Start by marking “The Joy of Pregnancy: The Complete, Candid, and Reassuring Companion for Parents-to-Be” as Want to Read:

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Women today are celebrating pregnancy like never before. The new attitude of expectant moms is one of cheerful anticipation, optimism, and pride in their changing bodies. The Joy of Pregnancy reflects this positive spirit by emphasizing what’s normal, fun, and even funny about pregnancy. In a lighthearted and encouraging tone, Tori Kropp helps mothers- and fathers-to-be co ...more
Published February 15th 2008 by Harvard Common Press

To ask other readers questions about The Joy of Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Joy of Pregnancy

Robert Beveridge
Tori Kropp, The Joy of Pregnancy(Harvard Common, 2008)

When a rep from Harvard Common contacted me about reviewing The Joy of Pregnancy, I was initially ambivalent. After all, I don't really have the right plumbing, so to speak. Still, the rep seemed confident that I'd be able to review it, and sent me a copy along anyway. Well, it turns out he was right; I may never actually get pregnant, but I still found the book a very enjoyable guide to the experience, whether I can do it or not.

The Joy of P
K. Jonee
Although this book is a few years old, I found it to be very informative. In short this book is perfect for parents who are expecting or plan to conceive. It covers everything from the moment you are four weeks pregnant to the joy of motherhood, It offers a several appendixes, a glossary, and very helpful information specific to you and your child or children's needs.
Mayra
I think that this book is good for first time mothers. A lot of times we worry about what would happen or what is going to happen, and forget to enjoy the fact that you are pregnant. This book focuses on letting yourself enjoy your pregnancy while keeping the important things in mind, and it really helped me better decide what i wanted my mindset to be as a mother.
Ashley Rangel
We're not trying yet but I was always a little freaked out about labor and delivery in particular. I decided to read this book well in advance and it really helped quell my fears. I also really like that there is a small section every so often for dad's to be. This book will be super helpful if we ever decide it's the right time to start a family.
Kelsey
I didn't particularly love this book, until I got to the section on labor. She just did such a fantastic job remaining neutral between natural childbirth and medication without making one seem "better" than the other. This pregnancy book is less comprehensive and more anecdotal than my mainstay pregnancy book.
Jessica Hollo
Probably the most readable, factual pregnancy book I have found. Contains all the information you need, but in a more readable and friendly way. Doesn't seem to be slanted too much one way or other, but balances views equally. Reminds you to stop worrying and enjoy the miracle!
Janalyn
This book is written by a great nurse, and I know from experience that nurses are usually the best references. It's not as complete as the What to Expect Books, but it is simple and reasurring to read.
Donna DeBoer
Learned a lot but it didn't freak me out! Going to be refering back to it often during the pregnancy I am sure.. thanks to Brandon's mom for buying it for me!
Feb 09, 2012 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: Amazon readers
Shelves: babies, kindle
Nice book that doesn't follow the scare tactic approach, and is fairly balanced regarding birth choices. Definitely SO MUCH BETTER than What to Expect.
Jessie
Simple and practical, fairly unbiased. I think this book would be comfortable for most any pregnant woman to use as an as needed guide.
Monica
Simple, easy to follow. Short chapters and helpful checklists. Includes sections for fathers-to-be
AFBonanno
Very helpful but a bit slanted towards taking drugs during labor.
Katie Casey
Similar to What to Expect, but a little more readable I think.
Angie crosby
Great book. I enjoyed it a lot.
Andrea
too high level - it was ok...
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Amanda Rusher
Amanda Rusher marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Joy of Pregnancy: The Complete, Candid, and Reassuring Companion for Parents-To-Be (Easyread Large Edition) Joy of Pregnancy: The Complete, Candid, and Reassuring Companion for Parents-To-Be