Start by marking “Oh Joy!: 100 Whimsical Projects to Create and Give Joy” as Want to Read:
Oh Joy!: 100 Whimsical Projects to Create and Give Joy

Oh Joy!: 100 Whimsical Projects to Create and Give Joy

Published April 7th 2015 by William Morrow & Company

To ask other readers questions about Oh Joy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh Joy!

Ginny Beck
Jul 14, 2016 Ginny Beck rated it liked it
I needed a happy little book, and this was it. Truthfully I'm not Pinterest-y enough to do most of the projects in this book, but there are some I wrote down to try! I loved the author's fun approach to creative living and her line "there's almost always an opportunity to add a little whimsy to your life"
Liz Simmons
May 28, 2015 Liz Simmons rated it liked it
I've been reading joy's blog for a long time now and enjoy her craft ideas and hearing about her family and their life in la. This blog to book doesn't translate especially well. There are nice photos but little engaging content in my opinion.
Erin
May 23, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
This book is full of cute and whimsical ideas for your home. Most of them are not really my style, but it is still a beautiful book to look through and enjoy.
Rebekah
Nov 01, 2016 Rebekah rated it liked it
Really whimsical and love the colour in this book!
Michelle
Jul 21, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it
Cute book and very colorful and whimsical, if you are into that kind of thing. Love her blog, just didn't translate well into a book. Directions were kind of sparse on each of the projects, so it's likely that more inexperienced crafters will have trouble (Pinterest Fail). I checked this book out for one particular project, but the directions didn't really make how to do the project any more clear. Many of the crafts are pretty cheesy and basic; not really any groundbreaking methods or ideas ...more
Lori W
May 04, 2015 Lori W rated it really liked it
I really liked the whimsy and creativity of this book, but I felt it was a little skimpy on content. A large chunk of the book is used for templates -- you're supposed to run copies of the printed art/stencils/etc. Besides the fact that copies of color images aren't very nice, you want me to run copies of a thick, hard-bound book? Just give me a permalink, please. But, if you take out the templates, et al, the book is nearly half as thick. I really like the content; it's adorable, fun and full ...more
Heather Brown
Jul 11, 2015 Heather Brown rated it liked it
Oh Joy! looks so cute and pretty, but it could have been better on the inside. I really like some of the ideas - candy cords, blooming background, pop up wrap, and party puffs - but others were either too boring/obvious or too hard to figure out. I liked the idea of the ombre cake, but it took me 3 passes to figure out that you were supposed to use freeze-dried fruit because it only says it in the bottom corner in tiny white letters on a grey background, NOT in the actual directions. I am hoping ...more
Mar 04, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
"Whimsical" is right...cute and fun but very, very light. Very SoCal really. A couple of sweet ideas for my three year old that I may use for his next birthday, but the whole book comes off as much more tween-y than grown adult. Cheerful though...
Chrislin
Jun 12, 2015 Chrislin rated it liked it
cute ideas for projects with the alpha -bit. I had no idea contact paper came in gold. I do not get why any one would want to make confetti out of veggies. Eclectic book.
Susan
May 18, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, crafty
It is pretty to look at, but light on actual content. I like the idea of veggie confetti and am interested in someday making my own neon sign, but that's about it.
Yiling
Jun 14, 2015 Yiling rated it really liked it
A riot of colours! There were a few ideas I think I would try, like fruit and hanger notes and cookie wraps.
Alys
Aug 15, 2015 Alys rated it really liked it
This book is so lovely to look at (like Joy's blog) and certainly inspired me to get more whimsy into my life
Kristl
Kristl rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
KT
KT rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Melissa Schmidty -Schmidt
Melissa Schmidty -Schmidt rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Serena
Serena rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Erin Prins
Erin Prins rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2015
Kenya
Kenya rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Redgie
Redgie rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Heather Hay
Heather Hay rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2015
Elizabeth DiTullio
Elizabeth DiTullio rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2015
Sheri
Sheri rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2016
Priscilla
Priscilla rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Katy
May 04, 2015 Katy rated it it was ok
Honestly, most of these projects seem kind of junky to me. But the photography is great!
Daisy
Daisy rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2015
Kathryn Sanborn
Kathryn Sanborn rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015