Start by marking “Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)

Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  668 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Mystery and fantasy writer, collector of crystals and believer in magic, Sophie Alexander can't resist the lure of trying to find the legendary Chalice of Enos. She feels compelled to hunt for the Dragon's Cup even though the mysterious and dangerous Severn Damek is after it too. Little does she know she's on a collision course with a supernatural being straight from one o ...more
Trade Paperback, 265 pages
Published November 2nd 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published April 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sophie's Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sophie's Dragon

Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenLast Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Dragon Shifters
112th out of 268 books — 638 voters
Wicked Ties by Shayla BlackDaddy's Game by Normandie AllemanDecadent by Shayla BlackHotwired by Anita PhilmarUnder By Duress by Kayla Stonor
Hot Erotic Romances
233rd out of 540 books — 530 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
This review is from the e-version of the book. My paperback is on order now...

This is book #3 of the Supernatural Bonds series by Jory Strong and pick up where book #2 left off. I should add that each book is a whole and complete story in and of itself. However, each book builds on the previous stories.

Sophie is a fanciful writer. She loves to write stories that include paranormal/mythical elements because she learned early on that life can be very ugly and very unfair. She's seen her friends fi
Rachel Thompson
Sophie is a mystery and fantasy writer who finds inspiration all around her. Now she's trying to find the legendary Chalice of Enos, thinking the search for it will make a good story. But the dangerous Severn Damek seeks it too, for far different reasons. A wealthy, reclusive billionare, no humans know Severn's secret--that he's a dragon prince. The fertility of his race is tied up in the magic of the cup. It's a priceless treasure, but after he meets Sophie, no treasure can compare to her. He i ...more
Kaleigha
Well. Um, yeah. This one is a bit on the tricky side to review, basically because the plot is not the main item here. Even for an Ellora's Cave book, this puppy was heavy on the sex. Like every few pages heavy. Basically, a wealthy and powerful Dragon in human form is looking for the Dragon's cup, which controls the fertility of his race. On his quest, he finds his heartmate, in the form of a fantasy/mystery writer also looking for said cup, hoping to turn it in for the insurance reward. Turns o ...more
Yona
Hmm where do I start - I tried to find some pictures of Severn and Sophie, but with their long red hair and tattoos there wasn't anything suitable.

So this was my first book with a dragon shifter. The dragons here are very possessive, they adore treasures and like to have lots of them in the lairs, and they can even pleasure a woman in their dragon form ;d

Severn is a dragon prince, used to getting what he wants all the time. He wants a human mate, because he think they are very submissive, but
Debbie
Sophie Alexander, friend of Aislinn and Storms cousin,writer of fantasy and crime and part time snoop. Now that the murders have been solved Sophie wants to find the Chalice of Enos also know as the Dragons Cup.
Severn Damek reclusive billionaire, who just happens to be a dragon prince, is also after the chalice. It is said the chalice can help his people with their fertility problems.
When he goes into Aislinn's store to see if she can make a charm to help find the chalice he runs into Sophie who
Amber
Okay... I thought this book was going to be good. I really like the author and her books are normally great. This book however was just plain weird. I love some smut just like the next girl but the continuous use of the word C... Was a little overkill. To me the word is just plain dirty and not sexy dirty at all. Then at the end of the book... The H turns into a dragon and pleasures his mate. Yuck! Not sexy at all... Ewww.
Cindy
The supernatural races that haunt our fairy tales have all fled, leaving this plane to the mortals... or maybe not. The 'significant others' are all homicide cops who do not believe [and in some cases hate:] anything purporting to be supernatural. All that woo-woo stuff - either crazy or con games - right? Not only do these poor mortals fight the usual fight against love and commitment - they fight being forced to believe...

As with most series, they unfold better being read in order - but can be
Heather
Sophie's Dragon is the third of Jory Strong's Supernatural Bonds series. As this was my first foray in to this author's work I hadn't read the series' first two books. This did't really seem to matter. While there were times that I could see the allusions to the previous books, and I assume the chalice plays a part in both of them, I didn't feel as though I were missing anything major by having read this story first.

I feel slightly torn about giving this book three stars as I really enjoyed the
Niobe
I give up.
There is no way I'm going to make it to part 8 of this series. The author and I aren't feeling each other at all.

I'm sure she feels that c*nt is a sexy naughty dirty word but to me it's a slur and it breaks my immersion when read it.

I feel that not bothering with safe sex when you're about to get dirty with someone you just met that day isn't passionate, it's reckless and stupid.

I feel that drugging a woman during sex (without her knowledge or consent) and bringing her unconscious bo
Gail
Mar 24, 2008 Gail rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: favs
Mystery and fantasy writer, collector of crystals and believer in magic, Sophie Alexander wants to find the legendary Chalice of Enos. She’s going to write a story on it whether or not she finds the Dragon's Cup. Little does she know the supernatural beings she writes about are real and one in particular has her in her sights.

Dragon prince, Severn Damek is known for getting what he wants and he wants the Dragon’s Cup. The fertility of his race is tied to the Chalice of Enos and he's determined t
Ana
Katherine O'Grady
I am really enjoying this series by Ms. Strong. I read the first as a freebie and have since bought the rest, one by one.

Sophie's Dragon was hot, hot, hot. Her Dragon, Severn, is a definite Alphahole, but it is tempered by his clear love and tenderness for Sophie. The on going mystery arc continues in this book with some interesting developments. The appearances of previous characters are well done, too.

I love me some hot sexy scenes (and there were many), but I have to say I wish Ms. Strong use
Emily
This book seemed to be based on sex mostly. The guy didn't care what was going on with her or care what she had to say. The female was against being controled in any way but allowed him to do it sexually. That was really confusing about her personality as a character. There also seem to be to many numberous factors that should have been included in their search for the cup that weren't considered by the characters.
TravelingGal
I really wanted to like this book more and there were some parts I really enjoyed; however, way too much of the focus was on the characters' physical reactions to each other. I enjoy erotic romance as much as the next person but I really don't want to read constant repetitive references to how "moist" the heroine is every time the hero touches her - which is about every other paragraph.
Steff
Jun 16, 2013 Steff rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: pr
Didn't like it. It was horribly put together. I hated the fact Sophie was just being led around by her sexual desire. It was like she was a brainless female.

I love possessiveness in most male leads but Severn ruined the effect it was supposed to have. He was just horrible and dominant, wanting a woman that would follow everything he was saying
Daune Mc
I enjoyed learning how Shophie Alexander a writer & Severn Damek a dragon form their heartmate bond.Even though Sophie doesn't know about super natural beings. They are trying to find the Chalice of Enos are Dragon's Cup.
Twilla
Wow just wow. This is a smoking hot book full of big time dominate dragon men. I very much recommend this book.
Kathrynn
Dec 11, 2008 Kathrynn marked it as to-read
Ordered 12/2/08
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Amy (and her hounds)
Amy (and her hounds) marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Cynthia Nitchals
Cynthia Nitchals marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Sheila White
Sheila White marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Lynn Meger
Lynn Meger marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
  • The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • King of Diamonds (Wonderland, #3)
  • Firebreather (Firebreather, #1)
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Bride Reborn (Star Brides, #2)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Last Minion Standing
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • B.O.B.'s Fall (B.O.B.'s, #1)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around: Two Book Collection
Jory has been writing since childhood and has never outgrown being a daydreamer. When she's not hunched over her computer, lost in the muse and conjuring up new heroes and heroines, she can usually be found reading, riding her horses, or hiking with her dogs.
More about Jory Strong...

Supernatural Bonds (10 books)
  • Trace's Psychic (Supernatural Bonds, #1)
  • Storm's Faeries (Supernatural Bonds, #2)
  • Drui Claiming (Supernatural Bonds, #4)
  • Dragon Mate (Supernatural Bonds, #5)
  • Conner's Wolf (Supernatural Bonds, #6)
  • Demon Familiar (Supernatural Bonds, #7)
  • Dragon Games (Supernatural Bonds, #8)
  • Dragon Master (Supernatural Bonds, #9)
  • Dylan's Witch (Supernatural Bonds, #10)
Binding Krista (Fallon Mates, #1) Trace's Psychic (Supernatural Bonds, #1) Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1) Inked Magic (Inked Magic, #1)