Start by marking “Billy the Fish” as Want to Read:
Billy the Fish

Billy the Fish

1.92 of 5 stars 1.92  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Ned Finn is a boy who knows what he wants. He wants an entertainment system for his room. He wants a break from his boy-crazy sister, Stacey, and for his little brother Billy to leave him alone. Heck, he just wants a normal set of parents.

But when Billy eats some of their father's experimental fish food and turns into a cod, Ned just wants to turn him back. Not only are B
hardcover, 175 pages
Published October 17th 2006 by Bloomsbury Children's Books (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Billy the Fish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billy the Fish

Marcia
Aug 05, 2009 Marcia rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dedicated 25 readers only
Recommended to Marcia by: mcba
Shelves: mcba, grades-4-6
A boy eats some of his father's super new fish food and ---you guessed it--turns into a fish. Predictable, unfunny, a real stinker.
Hari
Aug 14, 2012 Hari rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
This was trite and tedious. Very wordy and hard to stick through. It had a lot of little jokes and innuendos, but no substance. The story could have been told a lot faster and that might have made it more interesting. The premise was cool, but overworked and very one note. I wish there had been more implications of the fish food, new discoveries about it's powers. Too many small details that were necessary make the plot plausible were just thrown in as well. Reminded me of one of those cartoon n ...more
Pat
Aug 07, 2009 Pat rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: grades 3-4
Ned's little brother Billy turns into a fish after eating father's super-secret fish food. Clever and humorous story line, but mediocre characters.

As I was reading, I kept thinking that this book will appeal to fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid (by Jeff Kinney), but I honestly think Diary of a Wimpy Kid is funnier and better written.
Ingrid
I had high hopes for this book, but it just didn't do anything for me and I couldn't force myself to finish it. Billy's brother eats some fish food developed by their father and turns into a cod. It sounds like it would be very funny, but it really wasn't.
Janssen
Kind of silly, but fun enough. The kids at my school seem to like it.
Aneesh