Start by marking “A Seduction in Scarlet (Aphrodite's Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Seduction in Scarlet (Aphrodite's Club, #1)

A Seduction in Scarlet (Aphrodite's Club #1)

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  200 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
One wicked night . . .

Lady Portia Ellerslie, dearest confidante to Queen Victoria and a woman of impeccable breeding, normally wouldn't dream of dallying in Aphrodite's Club, London's most exclusive and erotic bordello. But one lonely night she finds something enticing about the idea of a wild encounter in the notorious hothouse. Donning a daring, dangerously low-cut scarl
Published December 26th 2007 by Avon (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Seduction in Scarlet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Seduction in Scarlet

Kim
Apr 02, 2009 Kim rated it it was ok
I liked the hero and heroine in this, but I never quite managed to understand why the conflict was...well, a conflict.
Angelc
Jun 10, 2009 Angelc rated it liked it
Shelves: already-own-read
This book was pretty good, I liked the hero a lot, but the plot was only ok. Marcus was very sweet and didn't hide the fact that he was in love with Portia, unlike the typical rake found in a lot of historical romances. I found myself skimming a lot of the murder plot portions of the book. I would have liked it if she made more of the fact that she was infatuated with him from afar when they were younger. Overall good read!
Draven
Jul 16, 2013 Draven rated it did not like it
Boring. Oh so boring. For two people having an illicit, scandalous affair, they sure lacked the requisite heat. Codependent and simpering, it had everything I hate in a romance novel, not to mention all the liberties Bennett took with historical fact regarding Queen Victoria. Did not enjoy a single aspect of Portia and Marcus' story. This is a bottom of the sale bin book for me.
Yolanda
Sep 22, 2011 Yolanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2011
What can I say. It's a romance book that starts off in a brothel where the main characters are getting it on. Which basically sets the tone of the book. You can't go wrong with that in my opinion.
Diana
Jul 31, 2010 Diana rated it did not like it
Horrible. Just bad. The plot was thin and overwrought. Skimmed through all of it. I'm surprised I didn't throw this against the wall.
Elisia Crawford
Feb 09, 2015 Elisia Crawford rated it did not like it
This book was such a let down... I disliked so much about this book its hard to know where to start. It was slow, boring, and ultimately I didn't really like either main character. The author tried creating a reason why these 2 couldn't be together that I just couldn't get on board with....
Evelyn Rivera
Sep 11, 2013 Evelyn Rivera rated it liked it
The story line had a slow started for me. The plot was all over the place and there was never a real end with the plot. Portia and Marcus story within the book was okay their story did had a beging and end but ther rest was just to water down for me.
Karine
A easy romance read set in a beautiful location and time in history. The main characters were pleasant, despite everything that was happening to them. Life never seems easy, and matters of the heart always make in more complicated than it really is.
Paula
Sep 25, 2008 Paula rated it it was ok
Recommended to Paula by: Michelle
Shelves: 2008-reads
too damn predictable, that was the problem. All three books followed a similar plot line and convenintly the heros turned out to be titled. Hello, take a leaf from Ms Heyer - a true gentleman is sometimes just that.
Breanne
May 24, 2011 Breanne rated it liked it
No one should be surprised by the cliches and predictable plot. Compared to other books, this should probably be two-stars, but set within the context of romance, it was enjoyable enough.
Serahae
Aug 29, 2013 Serahae rated it did not like it
Ugh. You can play a drinking game with the phrase 'angel in widow's weeds,' and Portia and Marcus...Oy. Finished this one out of spite.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Didn't work for me. I'm not fond of this plot-line but I was willing to give it a try.
Kara
Jan 11, 2013 Kara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novel

Can't believe I'm saying this buuuuuuuut the book needed LESS plot.
Jenny
Feb 06, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
Couldn't get over thinking Marcus was kind of a jerk.
Kassie
Feb 20, 2010 Kassie rated it really liked it
Liked the characters and enjoyed the storyline.
Mary Vilarino
Mar 13, 2012 Mary Vilarino rated it it was ok
Dull, slow going not a book I really enjoyed
Elaine Mcdonald
Nov 09, 2010 Elaine Mcdonald rated it it was ok
Shelves: sara-bennett
Not impressed with this author.
Sec2000
Pamela
Jan 15, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Edd
Edd is currently reading it
May 06, 2016
Sarah Carvalho
Sarah Carvalho rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Ann Marie
Ann Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Micheala
Micheala rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Shirléy Liang
Shirléy Liang rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2016
Randee Manley
Randee Manley rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 14, 2015 12:57PM
  • Marry the Man Today (Gentlemen Rogues, #3)
  • Tempting a Proper Lady (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #1)
  • The Governess Wears Scarlet
  • His Cavalry Lady
  • Seduced by Sin
  • Tempt Me Twice
  • Sin and Scandal in England (Charmed and Dangerous, #2)
  • To Catch A Countess (Douglas Trilogy, #3)
  • Lord of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #2)
  • Stroke of Genius
  • Wicked Fantasy (Paradise, #3)
  • Miracle (Hawthorne, #1)
  • Almost a Bride (Almost, #2)
  • Secrets of a Proper Countess
  • One Moonlit Night
  • Brazen Temptress (Brazen, #3)
  • Believe
  • Lady in Red (Talisman Ring, #5)
194051
Also writing paranormal as Sara Mackenzie, Mills & Boon as Deborah Miles and for a number of Australian publishers as Lilly Sommers.
More about Sara Bennett...

Aphrodite's Club (2 books)
  • Her Secret Lover (Aphrodite's Club, #2)