Start by marking “The Lion Vrie” as Want to Read:
The Lion Vrie

The Lion Vrie (The White Lion Chronicles #2)

What if all you knew was lost? What if destruction surrounded you? How would you rebuild? And where would you turn for help? Luik, now son to a dead King, finds himself injured and headed for Tontha in the north of a besieged Dionia. Here he sorts through the trauma of the recent past and attempts to piece together the whereabouts of his fallen Dibor and his friends Fane, ...more
Published May 9th 2007 by Tsaba House

To ask other readers questions about The Lion Vrie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lion Vrie

Shantelle
Ok, definitely gory and bloody and horrific. The start of The Lion Vrie was a little slow as well, and kind of confusing for me. But... it did mount up magnificently. And ended... terribly! All I am left with is the probability that a beloved character had died, and another beloved character has been captured by the Dairne-Reih! -And, not to mention, quite a burning desire to read the next book, Athera's Dawn!
The White Lion Chronicles is definitely intense. I read through the last third of the b
Eli
Jan 19, 2010 Eli rated it it was amazing
This is the second of a fantastic series by Christopher Hopper, author of The White Lion Chronicles, and co-author of The Berinfell Prophecies.
In the beginning of The Lion Vrie, Dionia’s armies are scattered and few. The kings of Dionia have been lost. The dead are limitless. And the Fallen are attacking their own race, without a single moment of hesitation. This is also bad because those that are not Fallen and are in disarray are not expecting their own race to turn on them. However, a remnant
Nathan Petrie
Dec 21, 2009 Nathan Petrie rated it it was amazing
Taking up where he left off, Christopher Hopper embarks on a tale beginning in destruction and ending in destruction. The world of Dionia is in ruins, their Kings have all fallen, and even the Most High has seemingly abandoned them. Morgui’s power is growing, his might spreading to the remotest parts of the land. The fallen one’s plan extends deep into Earth, as the Only Son prepares to lay His life down.

It is at this point, the weakest in all of the world’s time, that the Order of the White Lio
J. Tobias
Dec 13, 2010 J. Tobias rated it it was amazing
Adriel has fallen.

The impact of this hits all the corners of Dionia. Adriel, the cornerstone of their world, has fallen to Morgui, and the murderous Dairne-Reih are raging across Dionia. But even worse is the threat of the fallen. Men are turned against men, and the true malice of Morgui is revealed as the pages of the Lion Vrie turn. It seems like all is lost.

Luik and the remnants of Dionia flee to Mt. Dakka, and work begins on fortifying it. But can it sustain the wars of Morgui? And what will
Youth Bibliophole
Feb 07, 2010 Youth Bibliophole rated it it was amazing
The kings of Dionia are dead or disappeared. Humans are turning from loyal men to treacherous Fallen in an instant, slaughtering their own kind without a single moment of hesitation. What is left of the armies has escaped to Mount Dakka, a mountain peak in the north. Luik, son of Lair, overall leader of the Dibor makes a slow recovery after he has recovered, before a long and cold inussle, or winter, Luik travels to find his love and friend, Princess Anorra, for she hasn’t been seen for many day ...more
Goldarrow Of The Silver Bow
Aug 18, 2010 Goldarrow Of The Silver Bow rated it it was amazing
After reading Rise of the Dibor I didn’t really think I would like Lion Vrie… Well I was wrong, Lion Vrie is an original story about the Dibor, Fane, The Dwarves of Ot, Annora, the Lion Vrie, and The Almighty.

In the sequel to Rise of the Dibor, life is grim…

Morgui has won the battle, Athera’s men are fleeing, women and children are missing, friends have fallen or are missing, Ragnar is dead and it seems as if the Lion Vrie and The Almighty has turned their backs on the people of Athera.

Who will
Fiery
Sep 14, 2013 Fiery rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took about 6 months, before I finally decided to read the sequel of the Rise of the Dibor. Not that the first book was not written well, but all that heavy atmosphere, constant rain, advance of darkness, Adriel destruction, etc. at the end of the first book just exhausted me. But there was one thing that still intrigued me and it was what happened with the dwarf, Fane and the body of king Ragnar.

I was not disappointed when I finished the The Lion Vrie. The chapter of the land of Ot under the
Noah Arsenault
Nov 27, 2009 Noah Arsenault rated it it was amazing
The Lion Vrie, written by Christopher Hopper, is the second in the White Lion Chronicles. It is an allegorical christian fantasy fiction that contains many moral developments.
It takes place after the great battle which submitted most of Dionia to Morgui’s control. Luik is taken to Mount Dakka, a mountain fortress, to recover. After he has healed, he sets out to Ariel’s now barren ruins to search for the missing Dibor. There, he instead finds Anorra, and they return to Mt. Dakka. At that point,
Whisper
Feb 20, 2010 Whisper rated it liked it
This is a unique book that took a while to draw me in but had an epic ending.

Hopper seemed to have much potential for a good style. There were frequent well-constructed phrases and clever metaphors, but the story was bogged down with many, many typographical errors and frequent confusing sentences.

Plot-wise, there were pros and cons. As I stated before, it took me a long time to get drawn into the book; it was nearly the end before I was truly enjoying it. In many ways the plot or characters wer
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 11, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it
What an action filled fantasy book! There are so many twists and adventures that you will not want to put this book down!

This is the second book in The White Lion Chronicles and is the follow up to “Rise of the Dibor.” It is a Christian fantasy book, which you don’t get a change to read very often. This particular book is written in an easy to read language.

The story follows Luik as he is injured and travels to reach his loved ones. He encounters many mishaps and interesting characters.

This bo
Steven
Jul 19, 2012 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This, the second installment in The White Lion Chronicles, was indeed darker and more intense than The Rise of the Dibor had been. It is so difficult to see the characters you have come to love endure so much loss and pain. And I have come to feel their pain. To see the world you love plunged into despair and separated from God's continual presence must be heart-wrenching.

I think that is what I love (and hate) about the book. It doesn't ignore the fact that life is full of pain and suffering. An
Seth
Jul 19, 2010 Seth rated it liked it
This book, while I have enjoyed other books just as much but in different ways, was a very good kind of unique. The originality of the book is amazing, and I really felt like I was there, the world building skills were fantastic! Mr Hopper made me believe it was really happening; it was no longer just a story. All in all, this is an awesome book, one problem though. Before you start to read it you need to have the next book ready to read, because Christopher Hopper leaves you with quite some cli ...more
Natasha
Oct 12, 2008 Natasha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
This book leaves much to desire for the final installment. Everything is left in shambles. Can the realm survive the brutal attacks from all corners? Who will be at the frontlines to see the dawn of a new age, where (hopefully) evil will be defeated and righteousness will prevail! Well written, thought provoking, and a definite page turner: this is a must read for all fantasy lovers.
Storyteller
Mar 07, 2010 Storyteller rated it really liked it
The land of Dionia has been shattered by evil's overwhelming tide. As the few survivors struggle to regroup and survive, fear looms. The battle left them without a king. How can these broken people heal?

From the underground world of Ot to the summit of Mt. Dakka, the fight for freedom rages on, for Morgui will not rest until every son of Ad has been utterly destroyed.

Who is the High King's son? Where are the mysterious Tribes of Ot? Do the people of Dionia have enough faith and strength left to
Rushingwaters
May 31, 2010 Rushingwaters rated it it was amazing
What if all you knew was lost? What if Destruction surrounded you? How would you rebuild? And where would you turn for help? Would you believe in God? The Lion Vrie is a wonderful, classic book with love, hate, war, and dilemma. This novel by esteemed author Christopher Hopper contains many twists and turns in the plot. I thoroughly enjoyed these books by Christopher Hopper and cannot wait to read more by him!

Vrenith
Dec 04, 2010 Vrenith rated it it was amazing
As Luik discovers his true history, his friends Anorra, Brax, and the rest of the Dibor stay together as they find the secret behind the Lion Vrie…
The Lion Vrie is better than the first! It is more interesting, and more capturful(not sure that’s a word) I highly recommend it, and if any of you are lovers of fantasy, then you’ll probably like this.
--Vrenith
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
This was a pretty good book. It taught a lot on friendship and courage and humility and I enjoyed that. It was a little slow in the beginning, but once you got past that it picked up speed and ended well. I can't wait to read the third book Athera's Dawn and find out what happens.
Tel
Feb 24, 2010 Tel rated it it was amazing
As book two of the White Lion Chronicles the Lion Vrie loses none of the pace the first pace sets. As Luik and his friends encounter new enemies they must learn how to discern between friend and foe. A great book and I recommend it to anyone who loves a great tale with even greater depth.
Eagleswings
Dec 31, 2009 Eagleswings rated it it was amazing
What if all you knew was lost? What if Destruction surrounded you? How would you rebuild? And Where would you turn for help?

This wonderful book contains many twists and turns in the plot. I thoroughly enjoyed these books by Christopher Hopper and cannot wait for the third one to come out!!
Kelsey
May 16, 2009 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Amazing Sequal, better than the first! Again I couldn't put this book down until i had read the whole thing. Then I just wanted the next book to be published already. This is a great christian fantasy series. Will read all books when they come out.
Chris
Dec 12, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing
Join Luik again as he fights the evil monsters and seeks a way to destroy them once and for all. Follow him to the hidden city of Ot where he gets a shocking surprise. But will good triumph over evil? Find out in The Lion Vrie!
faithful
Jul 29, 2008 faithful rated it it was amazing
Book Two of The White Lion Chronicles
Fabulous storytelling with lots of imagination! The edge-of-your-seat battle scenes and underlying spirituality of it all give impetuous to read faster to get to the end.
I look forward to Book Three.
Melody
Feb 07, 2016 Melody rated it it was amazing
THIS...IS...AWESOME!!! Another great book by Christopher Hooper and a great sequel to The Rise of Dibor. I recommend this to those who liked the first book.
Brock
Oct 02, 2012 Brock marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
kindle - Fiction
Erias
Jan 18, 2010 Erias rated it it was amazing
The Lion Vrie by famous author Christopher Hopper is an awesome sequel to The Rise of Dibor. Containing many plot twists this book is simply wonderful. I love this book!
Hillary
Hillary rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
Samuel
Samuel rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Kaden Pulz
Kaden Pulz rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Dan Kazimoto
Dan Kazimoto rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Caleb Hartman
Caleb Hartman rated it liked it
May 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What do people think of Lion Vrie? 2 6 Apr 05, 2011 10:25AM
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • The Dark Lord's Demise (The Archives of Anthropos, #6)
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • Cyndere's Midnight (The Auralia Thread, #2)
  • A Steal of a Deal (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #2)
  • Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood, #1)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • The Way of the Wilderking (The Wilderking Trilogy, #3)
  • Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 2
  • The Fruit of My Lipstick (All About Us, #2)
  • 絶対平和大作戦 1 (Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen, #1)
Christopher Hopper is an American novelist, recording artist, pastor, and restauranteur. His fictional novels have gathered awards and nominations including The Silver Moonbeam, The Lamplighter, The Clive Staples, and The Pluto. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their four children in the 1000 Islands of northern New York.
More about Christopher Hopper...

The White Lion Chronicles (3 books)
  • Rise of the Dibor