Start by marking “Billy the Fish” as Want to Read:
Billy the Fish

Billy the Fish

2.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Ned Finn is a boy who knows what he wants. He wants an entertainment system for his room. He wants a break from his boy-crazy sister, Stacey, and for his little brother Billy to leave him alone. Heck, he just wants a normal set of parents.

But when Billy eats some of their father's experimental fish food and turns into a cod, Ned just wants to turn him back. Not only are Bi
hardcover, 175 pages
Published October 17th 2006 by Bloomsbury Children's Books (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Billy the Fish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billy the Fish

Marcia
Aug 05, 2009 Marcia rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: dedicated 25 readers only
Recommended to Marcia by: mcba
Shelves: mcba, grades-4-6
A boy eats some of his father's super new fish food and ---you guessed it--turns into a fish. Predictable, unfunny, a real stinker.
Hari
Aug 14, 2012 Hari rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
This was trite and tedious. Very wordy and hard to stick through. It had a lot of little jokes and innuendos, but no substance. The story could have been told a lot faster and that might have made it more interesting. The premise was cool, but overworked and very one note. I wish there had been more implications of the fish food, new discoveries about it's powers. Too many small details that were necessary make the plot plausible were just thrown in as well. Reminded me of one of those cartoon n ...more
Pat
Aug 07, 2009 Pat rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: grades 3-4
Ned's little brother Billy turns into a fish after eating father's super-secret fish food. Clever and humorous story line, but mediocre characters.

As I was reading, I kept thinking that this book will appeal to fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid (by Jeff Kinney), but I honestly think Diary of a Wimpy Kid is funnier and better written.
Ingrid
Mar 07, 2011 Ingrid rated it did not like it
I had high hopes for this book, but it just didn't do anything for me and I couldn't force myself to finish it. Billy's brother eats some fish food developed by their father and turns into a cod. It sounds like it would be very funny, but it really wasn't.
Janssen
Sep 24, 2009 Janssen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, 2009, mcba
Kind of silly, but fun enough. The kids at my school seem to like it.
Ethan Boaz
Ethan Boaz rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Judah L
Judah L rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2015
Hatedrake
Hatedrake rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Russ
Russ rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Kathi
Kathi added it
Mar 17, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2012
Kevin.holt
Kevin.holt rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Jude
Jude added it
Oct 20, 2010
Maya
Maya added it
Mar 22, 2010
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2009
Erin
Erin rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2009
Audrey
Audrey rated it did not like it
May 28, 2008