Start by marking “Ready, Set, Green: Eight Weeks to Modern Eco-Living” as Want to Read:
Ready, Set, Green: Eight Weeks to Modern Eco-Living

Ready, Set, Green: Eight Weeks to Modern Eco-Living

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The time to save the planet is now.

Ready? Set? Green! Living green means reversing climate change, but it also means protecting your kids and pets, improving your own health, and saving money. And it doesn’t necessarily demand a radical overhaul of your life–just some simple adjustments, such as switching to healthier cleaning products and driving fewer miles each week.

W
Published May 20th 2008 by Villard (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ready, Set, Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready, Set, Green

Svenja
This is an absolute must-read for just about anyone who lives on this planet. I thought it was going to be really preachy, since the good people at tree-hugger have just about any DIY-tipp you can think of, but it's actually an excellent starters book. It gives you all the basics, backed up by facts, that make a difference for the earth without even having to change your lifestyle. It explains everything and is very lax about people who might be concerned but still want to keep their high-end / ...more
Kim
I'm a big fan of Treehugger.com and had high hopes for this book — maybe too high. The authors, Treehugger founder, Graham Hill and Treehugger employee Meaghan O'Neill are a designer/businessman and writer, respectively, and are really great at giving practical "green" advice and synthesizing the wealth of information they've gathered over the years for their Web site. However, they're not scientists or economists, and there were times in this book where I felt they were almost presenting themse ...more
Racheal
Probably would've finished this book within an hour, if I was not constantly stopping at the end of every chapter and start to reorganize the recycling, cleaning my apt, going through closets, tossing old makeup, etc... twas a good informative book and gave some ideas I'd never before considered.
Evgenia
I started reading this book thinking that I probably wouldn't learn anything new. That is probably true about the practical tips that they give at the end of every chapter. There was nothing there that made me say: "This is brilliant, I never thought of this before!".

But this isn't just a practical guide to greening your life. It is also packed with information about global warming and environmental degradation, a lot of which was new to me and found very useful. Overall, I wou
Jo
Treehugger.com and PlanetGreen.com are my two most favourite 'green' blogs so I was extremely excited to hear they were releasing a book. This is a great book for people who are interested in greening up their lives, especially for beginners and people new to this lifestyle who want to make positive earth-friendly changes in their life. Packed full of great information, tips and ideas that will have you living a healthier, greener lifestyle in 8 weeks. :)
Angela
Feb 23, 2012 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: eco, non-fiction
This book had a lot of good ideas on how to make your life greener, and it repeats often that you don't have to do everything, just do something! Even changing a light bulb can make a difference. I liked that -- I think too many times people thing they can't go green because they can't do everything...but that is not the point with this book.

Elisa
Excellent book.You would think this would be very preachy (from Treehugger.com) But it is not. It looks at the big picture. Explores different people and thier philosophies. They say- nothing is perfect but what is best?
Highly recommend. But read Ed Begleys book first!
If you're already a devoted environmentalist, you might not find too much information here that you don't already know. But this is a good beginner's guide to green living--not too overwhelming, with some solid suggestions for changes to adopt.
Rachel
Good tips backed up with solid facts but most of the items I was already familiar with. Ideal for someone new to environmentalism and hoping to reduce their toll on the planet.
Kerry
This is a great book -- quick and full of good information on greening. It's not preachy, it just focuses on bad chemicals, how to be more efficient, etc.
Maya
Since I am an eco geek, I already knew a lot of the stuff mentioned in the book. But it is a great reference for anyone who is looking to green their life.
Kate
Loved it! From the minute I started reading I found myself making simple changes to my everyday life.
Miss M
Good tips on basic ways to start being more eco-friendly.
Mary Louise
Excellent resource.
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Courtney Dobbertin
Courtney Dobbertin marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Lorice
Lorice marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Zivile
Zivile marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Sheena
Sheena added it
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Weekday Vegetarian Life At The Limit Salt, Light, and a City: Introducing Missional Ecclesiology Graham The Silvertown Explosion