Start by marking “The Chase, Volume 4 (The Chase, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Chase, Volume 4 (The Chase, #4)

The Chase, Volume 4 (The Chase #4)

***This is the exciting conclusion to The Chase series, a 4-volume serial.***

No one told me things would turn out this way. No one told me that to be honest with Blair, I had to break her heart. No one told me that the nightmare from my past would show up and hold the power to destroy my present.
Published September 19th 2014 (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Chase, Volume 4, please sign up.

Jessica Wood This seemed to have affected many of the people who pre-ordered the book, and for that, I apologize! There should be 9 chapters and the epilogue for…moreThis seemed to have affected many of the people who pre-ordered the book, and for that, I apologize! There should be 9 chapters and the epilogue for this last installment.

I feel awful. :( For anyone that has experienced this issue, please email me at jessicawoodauthor@gmail.com and I will do all that I can to address this issue for you and make it right. <3 Jessica Wood(less)

Sep 20, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
This was a good series but the ending was awful! I can't believe that is how the author chose to end their story. Really...3 years?! So disappointed!
Brittany L.
Sep 21, 2014 Brittany L. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Am I missing something?

Seriously?! This can't be the whole story, I had such high hopes for this series... to say I am left completely disappointed is an understatement..
Twynnie
Sep 20, 2014 Twynnie rated it did not like it
JAW DROPPING? Try LAME! Can I get my time and money back? I was so looking forward to the conclusion here and it was L-A-M-E! Totally dropped the ball on this one. I think the author was just trying to whip something out. She probably wrote this in an hour. Sorry, you need to go back for a re-do. A few added graphics does not make this any better.
danielle harris
Mar 12, 2016 danielle harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-goal
So cute!

I really loved this series. Dean and Blair are hilarious, fun, and super sexy! I'm so glad I decided to give this a try. I would recommend to all.
DIANY
Oct 23, 2015 DIANY rated it did not like it
Pero quéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Vaya, qué decepción.
Esta serie parecía traer un desenlace más prometedor. En serio creí que para el último volumen la historia acabaría genial y su contenido sería toda una bomba pero en definitiva estaba muy equivocada :(
En primer lugar, me acabo de dar cuenta del casi nulo desarrollo de la pareja, ¿cómo diablos pasaron de ser desconocidos, clienta-abogado a una relación apasionada y de amor eterno y sincero?
Estuvo bien que la autora quisiera ce
Stephanie Powell
Oct 16, 2014 Stephanie Powell rated it it was ok
I really hate doing this honestly but for me I waited for this book for a while. Then when I got it and was 2 chapters so I call amazon they fix it so I can forgive that part but wow. I mean there was nothing in the story except that they moved on until the very end in the epilogue I was so disappointed with this book. I just felt you didn't put enough time into the story. Next time make me wait I don't care how long I wait I am patient but this story was one of my favorites but it just ended up ...more
Karen Myers
Sep 20, 2014 Karen Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Series Ever

I absolutely loved this series. Dean and Blair are two amazing characters you find there way through many obstacles and each one bringing them closer together until book 4. If you've read 1-3 you know who Katherine "the blonde bitch" is and she is the biggest hurdle yet. Are Dean and Blair strong enough to overcome her? Guess you'll have to read and find out.

This is a fabulous book and I'd love to see where Dean and Blair are years down the road.

Joy Whiteside
Sep 19, 2014 Joy Whiteside rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was an amazing read, that once I started there was no putting it down. I finished it in one sitting. It moved along at a great pace, has amazing characters, that you will fall in love with and need more of, as well as a story that will keep you interested and entertained from the very beginning all the way to the end. This book must be read and you will not be sorry that you did. It is awesome.
Tanya
Sep 19, 2014 Tanya rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS SERIES!!! DEAN IS STILL COCKY....BUT HIS HEART HAS GROWN SO MUCH THROUGHOUT THIS SERIES. BLAIR FINALLY FOUND HER SISTER...ONLY TO DISCOVER SHE ISNT WHO SHE THOUGHT/HOPE SHE'D BE. I LOVE TRENT TOO. I AM SAD TO SEE THIS BOOK END CAUSE I BELIEVE ITS MY FAVORITE FROM JESSICA WOOD SO FAR!!!!
Carolina
Aug 11, 2015 Carolina rated it liked it
Un final inesperado... historia corta dividida en cuatro partes, lectura fresca para pasar un rato...
Arlene
Oct 10, 2014 Arlene rated it liked it
**SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT**
When I started reading this series, I didn't know if I was going to like it or not, I mean I have read better story line and this story plot, I have read to many times..But I gave it a chance because is from one of my favorite authors "Jessica Wood"..This series is about Chase who heart was broken by the woman he loved, "Katherine aka the blonde bitch", she cheated on him with one of his frat brother, because of it, Chase became a man hoe, let me pu
Jill Cameron
Nov 30, 2014 Jill Cameron rated it it was ok
Did the same author write this fourth book as the first three in the series? It felt like someone else wrote this and didn't have the same style and continuity. The grammar and spelling was atrocious in this installment. Seriously - what does this mean: "she was his first love and pattern, ..."? and "... opened the door to the bathroom and saw Dean stumped against the other side of it.", and "I don't know how to reconcile these two faucets of my life." - just a few examples.

For me, once Katherin
Chip
Sep 22, 2014 Chip rated it liked it
I was so looking forward to the conclusion with Dean & Blair due to loving the series, but unfortunately for me I was left feeling slightly disappointed.

Like the rest of the series The Chase 4 is addictive, keeping you gripped. But I felt in this instalment the book ended far too soon when it had the potential to offer so much more.

Personally I would have preferred to have an insight into the three years the book doesn't cover. I wanted to experience the emotional side that would have foll
Larissa
Nov 27, 2014 Larissa rated it it was ok
**Full review can be found here**.

I wasn’t that excited to read this last installment mainly because I was having trouble remembering the plot and all. But after the first paragraph the story came back. On Volume 3, we have learned that the woman Dean once loved, and now hates, it’s Blair’s biological sister. Blair isn’t aware of the twisted plot her sister Katherine has developed to get her ex back. The lies eventually will catch on, the truth will come to everyone’s ears.

The downside of it all
J-J lover of books
Sep 21, 2014 J-J lover of books rated it really liked it
I adored this series. I was so anxious to read the conclusion.

The blonde bitch, aka Katherine, who happens to be Blair's real sister.After a mix up in hospital Katherine and Trent was given to the wrong parents and by the time it was realised the parents had already bonded.

Yet Katherine is up to something, i don't trust her. She can't be trusted. Oh and boy is she up to something.

This book tied up all the loose ends and finally the blonde bitch got what she deserved. I cried and i laughed. I
Lisa Miller
Sep 20, 2014 Lisa Miller rated it it was amazing
Dean was a man-whore for ten years, after his girlfriend had cheated on him with his fraternity brother. Then one night in a grocery store he met his next notch (736), that would be Blair, although she didn't turn out to be just another notch. Blair had some family issues going on as well, she found out that she had a sister instead of a brother, she immediately started searching for her sister. Well it turns out that the sister is sort of connected to her already. I should stop before I give ...more
Karen Myers
Jun 06, 2015 Karen Myers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed-books
I absolutely loved this series. Dean and Blair are two amazing characters who find there way through many obstacles and each one bringing them closer together until book 4. If you've read 1-3 you know who Katherine "the blonde bitch" is and she is the biggest hurdle yet. Are Dean and Blair strong enough to overcome her? Guess you'll have to read and find out.

Thank you Jessica for another amazing book
D.M. Midgley
Jul 30, 2015 D.M. Midgley rated it really liked it
Wow wow this story got a hell of a lot more interesting in this last instalment. I was gasping from the shock of the secrets that were revealed and all the ups and downs that Dean and Blair were having. I have really enjoyed this story in four parts. I really wished is was longer though as I reckon I could have read so much more! Dean and Blair are awesome characters and I have enjoyed read about them.
Sandy Catanzarita
Sep 21, 2014 Sandy Catanzarita rated it it was amazing
This serial was awesome! This writer is great and she knows how to write a story that has you begging for more. In this last volume we get the final answers to all the questions that were planted through volumes 1-3. I wish this last one would have been linger because I am so greedy when it comes to great characters but it does not in anyway take away from the story! I absolutely loved the ending. It was a full circle ending, the best kind.
tyrianpurple
Oct 16, 2014 tyrianpurple rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Fiuhhhh.. i am glad Trent back to his usual self. It would be too much if Blair has both a greedy allegedly brother and a bitch halfsister.

LOL, the book #4 really included some screencap for Dean-Blair iMessage, complete with cute emoticons and all.

The whole ommiting truth really annoys me. When the revelation scene comes out, it is not a direct telling.. arggggh annoys me again. The fact that Bill knew the truth is a bit calming. Not too much and overdramatic.
Rachel
Dec 24, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: own, serial-novellas
Only 61% is actual book.. The rest is just filler and a excerpt from a future release. I can't believe this is how the series ended, I feel like I'm back in high school and I slapped some bull shit together for the last fourth of a paper because I got lazy I no longer had the heart or patience to care enough how I ended it or what it did to my grade.
Sandy
Sep 24, 2014 Sandy rated it did not like it
I have never been more disappointed in a book in my life. For this being the end I expected so much more. Not only did my book get messed up by only giving me 17 pages but I went to B&N and read it online. Now I see why everything was so messed up. I really think Jessica got in way to big a hurry to finish. I'm sorry but I cannot recommend this book.
Lia
Oct 24, 2014 Lia rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, novella, alpha-males
I enjoyed the first 3 books in this series. But this last book was a disappointment. I hated the ending. At the risk of spoiling this for others, I don't want to read about a couple {who have been fighting for their relationship} breaking up in the last chapter of the book and reconnect in the epilogue, three years later. In my mind, that's not the HEA I needed.

A disappointing 2.5 stars.
Bebe465
Nov 17, 2014 Bebe465 rated it really liked it
Well Dean and Blair what a roller coaster. There ups and downs made them the couple they are. Dean being cocky and Blaire being the one to try and always make things right. Their chemistry in fire. Love how all the loose ends were tied together. Love how everything wasn't picture perfect. But love prevails for Dean and Katherine. This was a good read. If you like series this is a good one.
Ginabm
May 31, 2015 Ginabm rated it it was ok
Katty Suero
Nov 30, 2014 Katty Suero rated it it was ok
I enjoyed this series but I was very disappointed with the ending... really 3 years later and they meet again and that's when she decides to take a chance with him....like I said it was a very bad ending...
Paula Vasquez
Mar 03, 2015 Paula Vasquez rated it it was ok
I really like the theme of the book, I just wish that the author was more descriptive with all of her scenes, making the books longer, I feel like I wasted $6.20 on two books that left me with so many unanswered questions. Very disappointed.
Pam Downs
Dec 07, 2014 Pam Downs rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the series but not the ending, there should have at least been a 5 if that's the direction she wanted to take.
WickedMuse
Sep 29, 2014 WickedMuse rated it it was ok
Horrible horrible ending. Did not like it at all! the series was great until the end!! So disappointed
Melissa
Jan 19, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok
is there a valid reason for these books to be separate in 4 volumes? should have been one book. worst series I've read
  • Torn Wings (The Never Dark, #2)
  • In His World (Eternally North, #2)
  • Forgotten Yesterday (These Days, #2)
  • Julian (Beautiful Mine #1)
  • The Rockstar and His Fangirl (How Not to be Seduced by Rockstars)
  • The Consequence of Rejection (Consequence, #4)
  • Sea Wenches: Book 3 (Sea Wenches, #3)
  • A Touch of Spring (Pleasures, #4.5)
  • Never Stopped Loving You (Bella Warren, #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Eve (Maiden Lane, #11.5)
  • Always and Forever (Always, #2)
  • Hashtag Love
  • Trust Me: Matty and Kayla - Book Three (The McDaniels Brothers #6)
  • The Love Thieves (Love Thieves #1)
  • Resist (London #2)
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)
  • The Vampire from Hell Returns (The Vampire from Hell #4)
  • Prelude to a Dream (Nephilim, #0.5)
If you wish to be notified of upcoming book releases and news from Jessica Wood, you can sign up for her mailing list: http://jessicawoodauthor.com/mailing-....

Jessica Wood writes contemporary romance.

While she has lived in countless cities throughout the U.S., her heart belongs to San Francisco. To her, there’s something seductively romantic about the Golden Gate Bridge, the steep rolling hills o
More about Jessica Wood...

The Chase (4 books)
  • The Chase, Volume 1 (The Chase, #1)
  • The Chase, Volume 2 (The Chase, #2)
  • The Chase, Volume 3 (The Chase, #3)