Start by marking “Claire Fontaine Crime Fighter: A novel of life and death....and shoes” as Want to Read:
Claire Fontaine Crime Fighter: A novel of life and death....and shoes

Claire Fontaine Crime Fighter: A novel of life and death....and shoes

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A Novel of Life and Death...and ShoesClaire Fontaine is sassy, sexy, sophisticated, and rich. Henry Bennett is fat, sloppy, slow, and a bad dresser. He's a private eye, and as far as he's concerned, she's his assistant. As far as she's concerned, he's her partner. Their entire relationship, in fact, is one big difference of opinion, and the results are hilarious.Now Henry ...more
Published June 27th 2006 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Claire Fontaine Crime Fighter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claire Fontaine Crime Fighter

Dawn
This book was so odd. It was a good mystery, but there was pretty much no information on any of the characters. Not one! How can you be invested in a book and its characters when you know nothing about any of them? And it seems like the author wasn't sure if she wanted this to be a silly cozy or a hard-core, serious murder mystery. She'd name-drop designers and talk about clothes and make fun of Claire's outfits, but then she'd also have Claire make some deep, dark observations using very poetic ...more
Ann
I enjoyed this book and was hoping to find that the author had written a series. The set up was such that the reader gradually got to know the characters and was a good conduit for more books where we get to know the characters slowly and they can be fleshed out.

There were a few things that I thought should have been in the book but weren't such as - Doesn't this chick have ANY friends??? Where does she get her money??? How 'bout family?? Not having any of this in the story made the main charact
Pam
#119 08/29/06
CLAIRE FONTAINE CRIME FIGHTER by Tracy Enright
RATING: 4/B
TIME/PLACE: Present, Los Angeles, CA
CHARACTERS: Claire Fontaine/Asst to Henry Bennet/PI
COMMENTS: Light fun, 1st in series. Claire is wealthy & stylish, she starts to work for Henry Bennett in his PI business. Henry calls her his asst, she prefers partner. Several women have been murdered, their lifestyles my ahve been on the loose & wild side but they didn't deserve to die.
george
The writing was horrific: the dialogue stilted and awkward being the most distracting element. I figured this out quickly, but for some reason continued. All in all, it wasn't a horrible story if you can get past the bad writing. It's the first in a series (supposedly--this one came out a while ago and no sign of a second yet), and I would probably read a second on a rainy afternoon with nothing else to do.
Melissa
This book took forever to get where it was going. Each lead the main characters uncovered were boring. There was nothing gripping or page turning about the mystery. And the author spent Alot of time dropping designer names when describing what Claire was wearing. But never detailed what the outfit looked like. Snore
Deb
Claire Fontaine is a rich girl trying to find a profession. An arranged interview connects her to Henry Bassett, ex-cop turned P.I. Looking at a murder from her privledged viewpoint, she's able to solve the crime. Slow at first but worth it. As the tag says, a fun mystery.
Darbi Bradley
Entertaining quick read, but not terribly high quality. The author name drops labels like its a Gossip Girl novel. There's a love interest that we know nothing about. Claire is fun, but this is a weak effort.
Amy
Fun, quick. Really like the main character Claire and her ridiculous relationship with Bennett. I would like to read another in this series and find out more about the past of the main character.
Thezza
It's a funny book. I mean, just imagine a woman wearing 3-inch high stilletos investigating stuff. There's also a bit of romance (which is also funny). A good book.
Best book ever![return]Read through it so fast, I couldn't believe it when I got to the end...[return][return]This heroine (Claire) rocks!!
Lake County Public Library Indiana
“Entertaining chick lit/ mystery. Imagine Legally Blonde meets a detective novel.”
–Nicole, Central Library
V C
Aug 18, 2007 V C rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Evanovich Fan
Shelves: adultfiction
Not as good as Evanovich but fun none the less probably a cross for those who like Devil Wears Prada too!
Jenn
Couldn't finish it. Might give it another try if i see it again in the library
Amy Long
Cute and light.
Christian Belz
A fun romp. The writing is sharp and quick witted. Claire Fontaine is a hoot!
Beth Despres
Beth Despres is currently reading it
Jan 09, 2015
Maryfrances
Maryfrances marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015