Start by marking “Breathless (A Medium and an Extra Large #1)” as Want to Read:
Breathless (A Medium and an Extra Large #1)

Breathless (A Medium and an Extra Large #1)

For as long as J.T. Whitlock could remember, he’d been able to see the dead and talk to them. As a child, it had scared him half to death, but gradually he became aware that the images he saw—sometimes solid, sometimes shadows—weren’t going to hurt him. Or could they? When J.T. sees the spirit of one of his murdered students, Cody Baxter, sitting at the back of his ...more
ebook
Published July 16th 2014 by Dark Hollows Press (first published July 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Veronica /  V
Jul 18, 2014 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
I really like this story and I will definitely buy the next sequel, this kind of plots are one of my favorites and I'm looking forward to read more about this charming/hot couple.
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 25, 2014 Lorraine Lesar rated it really liked it
Shannon West is an automatic auto-buy for me. But I must admit that having read the "blurb" on her latest co-authored release, I wasn't that excited, but as a loyal fan and intrigued to see how this new partnership played out, I took up the challenge. Now I have to say it was a good solid storyline, but it didn't "grab me in the face" and start a new addiction for another of her series. The main problem for me was that I started to realise the slightly different styles in writing and it became ...more
Julz
Aug 23, 2014 Julz rated it it was ok
How does it go? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? This had lots of potential but read like a bad Adrien English/Psycop merger. I might have liked it better if I wasn't constantly making comparisons. I can only assume the author is a fan too considering the similarities. I'll try to write more when I'm not typing on tiny little letters.
~RMG
Jul 20, 2014 ~RMG rated it it was ok
I felt JT & Brick's relationship happened too quickly, and I didn't like how easily JT fell into bed with Brick after being arrested by the guy. I also thought it a bit farfetched how fast Brick went from disbelieving and suspicious to being on JT's side, sleeping with him, and then believing everything that was happening spiritually after he conveniently saw Cody's ghost. So yeah, just okay.
Lori S.
Jul 27, 2014 Lori S. rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
An enjoyable mystery/romance story with two interesting MCs full of fluff and fun. I'd be willing to read a series with this pairing. The ending was a little rushed though and perhaps a little too cliched and pat, but hey, I liked the story.
Poppy
Jul 20, 2014 Poppy rated it it was amazing
Well this was different and for all the right reasons!

Hot Cop, cute and sexy teacher with a murderer in the loose.

Dynamics and characters are written superbly as always from Ms West
Tj
Aug 04, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
I am not sure when or where I acquired this book but a bout of insomnia lead to me to read it. If you are looking for a complicated whodunit, drive on by. It doesn’t take CSI skills to solve this one. Anyone who has ever watched a rerun of the old TV show Murder She Wrote will have figured out the killer’s identity long before our main characters.

JT is a college professor with a quick wit and a good sense of humor. He is also young, hot, and gay not to mention sees and talks to ghosts. One of h
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Way too much telling in the beginning, stuff we don't really need to know, at least not yet.

A professor doesn't have a cell phone for his wife to call?

That was way way way way too fast to be believable. And then he doesn't even wonder about it afterwards? Not a peep?

Cool that he calls it his rescue inhaler. That someone who knows something about asthma. Most asthmatics have other, preventative, inhalers. Although the. He talked about maybe needed a Rocky Mountain High which would not be good fo
Debby Guyette
Mar 06, 2016 Debby Guyette rated it it was amazing

J.T. Whitman has been able to see the dead for a long time. It took some time but he is used to their presence and know they will not hurt him. When he notices his student, Cody Baxter, in the back of his class, he thinks nothing of it, until Detective Nathan “Brick” Brickman arrives to question him about his murder. He knows J.T. is hiding something and he has no choice but to arrest him when the murder weapon turns up with his prints on it.

Brick is an intriguing character. Not sure he believes
Anne
Oct 21, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
3.5 stars! I really enjoyed the story, but I did think everything happened a little too fast. I liked the characters, but there was one episode of "too stupid to live" that made me want to slap J.T.

Since this is the first book in a series, I expect the following books will be even more enjoyable.
Makhda
So-so. And the relationship happened to quickly in my opinion.
Sorry, but it didn't live up my expectations.

description
LynW
Dec 18, 2015 LynW rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guy, 5-star
I really enjoyed this; I love psychic books! My one niggle is the cover; these two do not look anything like they are described. That is a pet peeve of mine but didn't detract from the book.
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Mandi
Mandi rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Sharon Cox
Sharon Cox rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Meredith
Meredith rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2014
Maryann Kafka
Maryann Kafka rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2015
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Shaunté
Shaunté rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Kristine Jenkins
Kristine Jenkins rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Lada
Lada rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Tara Marie Parker
Tara Marie Parker rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
D
D rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

A Medium and an Extra Large (3 books)
  • Tempest (A Medium and an Extra Large #2)
  • Revelations (A Medium and an Extra Large #3)