Happier Than God (HB): Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

Happier Than God (HB): Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  383 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Happier Than God This is the freshest and most timely book in years to come from New York Times best-selling author Neale Donald Walsch. This is Walsch at his best, giving his particular spin on how a new understanding of God can changes lives and change the world. Walsch explains what few contemporary messengers of positive thinking and law of attraction writers have spel...more
Published April 21st 2008 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published February 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Happier Than God (HB), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happier Than God (HB)

Tami
Since The Secret aired on Oprah, there’s been a lot of talk about manifesting. Some people swear by it but others say it’s nothing more than positive thinking. Still others think the law of attraction encourages people to be even more materialist and greedy than they already are. The one question no one really wants to ask aloud is “where is God in all this?”

Happier Than God answers that question. Manifesting really isn’t about getting a brand new car or finding the perfect mate. It’s about crea...more
Elizabeth Credno
I suggest reading CWG books 1,2 & 3 before reading this unless you are not new to alternative/spiritual thinking. I applaud NDW for his strength in speaking his truth even though it was clear that he knew his opinions wouldn't be widely accepted. Bravo to Neale!
Kathy Condon
This is a book that you can pick up and put down for each chapter is complete in itself. A friend had recommended it to me and I was not disappointed.

Neale Walsch takes us beyond the Law of Attraction or the Secret. While he agrees with them, he feels that we have not been told the whole story. This book points out why our thoughts and words are crucial to getting what we want in our lives.

Now that I have read it clear through, I frequently just pick it up and read the chapter that I happen to...more
Kara Lane
I have to say, the title of this book, "Happier than God," kind of threw me at first. But it was written by Neale Donald Walsch, and I really liked his Conversations with God books, so I thought I'd give the book a chance. I'm glad I did!

The points he makes are very good. He notes that what is missing from all the talk about the Law of Attraction (due to the success of The Secret) is God. He explains that some people have misinterpreted the Law to mean you should put all your faith in yourself -...more
Anni
Basically, this is a book explaining self creation. Giving all the information and correcting the misunderstandings people have about self creation. It also gives you 17 simple steps on how to be happier than God; smile, sing, have preferences instead of needs, don't judge yourself or others, don't live in the past and so on.
The book takes quite a lot of time beforing 'getting down to the point' (i.e. how to be happier than God), which at first I found annoying, but I see the sense in this. Fir...more
Susan
I'm not a huge NDWalsch fan but Steve got this from the Library so there it was. The title made me curious. Some may think the title is a bit cockey but from his perspective we all have that of God in us and we can increase our happiness anytime. I don't love his writing style quite honestly yet I liked some of what he said in this book. For example the idea of anytime we desire, wish or pray for something-to do it for others and ourselves...not just ourselves. His 'new age' perspective challeng...more
The title is a bit unfortunate, though the author explains himself. It has a lot of padding and I didn't always like the style, but the fact is that I found it helpful. I've been working on parts of his concepts for a while and liked some of the connections he made. A worthy read. I hadn't read any of his previous works, but had no trouble understanding him.
Greg Hurd
This book, by the author of Conversations with God, has a lot of great insights and quality to it but it gets bogged down when he seems to just be writing whatever comes out of his head.
Dulcinea Contreras
"Anything is possible! Neale's book offers humans the grounded tool sets, including seventeen steps to optimize happiness, to utilize their inherently divine manifestation abilities, thereby producing fulfillment, joy, and a life that is, "Happier Than God," while on earth. How valuable!"
Joella
finally a book that states how God really is and now how the word has been misused by religion throughout history and still widley today! like the book states, i attracted it in some way and it arrived in my life at the right time, thank you Neale for writing such an amazing book!
Jahnene
A fantastic explanation of the spirituality behind the LOA and the evolution of humanity that we are currently witnessing. Beautifully written, clear, and thorough - by far one of the most powerful and enjoyable books I've ever read.
Nate
Jun 20, 2008 Nate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the world. for sure.
Recommended to Nate by: Neale Donald Walsch (fo seriously)
Pretty much "all the gems" from all the conversation books plus some new perspectives. Neale sounds like he's been taking the advice given to him in his previous writings. Now he shares the fruits of his experience.
Zoe
I'll absorb any and every Law of Attraction text I can get my hands on, and I'm particularly partial to any NDW book, i.e. one based on the CWG messages, so this one was a no-brainer. Bought it for repeated reference.
Ella Roberts
A friend turned up in my life reading this book, and the joy I saw on her face when she talked about it made me think "I want some of that!!!", so I went out and bought it and I absolutely loved it!
Marjorie
I enjoyed this book a lot, it gave some great techniques, and tips. I think it answered some basic questions that many of us have. And it gave me some tips to use in my work. I would recommend it.
Caroline Collins
One of the best of the Conversations with God series.
Deb
God is not a separate entity, but, rather, within us. As a result, "We" create our reality, and, therefore, can choose to create a positive, happy, "One With God" existence.
Antoinette Marion
Walsh has a unique way of relaying what was conveyed to him about our state of "happiness." Most of what he says makes total sense. Uplifting, interesting and helpful.
Carrol Bailey
I am enjoying this book. The author is one of the people from The Secret. I am having a hard time grasping the some of the thoughts behing the theory.
Neha
Explains what The Secret (by Rhonda Byne) left out and explains the Law of Attraction in detail.
Andrea Lewis
A good read, very insightful. The chapters were short. His writing style mainly conversational.
Betty
One of the best books I ever read in explaining the Law of Attraction. Gave me some Aha moments.
Marlene Schmelter
Loved it, Loved it! Another mind and eye-opening experience.
Edward
Jul 15, 2012 Edward is currently reading it
Lees de nederlandse vertaling 'Gelukkiger dan God'.
Fuschia
Oct 13, 2010 Fuschia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Fuschia by: Liz
Just the mini refresher course I needed. Thanks, Lizzie :)
Flagirl67
Mar 20, 2008 Flagirl67 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: everyone
good book if your on the path to enlightenment
Corky
Terrific little book...I loved it
Raven
Mar 22, 2009 Raven added it
Read one book this year, make this it.
Excellent. Simple. Great reminders.
Nancy
Life changing a MUST read!
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
  • Angel Numbers
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • The Mystical Life of Jesus: An Uncommon Perspective on the Life of Christ
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms
  • Awareness
  • Sara, Book 1: The Foreverness of Friends of a Feather
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • Illuminata: A Return to Prayer
  • The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse
  • Everything Happens for a Reason: Finding the True Meaning of the Events in Our Lives
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated int...more
More about Neale Donald Walsch...
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Vol. 1 Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Vol. 2 Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Vol. 3 The Complete Conversations with God Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue