grammar like he did, so I was intrigued to read it. This isn't a challenging read by any means, but it was really funny.

Although if you don't like a little profanity... steer clear of this book.
Gail
Bigfoot, that misunderstood hairy beast that lurks in all of us, gives us another memoir detailing his misunderstood, up-and-down, bizarre life. This is not a book for children, but should amuse most adults, if only for a few minutes. If you like Monty Python and find the movie Fargo entertaining, this is a book you should read.
Kurt
Q: Bigfoot, when my Guinea pig wake up? Parents say he sleeping in box in ground in back garden. Suzie, Age 9, Toronto, Canada.

A: Actually Suzie Guinea pig dead and Bigfoot already dig up and eat. If want back Bigfoot probably poop out bones and fur in day or so. Very delicious, raise him right, he taste like love.
Gphatty
The drawings remind me of Jules Pfeiffer. The writing is arch satire -- equal parts Monty Python (particularly Fantastic Mr. Fegg) and Pearls Before Swine. Lots of wonderful laugh-out-loud moments. Lots of gory stuff. Bigfoot itself is somewhere between Homer Simpson and Hannibal Lecter. Recommended for adults only.
Tyler
One of the funniest things I've ever read. I picked up this book (along with a bunch of others) in the Seattle library (which is awesome, by the way), and ended up passing it on to Tom and Andrea. Some sensitive subjects and language for those concerned. But it's hilarious, you should read it anyway.
Jordan
The sheer giddy joy I felt when I heard there was a new volume in this series cannot be overstated. So thank you, Amazon.com recommendation e-mail. While you are usually annoying and way off the mark, at least this once you brought a lovely ray of sunshine into my life and I am forever grateful.
  • Library Mascot Cage Match (Unshelved, #3)
  • Lust: Kinky Online Personal Ads
  • Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • Should You Be Laughing at This?
  • Albert and the Others
  • Point Your Face at This: Drawings
  • 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man
  • Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed?
  • Welcome to the Dahl House: Alienation, Incarceration, and Inebriation in the New American Rome
  • Goodnight Bush
  • Cancer Made Me a Shallower Person: A Memoir in Comics
  • Zombies Hate Stuff
  • The Alcoholic
  • The Pirates! In An Adventure With Napoleon
  • When I'm Old and Other Stories
  • Pinocchio
  • American Elf: The Collected Sketchbook Diaries, Vol. 1
In Me Own Words: The Autobiography of Bigfoot Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir Cat & Gnome 101 Ways To Kill Your Boss Sign My Crack

“Q: Bigfoot, when my Guinea pig wake up? Parents say he sleeping in box in ground in bakc garden.
Suzie, Ag 9, Toronto, Canada

A: Actually Suzie Guinea pig dead and Bigfoot already dig up and eat. If want back Bigfoot probably poop out bones and fur ni day or so. Very delicious, raise him right, he taste like love.”
4 likes