Start by marking “Memory of a Murder” as Want to Read:
Memory of a Murder

Memory of a Murder

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Adam Kingston, a widowed former FBI agent, is drawn into using his paranormal gifts to unravel the mystery of a sixteen-year-old murder. When a rash of new killings erupts, he must call upon all his resources to keep those around him as well as himself alive. Past and present collide even more when he is forced to collaborate with homicide detective Brenda McCort. His attr ...more
Published July 28th 2005 by Quiet Storm Books

To ask other readers questions about Memory of a Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memory of a Murder

CGregory
Great book and that's my honest opinion. I'm only giving it four stars though because I think it may have been too good. Does that make sense? Hm, it probably does to most of you. Anyway, the characters didn't get on my nerves and it would seem that it ended pretty much the way I would have ended it. Common, happily, the good guys on top with just enough "issue" to make it seem as if it could have ended up worse; even though you knew it wouldn't.

This is the kind of story that was easy to read, a
Theresa de Valence
MEMORY OF A MURDER by Earl Staggs is a tale told by a gentleman, a fine upstanding gentleman, one you’d like to have for a next-door neighbour. Adam Kingston, the protagonist, is a mere 44 years of age but he feels like he comes from an older time where grace prevailed and everyday cussing was a gentle banter between friends.

Curiously Adam is now an itinerant psychic consultant, formerly FBI. Not to worry, woo-woo plays a low key element in the story. Although Adam works alongside law enforcemen
Marja McGraw
Memory of a Murder by Earl Staggs held my interest from beginning to end and kept me turning the pages.

Adam Kingston, a former FBI profiler, has developed psychic powers, and it seems he wishes he could turn them off. When he’s approached by a homeless man who thinks he might have committed a murder some years back, all bets are off whether Kingston likes it or not. The homeless man has amnesia, which adds an interesting element to the story.

In the meantime someone is picking people off like fli
Jacqueline Seewald
Adam Kingston, a former FBI profiler who developed psychic powers after a near fatal accident, often helps the police solve crimes. When a homeless amnesiac, Chip Weathers, comes to Adam for help, fearing he might have murdered a woman in the past, Adam begins an investigation. But someone is soon trying to kill them. Adam joins forces with police detectives to solve past murders and possible future ones. The novel is extremely well-written, the pacing fast. It’s a mystery thriller you won’t wan ...more
Jakenv
Took me by surprise how much I enjoyed this book. Not usually into psychic thrillers this one kept me on edge for hours. Characters are well developed with a story line filled with intrigue. This one is on my read again list to catch those moments of pleasurable reading.
Patty
This was a good book with just enough "woo woo" to keep it interesting but not so much that you felt the mystery couldn't be solved without it. I'll be looking for more books by this author.
NVTony
Now here was a book which really kept me going. Author knows how to build characters and story worth your time. Clever use of some standard plots with a new twist.
Dail
Dail marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Reta Hampton
Reta Hampton marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
A
A added it
Aug 08, 2012
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
May 01, 2011
Kaye
Kaye added it
Apr 02, 2009
Derringer Award winning author Earl Staggs has seen many of his short stories published in magazines and anthologies. He served as Managing Editor of Futures Mystery Magazine and as President of the Short Mystery Fiction Society. His novel Memory of a Murder earned thirteen Five Star reviews online at Amazon and B&N. His column “Write Tight” appears in Apollo’s Lyre and he is a contributing me ...more
More about Earl Staggs...
Short Stories of Earl Staggs The Missing Sniper Justified Action The Unused Prom Dress Where Billy Died