Start by marking “Un amour hors du temps” as Want to Read:
Un amour hors du temps

Un amour hors du temps

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  641 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Alexander a tout pour lui : beauté, santé, richesse.
Pourtant que de mystères l'entourent !
Il fuit la lumière du soleil et, tel un dieu païen, se dénude sous la lune pour se ressourcer. Un sang noir coule dans ses veines et lui confère une jeunesse éternelle, convoitise de chercheurs fous. Il est condamné à la solitude car si le monde apprend qui il est, d'où il vient, c'en
Published February 25th 1999 by J'ai lu (first published January 28th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Un amour hors du temps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un amour hors du temps

Haylie
May 31, 2008 Haylie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
OMG! I so totally love this book and this author...she writes really awesome vampire romances! anyway...Alexander and Kara were like the perfect match...** Spoilers here!!!** i was just getting real frustrated at Alexander and his stubborness!! I mean Kara loved him despite of what he was (an alien vampire????) but he was all like always questioning if she really loved him and then if she would want or be hurt by his child!!! Sometimes i just wanted to hit him over the head with a baseball bat!! ...more
Mayu
Leí este libro hace mucho y apenas me acuerdo de lo que pasaba en la novela. Pero si me acuerdo de que fue lo opuesto a lo que yo esperaba. No me gustó nada y ni siquiera entiendo como tuve la paciencia suficiente como para leerlo entero. Ha sido el único libro que he leído de Amanda, y sigo sin querer probar nada mas de la autora.

Fue la primera novela romántica que leí con un alien como protagonista. Admitamoslo, los extraterrestes no abundan en el género. Pero Amanda no supo hacer algo especi
Leah
Terrible! Amanda Ashley has been added to my list of authors from whom I shall never purchase another book! Terrible!!! This is how the story went... girl and guy get together, they break up, get kidnapped, escape. The thing is; these sequence of events don't just happen once, but three times over and over. This book was like the movie Groundhog Day. I thought I would go mad reading it.
Linda
This was slightly better than the previous two books that I had purchased and the story had a "bit more go in it" but for me, the start just didn't grab me.... I tried and tried and persevered to the end but it was the later part of this book that actually picked up and was worth reading.
Bianca
This book was horrible. I felt as though I was reading "Interview with the vampire - for dummies". It was basically the same dialogues, same plots, and same character descriptions. horrible book for vampire lovers!!!
Renee
While I normally love Amanda Ashley I do have to say that while decent, this story had way too many similarities to Sunlight, or maybe vice versa because of the publication dates.

I do love her story telling ability but after re reading most of her novels back to back I do need to point out that I am sick of whiny heroines that are freaked out by their vampire/alien lovers. Not all women would faint.I want a book where the lead character is a strong woman vamp! :) Or at least a girl who is like,
Victoria
That was hugely terrible.

1. Heroine was truly too stupid to live. She repeatedly puts herself back into dangerous situations. She lets the hero make ALL her choices for her. It reminded me of Twilight, how Hero would just be de facto in charge at all times.
2. Hero is (view spoiler)
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
I'm not going to rate this one because I didn't finish it. You can see my status updates for a few hints as to why I didn't finish. To be fair, I did simply set it aside for a bit when I got too annoyed with it to keep listening, but after 3 months I still have no desire to listen to or read any more of it, don't care what happens to the characters nor what happens in the rest of the story, so I returned the audiobook on Audible and I'm marking this as a DNF.

I've read other books by this author
Charisma Knight
This is an intriguing tale of love that is pushed to the edge, making you wonder if Kara and Alexander will ever discover a happily ever after. I love how Amanda Ashley threw in that magnificent twist regarding Alexander Claybourne's heritage.

The only complaint I have is Alexander's little silent temper tantrums when he doubts Kara's love for him. I found myself thinking "God man, she loves you, what more do you want?" Alexander can be dark and menacing, but has that slight girley-man thing goi
Carrie
This being an Amanda Ashley book, and per the description on the back cover, I was expecting a certain type of story. The actual story surprised me, and I still LOVED it! : ) There is a twist, but the overall story is written in what is one of my favorite AA styles, where the H/h are together through most of the book & tho one or both of them have struggles w/ their differences, those struggles don't last relatively long. I enjoy the banter and the lightness of her stories, even when they're ...more
Charlie
I'm not going to lie, I saw the cover and decided to read the first page while standing in the bookstore. It had a cute little beginning but a hint of seriousness to it. So I picked it up. It was hard to put down as the story developed. However, I find that it was a bit confusing at times, and things -I feel- were left out. I think it could go into more detail in the end.
But it was still a good read, action packed as our couple tries to escape the bad guys and just live a normal life...
Crystal
Sep 11, 2007 Crystal rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
I went to the mall yesterday with a friend and while she was clothes shopping, I randomly picked up this book and sat down to read it. I could not put it down! I really wish I had not been flat broke at the time. I would have bought the book and brought it home, probably reading it within days. I went back to the mall today and sat down with it, reading two more chapters. I hope to go again this week. Anyway, I love this book. It pulled me in right from the start!
Paige
Okay, but had a lot of slow plots. Book should have been shorter.
Nola
Sep 03, 2012 Nola rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy annoying, cheesy romance novels
Total load of crap. Poorly developed characters, poorly developed storyline with an unhealthy dose of cringe-worthy writing. The quote I've chosen as an example gives away the plot twist.

(view spoiler)

It was just really cheesy and had all the elements of a bad romance novel.
Charlotte
This had a twist- Alex, at first I thought he was a vampire, then maybe Shape shifter. LOL good twist.
One thing bugged me- the use of the word 'SLANTED', just not a word to discribe a kiss in any way, and it is used to much. other than that it is a good read, and I'll pick up the next book by Amanda Ashley.
Melissa
Waste of time. This has to be one of the most disgusting books I have ever read. I absolutely hate the heroine, the girl is so stupid it is not even funny. I literally had to stop myself from throwing this book across the room in frustration a couple of times. I'm amazed I even finished reading this.
Bill Sanderson
Very well done, as is usual for Ms. Ashley. I enjoyed the way she kept us guessing about Alexander for the first half of the book. As for the rest, principled men can be so stupid about what to do when they love some and want to protect them from harm. I know, it's a guy thing.
Vera
I didn't like this book all too much, the begining was hopeful but in the the end I had to make myself finish it. I don't think I'll ever read it again.
Megan
Good. I can't say I've re-read it though. However, if you are a fan of Amanda Ashley's books, then this is worth reading.
Ladyvixen
ennuyeux, j'ai trouvé les méchants plus intéressant que les héros, c'est jamais bon signe :-(
Beth
I enjoyed this book and was surprised by the characters. I will read it again someday.
Kendra
hated it!! Had to make myself finish it... Not my kind of book at all...
Lisa Cobb
different but good it kept me coming back.
GREAT Book with a twist. No smut just intense.
Angie
Love some of the very...detailed scenes :)
Amanda
Aug 13, 2009 Amanda rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, really
So bad it's funny!
Dawn
Dawn added it
Nov 27, 2014
  • Feather in the Wind
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires, #4)
  • Sacrament (Companion, #xx)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)
  • Forever and the Night (Vampire, #1)
  • Prince of Dreams (Val Cache, #2)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues, #2)
  • Out of the Night (Night Slayer, #1)
  • Carved in Stone (Les Gargouillen #1)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5) After Twilight (Dark, #7) Night's Kiss (Children of The Night, #1) Bound by Night (Bound #1) Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2)