Start by marking “Gluten-Free Classic Snacks: 100 Recipes for the Brand-Name Treats You Love” as Want to Read:
Gluten-Free Classic Snacks: 100 Recipes for the Brand-Name Treats You Love

Gluten-Free Classic Snacks: 100 Recipes for the Brand-Name Treats You Love

You can have your Tastykake(R)—and eat it, too!

Did you think going gluten-free meant giving up your favorite snack foods? Well not anymore! Nicole Hunn of Gluten-Free on a Shoestring helps you bring back the memories of those classic snacks, whether it's a little surprise in a lunchbox or a treat at the end of the day. Make all the most popular cookies, snack cakes, and cr
Published April 7th 2015 by Da Capo Lifelong Books

To ask other readers questions about Gluten-Free Classic Snacks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gluten-Free Classic Snacks

Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

5 Stars!

Fork over the snacks, and nobody needs to get hurt.

I love this cookbook! It is hard for me to talk about this cookbook without getting a little personal so I am just going to go for it. My husband and daughter both have Celiac disease. When my husband was diagnosed about 10 years ago, we tried to adjust but did a poor job if I am being honest. Then my daughter was diagnosed almost 3 years ago and I was determined that we would get i
Julie
Jan 15, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking, bars, cookies
I've been gluten intolerant now for about 4 years. More GF products have become available, even in that short time, and I am able to buy my self GF cookies and other treats but as the book noted they can be expensive and who want's to eat processed food all the time.
This book has a large selection of easy recipes to try, some of the ingredients are more difficult find, but that wasn't surprising, but the recipes I tried were delicious and satisfying.
There's granola bars, donuts and even candy b
Tressa
Apr 30, 2015 Tressa rated it really liked it
I like this book better than her bread cookbook. However, many of the recipes are involved. I prefer easy cookie recipes that I can whip up. That being said, the cookie recipes in this book are very good. You must make a high quality gluten free flour or purchase one. These snacks are in no way for a shoestring budget, but if you want something yummy every now and then this is a good choice.
Paige
Jul 12, 2016 Paige rated it really liked it
While I haven't tried any of these recipes yet, I think the author did a good job creating a Gluten Free How To for things you just can't find in stores (e.g. GF Twix, GF Goldfish, Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes, etc.). There's even a recipe for GF Devil Dogs!
Happy Baking:)
Bozena Hartley
Bozena Hartley rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Tom Jones
Tom Jones rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Barney B McGrady
Barney B McGrady rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Ruth Baerg
Ruth Baerg rated it did not like it
Oct 25, 2015
Carrie Hill
Carrie Hill rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2015
Hannah Murphy
Hannah Murphy rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Agnes Fells
Agnes Fells rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
victoria lucas
victoria lucas rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Ingabean
Ingabean rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Christina M Chicoraske
Christina M Chicoraske rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Alyska
Alyska rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Kelbel
Kelbel rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Shannon Marie
Shannon Marie rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Cg
Cg rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Bev
Bev rated it really liked it
May 16, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Angi Dudas
Angi Dudas rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Heather Zavagnin
Heather Zavagnin rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Maria Crosman
Maria Crosman rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2016
I write a gluten-free recipe food blog, Gluten-Free on a Shoestring, and gluten-free cookbooks. Gluten-free food can be very expensive, but it shouldn't be. I help you make it enjoyable ... and affordable.
More about Nicole Hunn...