Start by marking “Love and Space Dust” as Want to Read:
Love and Space Dust

Love and Space Dust

"And in the end we are nothing more than love and space dust." Timeless poetry of feeling and emotion, Love & Space Dust carries readers on a journey through love, life and relationships, and then far beyond, into the stars and the far flung galaxies, where all that remains of the feelings we once felt and the lives we once lived is love and space dust.
Published May 2nd 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Space Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Space Dust

Trying to find
Its way back to
The stars.
Christian Serdon
This book was published months ago and it only received four ratings. FOUR RATINGS.

Well, people

true beauty
for their
eyes are shut
tight.

That was my 'right-on-the-spot-poetry' because this book is epic. Not as epic as Love And Misadventures and Lullabies but somewhere not far below it. I loved poetry so much that I almost die reading some of other people's posts. David Jones is not a familiar author or rather poet to me but this is such a masterpiece.
Trista Mateer
Love and Space Dust has a few disarmingly genuine poems, things that sound poignant and honest, things that sound like they matter. The trouble is that the rest of the book is filled with stiff lines and things that just didn't appeal to me. The thing is though, those few really decent poems make the book worth at least reading through if not owning.
Samantha
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. This book of poetry was good, no doubt, but I feel like there could have been more. I really enjoyed the ending chapter about The Spaceman and the Emperor.
Kayeen
Poetry and dreams;
Immortal in every
Book and
Every sunrise."

This book made me smile, laugh, tear up, happy, sad, long for someone I'll never have. Or so I think. There's always that one person you think about when you read or write poems. And right there you realize how much time you've invested thinking of him. It becomes an addiction. So hard to quit. And when you think you finally got rid of it. Withdrawals sink in. And it's so much worse than the ad
Nancy
Jul 07, 2015 Nancy rated it really liked it
How is it that he can emote with short lines feelings that you feel but have never written into words? Although extremely short, it makes me feel. I do feel at times there is just something lacking in the words - perhaps a feeling of insincerity that prevents it from getting five stars.
Samantha
Oct 03, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hands down my favorite collection of poetry! There are poems in this tiny book that I can relate to so wholeheartedly, that it breaks my heart.
Michael Daryl Mayo
Oct 24, 2016 Michael Daryl Mayo rated it liked it
'for one must live where one lives.'
Lili
Oct 16, 2016 Lili rated it it was amazing
"Loving you was the most exquisite form of self destruction"
Lindsey Berkowitz
Sep 06, 2016 Lindsey Berkowitz rated it really liked it
"It is also true that, in all of time, there will be one love, one particular person, who stays in the heart forever. Everyone has experienced such a love, and most people, everyone in fact, has loved one person above all others, even if they are currently separated from them by millenniums end inconceivable spans of time. We have all felt this love, even if we are not aware of it. The strange, inexplicable yearning for the unknown experienced late at night, the sense of heartbreak tugging at ...more
Jazz Singh
Sep 09, 2015 Jazz Singh rated it liked it
I came across this book from browsing good reads and read some impressive reviews, so I thought I should give this book the humble chance. After reading this, I believe young David Jones has compiled a series of short poems expressing love and pain. I believe the series of short poems are written well although I feel that they are not quiet yet finished. Simply written pomes and very easy to read and understand. I have read far more in-depth and much more expressive poetry in my time however I ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the universe
Love and space dust! Two of my favorite things!

Maybe it's that very bias that led me to give this book five stars, but so be it. I adored this book and highlighted a good deals of passages. A lovely read I would recommend to anyone and everyone.
the girl who waited
such a beautiful collection. reminded me of the doctor & clara's relationship (if i'm being honest.) pretty and short and bittersweet. loved it. own, if not read, this book.
Denni
Jan 01, 2015 Denni rated it it was amazing
Loved the poems

This was a great read. Beautiful poems and then end was so peaceful and beautiful to read. David Jones is a beautiful writer!
Corey
Aug 19, 2016 Corey rated it really liked it
"Smile, you are the building blocks of the universe. The stars, the galaxies, and you will be again, soon enough."
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Fabiola De Soto
Fabiola De Soto rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Mia Nilsson
Mia Nilsson rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2015
Tamara Ohlson
Tamara Ohlson rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
R. M. Wolfe
R. M. Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Diana Persinova
Diana Persinova rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Erika Aiko
Erika Aiko rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Kristen Lemaster
Kristen Lemaster rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Cat
Cat rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Taylor Kowitz
Taylor Kowitz rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Alexandru Ionica
Alexandru Ionica rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
  • Orchids in Moonlight
  • #Self: Taming Your Inner Online Menace
  • De kleurenvanger
  • Dzeja
  • The Suns Snow And The Sands Move: A thing of magic, a gift of poetry and prose.
  • Prufrock and Other Observations
  • Mountain Woman
  • Selected Poems and Three Plays
  • The Calling (Night Breeds, #1)
David Jones was born in 1989 in Liverpool, which is still his home. He studied English language and Literature at the University of Liverpool before specializing in Renaissance and Eighteenth Century Literature. He started writing at an early age, and has won numerous prizes for both poetry and prose, as well as writing plays for the radio and producing short films. His chief interests apart from ...more
More about David Jones...

“We are nothing but space dust, trying to find its way back to the stars.” 8 likes
“Of all the people I used to be, I miss the one that you loved the most” 8 likes