Start by marking “Un amour hors du temps” as Want to Read:
Un amour hors du temps

Un amour hors du temps

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  772 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Alexander a tout pour lui : beauté, santé, richesse.
Pourtant que de mystères l'entourent !
Il fuit la lumière du soleil et, tel un dieu païen, se dénude sous la lune pour se ressourcer. Un sang noir coule dans ses veines et lui confère une jeunesse éternelle, convoitise de chercheurs fous. Il est condamné à la solitude car si le monde apprend qui il est, d'où il vient, c'en
Published February 25th 1999 by J'ai lu (first published January 28th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Un amour hors du temps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un amour hors du temps

Haylie
May 31, 2008 Haylie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
OMG! I so totally love this book and this author...she writes really awesome vampire romances! anyway...Alexander and Kara were like the perfect match...** Spoilers here!!!** i was just getting real frustrated at Alexander and his stubborness!! I mean Kara loved him despite of what he was (an alien vampire????) but he was all like always questioning if she really loved him and then if she would want or be hurt by his child!!! Sometimes i just wanted to hit him over the head with a baseball bat!! ...more
Rebecca
Apr 24, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book but for some reason when I was done it didn't go to the leave a review page. It said there was the before you go in the drop down but when I hit it, it just took me to the last page I had read so weird. Had to find it on my good reads books to leave a review. Anyways, I like this author and have read some of her other books and yes i know some people are upset with this book, but I won't say more than its not exacted what they were thinking it was about and yes there is ...more
Mayu
Leí este libro hace mucho y apenas me acuerdo de lo que pasaba en la novela. Pero si me acuerdo de que fue lo opuesto a lo que yo esperaba. No me gustó nada y ni siquiera entiendo como tuve la paciencia suficiente como para leerlo entero. Ha sido el único libro que he leído de Amanda, y sigo sin querer probar nada mas de la autora.

Fue la primera novela romántica que leí con un alien como protagonista. Admitamoslo, los extraterrestes no abundan en el género. Pero Amanda no supo hacer algo especi
Leah
Oct 23, 2008 Leah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible! Amanda Ashley has been added to my list of authors from whom I shall never purchase another book! Terrible!!! This is how the story went... girl and guy get together, they break up, get kidnapped, escape. The thing is; these sequence of events don't just happen once, but three times over and over. This book was like the movie Groundhog Day. I thought I would go mad reading it.
Linda
Feb 10, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was slightly better than the previous two books that I had purchased and the story had a "bit more go in it" but for me, the start just didn't grab me.... I tried and tried and persevered to the end but it was the later part of this book that actually picked up and was worth reading.
Kate
Jun 02, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Townsfolk of Moulton Bay said there was something otherworldly about Alexander Claybourne. Some people whispered that with his dark, arresting features and mesmerising eyes, the seductive stranger looked every inch a vampire. They never guessed how near the truth they were-or that after more than two hundred years of resisting temptation, Claybourne had found a woman he had to possess.

Never one to be scared off by superstitious lore, Kara Crawford laughed at the local talk of creatures lurking i
Bianca
Mar 20, 2010 Bianca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was horrible. I felt as though I was reading "Interview with the vampire - for dummies". It was basically the same dialogues, same plots, and same character descriptions. horrible book for vampire lovers!!!
Renee
May 23, 2012 Renee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, romance
While I normally love Amanda Ashley I do have to say that while decent, this story had way too many similarities to Sunlight, or maybe vice versa because of the publication dates.

I do love her story telling ability but after re reading most of her novels back to back I do need to point out that I am sick of whiny heroines that are freaked out by their vampire/alien lovers. Not all women would faint.I want a book where the lead character is a strong woman vamp! :) Or at least a girl who is like,
Victoria
Feb 03, 2013 Victoria rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-in-2013
That was hugely terrible.

1. Heroine was truly too stupid to live. She repeatedly puts herself back into dangerous situations. She lets the hero make ALL her choices for her. It reminded me of Twilight, how Hero would just be de facto in charge at all times.
2. Hero is (view spoiler)
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
I'm not going to rate this one because I didn't finish it. You can see my status updates for a few hints as to why I didn't finish. To be fair, I did simply set it aside for a bit when I got too annoyed with it to keep listening, but after 3 months I still have no desire to listen to or read any more of it, don't care what happens to the characters nor what happens in the rest of the story, so I returned the audiobook on Audible and I'm marking this as a DNF.

I've read other books by this author
Debbie Tichelle Knowles
Different

This story was different in good way because it didn't have the typical brooding love struck vampire. No, he is an alien with vampiric qualities. Nice twist to the story it had romance,family orientation,drama I say it was really good
Consuelo
Jan 22, 2015 Consuelo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and unexpected...

I was expecting the usual vamp/mortal forbidden love, but this was way better! Had me fussing at the story a few times, like Kara falling for Barrett's Nana-trap! But still a really great read!
Patricia Wissore
Apr 18, 2016 Patricia Wissore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally different story than what I went in thinking I was going to get. I do love the twist with an alien instead of a vampire. Extremely good read and highly recommended!
adrienne weir
Apr 20, 2016 adrienne weir rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book

It was a great book and when I thought I have this figured out there was a great twist to the story
Charisma Knight
Oct 27, 2009 Charisma Knight rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an intriguing tale of love that is pushed to the edge, making you wonder if Kara and Alexander will ever discover a happily ever after. I love how Amanda Ashley threw in that magnificent twist regarding Alexander Claybourne's heritage.

The only complaint I have is Alexander's little silent temper tantrums when he doubts Kara's love for him. I found myself thinking "God man, she loves you, what more do you want?" Alexander can be dark and menacing, but has that slight girley-man thing goi
Carrie
May 02, 2016 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally read December 1, 2013

This being an Amanda Ashley book, and per the description on the back cover, I was expecting a certain type of story. The actual story surprised me, and I still LOVED it! : ) There is a twist, but the overall story is written in what is one of my favorite AA styles, where the H/h are together through most of the book & tho one or both of them have struggles w/ their differences, those struggles don't last relatively long. I enjoy the banter and the lightness o
Hillary
I thought this was a book about vampires and it turned way different but it was still so good!!
Charlie
Nov 20, 2010 Charlie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to lie, I saw the cover and decided to read the first page while standing in the bookstore. It had a cute little beginning but a hint of seriousness to it. So I picked it up. It was hard to put down as the story developed. However, I find that it was a bit confusing at times, and things -I feel- were left out. I think it could go into more detail in the end.
But it was still a good read, action packed as our couple tries to escape the bad guys and just live a normal life...
Crystal
Sep 11, 2007 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
I went to the mall yesterday with a friend and while she was clothes shopping, I randomly picked up this book and sat down to read it. I could not put it down! I really wish I had not been flat broke at the time. I would have bought the book and brought it home, probably reading it within days. I went back to the mall today and sat down with it, reading two more chapters. I hope to go again this week. Anyway, I love this book. It pulled me in right from the start!
Paige
Aug 17, 2014 Paige rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, kindle, 2014-books
Okay, but had a lot of slow plots. Book should have been shorter.
Nola
Sep 03, 2012 Nola rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy annoying, cheesy romance novels
Total load of crap. Poorly developed characters, poorly developed storyline with an unhealthy dose of cringe-worthy writing. The quote I've chosen as an example gives away the plot twist.

(view spoiler)

It was just really cheesy and had all the elements of a bad romance novel.
Charlotte
This had a twist- Alex, at first I thought he was a vampire, then maybe Shape shifter. LOL good twist.
One thing bugged me- the use of the word 'SLANTED', just not a word to discribe a kiss in any way, and it is used to much. other than that it is a good read, and I'll pick up the next book by Amanda Ashley.
Melissa
Oct 30, 2011 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Waste of time. This has to be one of the most disgusting books I have ever read. I absolutely hate the heroine, the girl is so stupid it is not even funny. I literally had to stop myself from throwing this book across the room in frustration a couple of times. I'm amazed I even finished reading this.
Bill Sanderson
Feb 03, 2012 Bill Sanderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well done, as is usual for Ms. Ashley. I enjoyed the way she kept us guessing about Alexander for the first half of the book. As for the rest, principled men can be so stupid about what to do when they love some and want to protect them from harm. I know, it's a guy thing.
Vera
Nov 08, 2011 Vera rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book all too much, the begining was hopeful but in the the end I had to make myself finish it. I don't think I'll ever read it again.
Megan
Good. I can't say I've re-read it though. However, if you are a fan of Amanda Ashley's books, then this is worth reading.
Ladyvixen
Feb 27, 2012 Ladyvixen rated it did not like it
ennuyeux, j'ai trouvé les méchants plus intéressant que les héros, c'est jamais bon signe :-(
Beth
Aug 31, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
I enjoyed this book and was surprised by the characters. I will read it again someday.
Kendra
hated it!! Had to make myself finish it... Not my kind of book at all...
Lisa Cobb
Jun 30, 2012 Lisa Cobb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
different but good it kept me coming back.
  • Chase the Lightning
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires #4)
  • Prince of Dreams (Val Cache, #2)
  • Carved in Stone (Les Gargouillen #1)
  • Sacrament (Companion, #xx)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Out of the Night (Night Slayer, #1)
  • The Moonstone and Miss Jones (Paranormal Investigator, #2)
  • Tonight And Always (Vampire, #4)
  • Blood of the Rose (The Embraced, #1)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)