Start by marking “Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)

Read Excerpt

Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch #3.5)

Previously released as part of the Stranded with a Hero anthology. Now available individually!

The power might be out…but the heat is on.

Every year, free-spirited Frankie Sylva banishes her holiday loneliness with good deeds. This time, she's rescuing a truckload of neglected reindeer—until a blizzard sidetracks her scheme, and now she's stuck…literally.

Local sheriff Red
Published July 28th 2014 by Entangled: Bliss (first published November 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Saving the Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving the Sheriff

Mischief Under the Mistletoe by Kristin MillerMistletoe Magic by Melissa McCloneAll Is Calm / All Is Bright by Colleen CobleTwelve Nights by Sharon StruthHome For Christmas by Melissa McClone
Christmas and Winter Novellas
36th out of 342 books — 566 voters
Mother Teresa's Advice for Jilted Lovers by Donna BarkerCaribou Crossing by Susan  FoxSmall Town Secrets by Roxanne SnopekKing of Rain by Michele FogalThe Millionaire Daddy Project by Roxanne Snopek
RWA GVC Authors
22nd out of 65 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Roxanne Snopek
Sep 25, 2015 Roxanne Snopek rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Loved it because I got to riff on old favorite Christmas carols. That was so much fun! (Also, I have to love it, cuz I wrote it. Right?)
*P
Jul 30, 2014 *P rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
3.5 Star Review
This is a novella about Red the sheriff in town and Frankie. Both are alone on Christmas and Frankie's caring but possibly illegal behavior and a blizzard put her on Red's radar. Red dealing with his first Christmas since his divorce is helping Rory and Carson out by helping at Three Rivers Ranch while they are off in Hawaii.

I found that the story moves really quickly between Red and Frankie. It is hard to tell why the two like each other beyond physical attraction. I find that I
namericanwordcat
I wanted to read this book because of the heroine. Who wouldn't like someone who rescued animals? I won't turned down a cabin romance with a hunky sheriff either.

The problem is I got a lot of telling instead of showing in this book and much of the telling was redundant.

This line of books (Entangled Bliss) is low on steam and I am good with that. However, the books have a tendency to be low on passion and emotion between the leads as well. We spend a great deal of time in each characters heads
Carol-Ann
Aug 02, 2014 Carol-Ann rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book and author you will never be disappointed in a book by Roxanne, Loved the humour and the story,Love all the character's in Three River Ranch books,Women who are very feisty and strong character's leaving the men rattled and don't stand a chance,Great chemistry with each character and love the story about each one has they unfold,Book and series not to be missed by this lovely author,
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of Saving the Sheriff from Entangled: Bliss via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Cute, funny and filled with lots of snow but still some hotness, Saving the Sheriff is a great Christmas novella.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Erinne
Jul 25, 2014 Erinne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I really enjoyed this novel. It was fun, light and entertaining the entire way through. It was wrapped up nicely at the end, and even though I hadn't read any other novels in the series it didn't make me feel I had missed anything. Would highly recommend it.
Katie_la_geek

Review and rating to come.
Home. Love. Books.
Nov 10, 2014 Home. Love. Books. rated it really liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

This book was super adorable and awesome. I love me some Christmas tales, and I really like books where two people end up stuck together for an extended period of time by themselves, it makes for the perfect recipe for romance. Plus the heroine in this book is kind of an animal crusader, and I love it.

So Frankie found out from some animal activist groups about this guy who basically help like a roadside zoo over C
Pat
Jul 29, 2014 Pat rated it it was amazing

Frankie Sylva, teacher, volunteer, animal lover, Christmas Elf, is in a rescue attempt way out her comfort zone. It started simply enough, but karma and the weather have done her in. She is stuck in a freezing snow storm, her vehicle is off the road and she's in a flimsy elf costume! Plus, it's Christmas Eve!

Sheriff Red LeClair is spending the Christmas holidays at his friends Carson and Rory Granger's property, Three River Ranch. He is feeding the livestock and horses while they are in Hawaii.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

Francesca “Frankie” Sylva is a traveling teacher and overall protector of the underdog. Rudolph “Red” LeClair is the sheriff of Lutherton, Montana. A criminal act done for a good reason and a blizzard combine to make this a Christmas Frankie and Red will cherish forever.

Frankie and Red are a couple you will root for and fall in love with. Frankie is a loner who has yet to set down roots and thinks she pretty much has her life figured out. Red is de
Rhianna
Aug 05, 2014 Rhianna rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Tryst with a Sweet Twist

When well-meaning substitute teacher, Frankie Sylva, finds herself stranded on a cold, snowy Montana night her less-than-legal mission lands her on the wrong side of the law. Sheriff Red LeClair is watching over Three River Ranch while the owners are away for a Christmas in warmer climes so he takes it seriously when he finds an elf-costume clad woman with a horse trailer in the ditch. With the power out and the temps low the pair spend what would have been a
Kelly
Jul 27, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, roxanne-snopek
Isn’t the cover just the cutest ever??

If you are looking for a cute, short, Christmas story this is it. If you like humor, you got that too! If you like insecurities, getting rid of bitterness, Les Mes, costumes, trying to do the right thing, red caribous that might make you think of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, singing and making up words to songs, having a cause, meddling housekeepers and neighbors that crack you up, or if you need a little pick me up of holiday happiness, and of course fin
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for an honest review**

This is a fun, sweet and flirty holiday romance that you can't help but breeze through the pages.

Frankie is a very loveable character who is just trying to save some animals from cruelty when she gets stuck in the snow. She is a drifting teacher who has a love of animals and has no-one close to call a friend or a family member to be with for the Christmas holidays.

Sherriff Red LeClair is a lonely divorcee who is spe
Linda
Jul 28, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
“Once in rur-al Flathead coun-ty
Stood a cru-wel Christmas scene
Dumped for slaugh-ter were the rein-deer
When an elf did intervene.”

SAVING THE SHERIFF by Roxanne Snopek was, without a doubt, the sweetest contemporary Christmas romance I've ever read. It was previously released as part of the Stranded with a Hero anthology; It is being released individually now as novella 3.5 in the series. There are interconnected characters, but this tale can easily be read as a standalone; It does not need to be
Danielle Urban
Oct 01, 2014 Danielle Urban rated it it was amazing
Saving the Sheriff is a delightful and interesting romance. I enjoyed reading this story. The sheriff finds a young woman outside in the blizzard trying to get her car unstuck. The woman was trespassing trying to find something to get her vehicle unstuck when a sheriff comes to her aide. He thinks she is a felon and treats her like one. She knows she was trespassing but for good reasons. The sheriff takes her back to where he was staying when the power goes out. He has animals to feed and now he ...more
Anima
Aug 04, 2014 Anima rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-romance
I received a copy from Netgalley for an honest review. Sheriff Red and teacher Frankie saved each other just in time for Christmas. As she was trying to do right by some "reindeer" she got the truck stuck. Red, helping the property owners with their animals, came out to help. While stranded in a snow storm the two become close. The chemistry between them is wonderful, she's strong and funny while he' s protective and lonely. Quick read and very enjoyable, no stressful situations just two adults ...more
Mayra Statham
Jul 22, 2014 Mayra Statham rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Saving the Sheriff by Roxanne Snopek! It was a sweet story about two people who on the surface couldn't be more different, but at the heart of things have a great amount of things in common.
Red is a sheriff who is a little bitter and very straight laced. He is a divorcee going through his first Christmas alone after his marriage ending. Frankie is a little bit of a free spirit who gets herself into a little trouble.

The chemistry between them is electric, the thoughts that run
Gwen
Jul 29, 2014 Gwen rated it it was amazing
Frankie is trying to rescue what she thinks are reindeer and the hero, Red, is the local sheriff, who catches her at his friend's mustang sanctuary, stuck in the snow. What results is a fun and cute read about two characters with real situations at Christmas. There is nothing sweeter than being snowbound in a cabin during the holidays and making up lyrics to Christmas tunes. What a wonderful read!
Peni
Mar 24, 2016 Peni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Excellent story. This is a novella for the Three River Ranch series and fit in as 3.5. As I have been reading the series (recommended but not necessary) I have come to feel more of a vested interest in the protection of the wildlife around us. I love it when I am able to learn something while I enjoy a good story. WTG Ms. Snopek.

I highly recommend this sweet love story both set alone and the series as a whole.
Cheryl L Rybolt
Sep 02, 2015 Cheryl L Rybolt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sheriff's Rescue

Cute story, I gave 5 stars for the creative content. The Sheriff is a lonely man, especially at Christmas. Frankie is trying to rescue some would be reindeer from a man who was a bit on the shady side, and had planned to send them to the slaughter house. Red, the sheriff, believes she is a thief, but is also attracted to her. Next comes the blizzard, and they are snowed in, and lose power. Then things take a different turn. Very good read.
Angie
Nov 10, 2015 Angie rated it really liked it
This was a good story! Frankie is saving what she thinks are reindeer from being slaughtered and gets stuck. The Sheriff Red LeClair sees her stuck in her vehicle and they have to take shelter before the blizzard gets really out of control. Being stuck together these two learn a lot about each other and themselves. When the storm blizzard lets up and they are able to get plowed out they realize that they don't want to part. Good ending to this story and am enjoying the series!
Jessica Figueroa
Jul 20, 2014 Jessica Figueroa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgally
Short, sweet and romantic are the words I would choose for this book. The characters were interesting and I enjoyed the connection between the two. I liked that even if at times this book seems predictable this book did have points were it can stand out and be unique to others that seem just like it. For those of you looking for a short escape from this summer heat read this little wintry book.
Bette Hansen
Jul 28, 2014 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
Roxanne Snopek has us returning to Three River Ranch were and Elf named Frankie is setting 5 rescued reindeer free. HUH?? Sheriff Red Le Clair is handling the holidays just fine all alone thank you very much then he finds himself stuck in a blizzard with Frankie the elf. HUH?? Who is cute, fun and just a little too tempting...oh and a felon. I recommend this one!
Mariel Hoss
Aug 13, 2014 Mariel Hoss rated it really liked it
*ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Cute! Cuddly! Christmassy! A fun and quick novella about a do-gooder caught RED handed (pun intended) trying to "borrow" mistreated "reindeer". Throw in a snowstorm and a hunky lawman. Enough heat to stave off the cold! A recommend...especially for those times when the snow is a-falling outside with a vengance!
Carrie
Read as part of the Stranded with a Hero anthology, but liked enough to review separately. Warm and funny Christmas novella.
Shari
Jul 28, 2014 Shari rated it it was amazing
Who can resist a return visit to Three River Ranch. The story of Frankie, a traveling teacher and Rudolph "Red" the sheriff. A blizzard strands Frankie on the ranch. Things heat up when the they loose electricity. Another HEA book written by Roxanne. So happy to catch up with some of previous characters from Three River Ranch.
Jessica Alcazar
Aug 13, 2014 Jessica Alcazar rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley & Entangled Publishing, LLC for the opportunity to read this novella in exchange for an honest review!
In very short, it was EXCELLENT! I look forward to catching up with the rest of this series now!
It was a fun loving and sweet romance written very well! I'm looking forward to reading more of the Three River Ranch very soon!
Samantha
I thought this book was entertaining and light to read. From the rescue of reindeer to the massive storm being trapped in with the Sheriff. It was a good read. I will have to read the rest of the series now to catch up on the other's in the books.
Jessica
Jul 21, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
This was an adorable Christmas story. It was a true character story, developing character rather than spending excessive time in the physical aspects of the relationship. A light-hearted read to make you feel the romance again!
Cici
Sep 27, 2014 Cici rated it liked it
This is another cute fun and flirty novella. The predicament is unique and Christmas themed. The chemistry is good. A little bit steamy in longing. Behind closed doors.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Love Bites (Sugar City #1)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • The Bouquet List
  • The Doctor's Fake Fiancée (Red River, #3)
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
  • Hometown Love: A Bliss Bundle
  • Keeping Mr. Right Now (Kisses in the Sand, #1)
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Christmas at Evergreen Inn (Jewell Cove, #3.5)
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Playing the Maestro
aka Roxanne Willems-Snopek.

Before she was a novelist, Roxanne was an aerobics instructor (fired for insufficient coordination), a cosmetics salesperson (lacked that go-for-the-throat sales attitude), a dog-trainer (they all died*), a tax consultant with H&R Block (yeah, that was before Quicken and TurboTax), taught dog and cat breed names (she's a font of useless information) and even wrote co
More about Roxanne Snopek...

Three River Ranch (6 books)
  • Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch, #1)
  • His Reluctant Rancher (Three River Ranch, #2)
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)

“You're pretty low maintenance, as women go."
"I am, am I?" She sounded amused.
"Yeah. Like a cactus.”
3 likes
“Consider me your rescuer, not your jailer," he said to Frankie, without looking at her. His gut told him that, on the criminal mastermind scale, this one landed closer to Tinker Bell than Lizzie Borden.” 2 likes