Start by marking “Ready, Set, Green: Eight Weeks to Modern Eco-Living” as Want to Read:
Ready, Set, Green: Eight Weeks to Modern Eco-Living

Ready, Set, Green: Eight Weeks to Modern Eco-Living

The time to save the planet is now.

Ready? Set? Green! Living green means reversing climate change, but it also means protecting your kids and pets, improving your own health, and saving money. And it doesn’t necessarily demand a radical overhaul of your life–just some simple adjustments, such as switching to healthier cleaning products and driving fewer miles each week.

W
Published May 20th 2008 by Villard

To ask other readers questions about Ready, Set, Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready, Set, Green

Kim
Jan 08, 2016 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Treehugger.com and had high hopes for this book — maybe too high. The authors, Treehugger founder Graham Hill and Treehugger employee Meaghan O'Neill, are a designer/businessman and writer, respectively, and are really great at giving practical "green" advice and synthesizing the wealth of information they've gathered over the years for their Web site. However, they're not scientists or economists, and there were times in this book where I felt they were almost presenting themse ...more
Svenja
Jul 10, 2009 Svenja rated it really liked it
Shelves: english
This is an absolute must-read for just about anyone who lives on this planet. I thought it was going to be really preachy, since the good people at tree-hugger have just about any DIY-tipp you can think of, but it's actually an excellent starters book. It gives you all the basics, backed up by facts, that make a difference for the earth without even having to change your lifestyle. It explains everything and is very lax about people who might be concerned but still want to keep their high-end / ...more
Jo
May 05, 2009 Jo rated it it was amazing
Treehugger.com and PlanetGreen.com are my two most favourite 'green' blogs so I was extremely excited to hear they were releasing a book. This is a great book for people who are interested in greening up their lives, especially for beginners and people new to this lifestyle who want to make positive earth-friendly changes in their life. Packed full of great information, tips and ideas that will have you living a healthier, greener lifestyle in 8 weeks. :)
Evgenia
Jul 24, 2011 Evgenia rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I started reading this book thinking that I probably wouldn't learn anything new. That is probably true about the practical tips that they give at the end of every chapter. There was nothing there that made me say: "This is brilliant, I never thought of this before!".

But this isn't just a practical guide to greening your life. It is also packed with information about global warming and environmental degradation, a lot of which was new to me and found very useful. Overall, I wou
Angela
Feb 23, 2012 Angela rated it liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: non-fiction, eco
This book had a lot of good ideas on how to make your life greener, and it repeats often that you don't have to do everything, just do something! Even changing a light bulb can make a difference. I liked that -- I think too many times people thing they can't go green because they can't do everything...but that is not the point with this book.

Elisa
Sep 15, 2010 Elisa rated it it was amazing
Excellent book.You would think this would be very preachy (from Treehugger.com) But it is not. It looks at the big picture. Explores different people and thier philosophies. They say- nothing is perfect but what is best?
Highly recommend. But read Ed Begleys book first!
Racheal
Apr 23, 2015 Racheal rated it it was amazing
Probably would've finished this book within an hour, if I was not constantly stopping at the end of every chapter and start to reorganize the recycling, cleaning my apt, going through closets, tossing old makeup, etc... twas a good informative book and gave some ideas I'd never before considered.
Aug 29, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it
If you're already a devoted environmentalist, you might not find too much information here that you don't already know. But this is a good beginner's guide to green living--not too overwhelming, with some solid suggestions for changes to adopt.
Kate
Sep 07, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing
Loved it! From the minute I started reading I found myself making simple changes to my everyday life.
Kerry
Aug 11, 2016 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
This is a great book -- quick and full of good information on greening. It's not preachy, it just focuses on bad chemicals, how to be more efficient, etc.
Rachel
Aug 24, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Good tips backed up with solid facts but most of the items I was already familiar with. Ideal for someone new to environmentalism and hoping to reduce their toll on the planet.
Maya
Jul 29, 2009 Maya rated it really liked it
Since I am an eco geek, I already knew a lot of the stuff mentioned in the book. But it is a great reference for anyone who is looking to green their life.
Ken
Ken rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2009
Cameron Mair
Cameron Mair rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Helen Southall
Helen Southall rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
conor
conor rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2009
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2009
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2009
Jones
Jones rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2008
Boni Thompson-Kurke
Boni Thompson-Kurke rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2010
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Patty Crawford
Patty Crawford rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2008
Miss M
Nov 06, 2012 Miss M rated it liked it
Good tips on basic ways to start being more eco-friendly.
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2008
Carolina
Carolina rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2014