Start by marking “Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)

Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds #3)

Mystery and fantasy writer, collector of crystals and believer in magic, Sophie Alexander can't resist the lure of trying to find the legendary Chalice of Enos. She feels compelled to hunt for the Dragon's Cup even though the mysterious and dangerous Severn Damek is after it too. Little does she know she's on a collision course with a supernatural being straight from one o ...more
Trade Paperback, 265 pages
Published November 2nd 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published April 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sophie's Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sophie's Dragon

Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 13, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
This review is from the e-version of the book. My paperback is on order now...

This is book #3 of the Supernatural Bonds series by Jory Strong and pick up where book #2 left off. I should add that each book is a whole and complete story in and of itself. However, each book builds on the previous stories.

Sophie is a fanciful writer. She loves to write stories that include paranormal/mythical elements because she learned early on that life can be very ugly and very unfair. She's seen her friends fi
Rachel Thompson
Dec 11, 2008 Rachel Thompson rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Sophie is a mystery and fantasy writer who finds inspiration all around her. Now she's trying to find the legendary Chalice of Enos, thinking the search for it will make a good story. But the dangerous Severn Damek seeks it too, for far different reasons. A wealthy, reclusive billionare, no humans know Severn's secret--that he's a dragon prince. The fertility of his race is tied up in the magic of the cup. It's a priceless treasure, but after he meets Sophie, no treasure can compare to her. He i ...more
Amber
Jun 23, 2014 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay... I thought this book was going to be good. I really like the author and her books are normally great. This book however was just plain weird. I love some smut just like the next girl but the continuous use of the word C... Was a little overkill. To me the word is just plain dirty and not sexy dirty at all. Then at the end of the book... The H turns into a dragon and pleasures his mate. Yuck! Not sexy at all... Ewww.
Niobe
Mar 17, 2013 Niobe rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, books
I give up.
There is no way I'm going to make it to part 8 of this series. The author and I aren't feeling each other at all.

I'm sure she feels that c*nt is a sexy naughty dirty word but to me it's a slur and it breaks my immersion when read it.

I feel that not bothering with safe sex when you're about to get dirty with someone you just met that day isn't passionate, it's reckless and stupid.

I feel that drugging a woman during sex (without her knowledge or consent) and bringing her unconscious bo
Yona
Aug 22, 2013 Yona rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, shifters
Hmm where do I start - I tried to find some pictures of Severn and Sophie, but with their long red hair and tattoos there wasn't anything suitable.

So this was my first book with a dragon shifter. The dragons here are very possessive, they adore treasures and like to have lots of them in the lairs, and they can even pleasure a woman in their dragon form ;d

Severn is a dragon prince, used to getting what he wants all the time. He wants a human mate, because he think they are very submissive, but
Heather
Sophie's Dragon is the third of Jory Strong's Supernatural Bonds series. As this was my first foray in to this author's work I hadn't read the series' first two books. This did't really seem to matter. While there were times that I could see the allusions to the previous books, and I assume the chalice plays a part in both of them, I didn't feel as though I were missing anything major by having read this story first.

I feel slightly torn about giving this book three stars as I really enjoyed the
Gail
Mar 24, 2008 Gail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Mystery and fantasy writer, collector of crystals and believer in magic, Sophie Alexander wants to find the legendary Chalice of Enos. She’s going to write a story on it whether or not she finds the Dragon's Cup. Little does she know the supernatural beings she writes about are real and one in particular has her in her sights.

Dragon prince, Severn Damek is known for getting what he wants and he wants the Dragon’s Cup. The fertility of his race is tied to the Chalice of Enos and he's determined t
Cindy
Jan 16, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: keepers
The supernatural races that haunt our fairy tales have all fled, leaving this plane to the mortals... or maybe not. The 'significant others' are all homicide cops who do not believe [and in some cases hate:] anything purporting to be supernatural. All that woo-woo stuff - either crazy or con games - right? Not only do these poor mortals fight the usual fight against love and commitment - they fight being forced to believe...

As with most series, they unfold better being read in order - but can be
Debbie
Mar 22, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Sophie Alexander, friend of Aislinn and Storms cousin,writer of fantasy and crime and part time snoop. Now that the murders have been solved Sophie wants to find the Chalice of Enos also know as the Dragons Cup.
Severn Damek reclusive billionaire, who just happens to be a dragon prince, is also after the chalice. It is said the chalice can help his people with their fertility problems.
When he goes into Aislinn's store to see if she can make a charm to help find the chalice he runs into Sophie who
Ana
Oct 14, 2013 Ana rated it it was ok
Shelves: free-ebooks
Katherine O'Grady
Jun 04, 2012 Katherine O'Grady rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I am really enjoying this series by Ms. Strong. I read the first as a freebie and have since bought the rest, one by one.

Sophie's Dragon was hot, hot, hot. Her Dragon, Severn, is a definite Alphahole, but it is tempered by his clear love and tenderness for Sophie. The on going mystery arc continues in this book with some interesting developments. The appearances of previous characters are well done, too.

I love me some hot sexy scenes (and there were many), but I have to say I wish Ms. Strong use
Book Binge
I read the first book in this series and as really interested in reading the rest, but for some reason I jut couldn't get into this book. I would say I got about 60% through the book before I had to stop. It was taking me days instead of hours to read this book. It just felt like it was dragging on and on. I did like the parts of the book that I read I just wish I could have remained interested throughout the entire story.
Emily
Jun 06, 2008 Emily rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This book seemed to be based on sex mostly. The guy didn't care what was going on with her or care what she had to say. The female was against being controled in any way but allowed him to do it sexually. That was really confusing about her personality as a character. There also seem to be to many numberous factors that should have been included in their search for the cup that weren't considered by the characters.
Steff
May 29, 2013 Steff rated it did not like it
Shelves: pr
Didn't like it. It was horribly put together. I hated the fact Sophie was just being led around by her sexual desire. It was like she was a brainless female.

I love possessiveness in most male leads but Severn ruined the effect it was supposed to have. He was just horrible and dominant, wanting a woman that would follow everything he was saying
TravelingGal
Apr 29, 2012 TravelingGal rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book more and there were some parts I really enjoyed; however, way too much of the focus was on the characters' physical reactions to each other. I enjoy erotic romance as much as the next person but I really don't want to read constant repetitive references to how "moist" the heroine is every time the hero touches her - which is about every other paragraph.
Daune Mc
Feb 19, 2012 Daune Mc rated it really liked it
I enjoyed learning how Shophie Alexander a writer & Severn Damek a dragon form their heartmate bond.Even though Sophie doesn't know about super natural beings. They are trying to find the Chalice of Enos are Dragon's Cup.
Twilla
Jul 04, 2012 Twilla rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. This is a smoking hot book full of big time dominate dragon men. I very much recommend this book.
Aurora B
Aurora B rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Pado
Pado rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Mariah
Mariah rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2011
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Gagan Dhillon
Gagan Dhillon rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2013
RebeccaL
RebeccaL rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Readsalot
Readsalot rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Dianna Mayes
Dianna Mayes rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Conove97
Conove97 rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2013
Sandi
Sandi rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Laura Mccanna
Laura Mccanna rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Bound by Desire (Wonderland, #3)
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Stop Dragon My Heart Around, #1-2)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • Jerred's Price (Saurellian Federation, #3)
  • Knight Stalker
  • Firebreather (Firebreather #1)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
Jory has been writing since childhood and has never outgrown being a daydreamer. When she's not hunched over her computer, lost in the muse and conjuring up new heroes and heroines, she can usually be found reading, riding her horses, or hiking with her dogs.
More about Jory Strong...

Supernatural Bonds (10 books)
  • Trace's Psychic (Supernatural Bonds, #1)
  • Storm's Faeries (Supernatural Bonds, #2)
  • Drui Claiming (Supernatural Bonds, #4)
  • Dragon Mate (Supernatural Bonds, #5)
  • Conner's Wolf (Supernatural Bonds, #6)
  • Demon Familiar (Supernatural Bonds, #7)
  • Dragon Games (Supernatural Bonds, #8)
  • Dragon Master (Supernatural Bonds, #9)
  • Dylan's Witch (Supernatural Bonds, #10)