Start by marking “Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus #4)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,205 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Volume 4 of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" omnibus series concludes Buffy's high-school career, wrapping up Season 3 of the show's story line. Collected in this volume are the complete "Bad Blood" saga written by Andi Watson ("Clubbing"), the first attempt at making a "season" of the comics, where Buffy battles a sultry vampire who hungers for a lot more than blood; the fi ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4

Brittany

***Pink Taco Buddy Read with the Shallow Readers! Fmale Lead this time: Buffy, Willow and Cordelia***

This omni had two really awesome stories. Both read like true Buffy episodes, and the artwork was way cool. The first story, Bad Blood, involved three Buffys, a bad bitch who just wanted to be pretty, and a fight that was kick ass. The entire story was really interesting, and funny, and action packed. And I really thought it would be my favorite part of this omni. But then came The Hollower. It w
Kristen Batao
Ignoring the fact that the specific tradeback I read had a misprint and deja vued a couple pages, this volume seemed particularly disjointed. The writers didn't seem familiar with the series. Oz was not Oz-like at all. When's the last time you saw Xander Harris in a backwards hat? And Angel was nearly killed by a demon who was strangling him. Angel COULDN'T BREATHE. (Spoiler alert: Angel is a vampire and doesn't breathe.)
Emily
Sep 28, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Omnibus 4 contains one long story arc followed by a bunch of shorts. In the longer story, the vampire Selke gets a plastic surgeon to develop a super-blood to improve the strength of her vampire minions. Her vanity and wit reminded me of Glory. The artwork and dialogue here are very well done.
The shorts are more hit and miss, with various artists and their takes on the Buffyverse, but the stories are all pretty enjoyable. There is one flashback tale regarding Angel's vampire birth that's pretty
Jesus Flores
Jul 10, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, vampires
Buffy 4
Ok this book is basically one long story, followed by several short one.
Long Story: Bad Blood
So vampire Selke, previously burned to “death” by buffy is still alive, but burned-ugly. Finds a plastic surgeon that being promised eternal life creates a blood to turn her back into pretty and then o become the ruling vampire of sunnydale. Of course Buffy is there to stop her.
The long story arc is well written, the vampire and doctor story go in well paced stages, you can see how at a start Selk
Cara
Best one I've read yet! This one was great! Dark Slayer Buffy fighting super vamps. Spike poisoning their blood supply. The Hollower was interesting to say the least.
I loved Spike and Dru's little section. I remember Spike talking about Dru cheating on him in the TV series with a Fungus Demon, but we only ever met the Chaos Demon. The Fungus Demon was nasty. Good for Spike for getting a little revenge on crazy Dru.

But after reading a few of these omnibus's, I'm going to start reading the comics
Bibliofiendlm
I liked this a bit better than Vol. 3.
Desiree the Reader
3-3.5/5 stars.

Volume 4 was a bit better than Volume 3.

Bad Blood: 1/5 stars. I was very bored with this one. In fact it took me nearly 8 months to finish it because I stopped right in the middle and didn't pick it up again until recently. However once you get over this bunch of comics the omnibus gets better.

Bad Dog: 3/5 stars. Mostly a Willow/Oz comic. Buffy kind of sticks her foot in her mouth when she mentions that sometimes she wishes for a normal boyfriend in front of Oz (werewolf) and Wi
Stephen Theaker
Jan 09, 2009 Stephen Theaker rated it liked it
Enjoyable stories, but pretty forgettable on the whole - evidenced by the fact that I know I've read some of these issues before, but none caused any sparks of recognition. There's too much focus on action, too little on character and dialogue. I understand why it worked out that way - how much characterisation can you manage when the show is still airing? All you can do is echo what's already been shown on screen. But one of the great things about Buffy and Angel was that things changed, and si ...more
Franki
Sep 07, 2013 Franki rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this collection of comics because the majority of it was taken up by a single series- the Bad Blood saga, in which Selke (previously seen in the last collection being stabbed, burned alive and left for dead by the slayer) uses witchcraft and alchemy to create a "magical" batch of blood that enhances the vampires supernatural powers.
Obviously she has a massive score to settle with Buffy, cue mayhem and torment and, obviously, slayage. I especially liked the creation of the two d
Liz { nvl.tea }
I'm going to be upfront and mention that probably any and all Buffy and/or Angel graphic novels are going to be totally biased on my part. I kind of have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Buffy...so yeah. I'll still try to be critical, but they're pretty much all going to be five star ratings from me. ;)

As in my "Charmed" graphic novel reviews, I'll be breaking these down by issue. I don't discuss too much of storyline because I like to stay mostly spoiler free. ;)

I want to also warn against
Angela
May 12, 2014 Angela rated it liked it
Set in Season 3, this has a long season type story in it and a few little ones. The Bad Blood storyline sees a vampire obsessed with looks and destroying the slayer hire a plastic surgeon to help her. There's some good moments here, and it feels like a really good ploted storyline. A lot of the little stories are fun too. It also includes Angel: The Hollower, and that has some nice flashbacks in it. A good read.
Kate
Mar 06, 2015 Kate rated it it was ok
Shelves: library, 2015
I thought this particular collection was ok, but not great. It does include some longer stories, but I didn't care for the first one. I think the Buffy comics are primarily interesting for those fans who didn't get quite enough Buffy with the series.
Marcel
May 13, 2010 Marcel rated it it was ok
Shelves: bvts-forever
The second "half" of the Season 3 comics is collected in this fourth omnibus. Containing rather iconic and comic fan-favorite arcs, the notable content is the story about Spike and Drusilla's break-up (leading to his return to Sunnydale in the televised Season 3), and Buffy and Angels respective nights after the Graduation Day massacre, coping with Angel's departure for L.A. Echoing the motif in "A Stake Through The Heart," Buffy and Angel's sorrow does find allegorical corporeality in a suffoca ...more
Federiken Masters
Oct 17, 2013 Federiken Masters rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Buffystas completistas
Recommended to Federiken by: Buffysmo
Otro ómnibus terminado y otro rejunte de historias con guiones bastante buenos (sobre todo los diálogos, que emulan con éxito el tono "casual" de la serie) y dibujos bastante malos (sobre todo los de Hector Gomez, que por suerte acá dibuja menos que en los anteriores) que se suma a mis leídos.
Un lindo complemento para los buffystas, aunque obviamente no a niveles de la Octava temporada y similares.
Las sagas que incluyen este libro son:
-Mala sangre.
-Varias historias cortas (Perro malo, Hola luna,
May 06, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it
The only downfall with this compilation is that some of the stories (Bad Dog springs to mind) had horrible, horrible graphics.

As in "WHO THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSE TO BE?!" -- never a plus when reading a graphic novel.

But other then that, a strong collection of stories. The story lines would strong, at least.

Fans who are looking for a collection that mirrors the tv storyline though, will be disappointed - though at the end, Angel leaves to go to LA, there is nothing about his turn to Angelus, o
Jim
I think I enjoyed these stories, all of which take place during Season 3 of the show, more than I did volume 3. They were more interesting, and seemed to follow the continuity a little better. Though it was weird to see a story take place without containing Wesley even though he was in Sunnydale when the story was supposed to take place.

And they ended on an interesting note - a story that takes place immediately after Season 3 was over ((view spoiler)
Karen
Mar 07, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
Angel is too wimpy in this series.
Melanie
Feb 13, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Not a huge fan of the short stories part but the other longer stories were great!
Jessica
Mar 22, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
My least favorite of them so far, but there are some good one shots in here. The Bad Blood series wasn't a great start...I am not sure that it works that well as a cohesive whole. There were times when I wasn't sure that my book had been bound properly, like there were elements of the story missing and I wasn't really following. But The Hollower and Graduation Day were really great one offs and it's still Buffy, so I still liked it.
Amanda
May 17, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this more than volume 2 & 3 but not as much as Volume 1.
Adam Ross
Dec 01, 2012 Adam Ross rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A mixed bag, generally lack-luster. Some of the earliest Buffy comics out there (ironically, the Omnibus collection is organized chronologically to the show, not to the publication of the original comics, and so begins with later stories), they haven't quite yet nailed the Whedon-feel of the later comics. Still, a worth-while edition to the collector's shelf (like mine).
Elia
Dec 18, 2015 Elia rated it liked it
Aside from some REALLY glaring errors, this one was pretty good. I especially liked a few of the short-shorts. The one with Cordelia and the rats was cute!
Olivia
Feb 22, 2012 Olivia rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
More like 3.5 stars.
As with all the other volumes, my main complaint is the artwork. It was actually difficult to see which characters were who. I understand that it can't be perfect, but come on.
Anyway I liked the storylines. Though I did feel like the first story was a little long.
Good overall.
Leonore
Nov 10, 2008 Leonore rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2008
First, Darla named Angelus. Angelus isn't his birth name or some nickname he had back in Ireland. Second, who the hell is Catherine and where was Darla during that time? And third... I know there was a third but I can't remember anymore. No consistency or continuity with the series here.
Ryan Mishap
Sep 10, 2009 Ryan Mishap rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The story arcs get longer, although the writing isn't as stellar as on the TV show. Still, these two or three hundred page collections are a fun way to while away a little time in the Buffyverse for those of us who've watched our DVDs too many times.
McKayla
Nov 17, 2011 McKayla rated it liked it
This collection was more of a novel in the beginning because it was one big long story. Kind of an interesting story because we get three Buffy's. Then at the end a collection of smaller tales. Reading these makes me miss the show that much more.
Stacey
Mar 19, 2010 Stacey rated it it was ok
The graphics are SO BAD. The stories are pretty crap, too, save for the Spike and Dru, and I kind of sort of liked The Hollower arc. But the rest - SO SO SO BAD! Especially when compared to Season Eight.
Catherine
Jul 28, 2011 Catherine rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot...compared to the previous 2. Although...was a little annoyed at how the story The Hollower made Angel look like an idiot...and he's not even my favorite character!!
Ishanie
Mar 06, 2011 Ishanie rated it really liked it
The artwork was decent but not entirely accurate. The stories were fun. I love being able to read and imagine new stories involving my much adored scooby gang :)
Brianne
May 18, 2012 Brianne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels

Loved the Angel/ Buffy stories and the fight after the graduatiob fight was great - would have liked to see it in season three.
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 5
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3
  • Spike Omnibus
  • Angel Omnibus
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 3
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 3 (Tales of the Slayer, #3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Predators and Prey (Season 8, #5)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Panel to Panel
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 4 (Tales of the Slayer, #4)
Andrew "Andi" Watson (born 1969) is a British cartoonist and illustrator best known for the graphic novels Breakfast After Noon, Slow News Day and his series Love Fights, published by Oni Press and Slave Labor Graphics.

Watson has also worked for more mainstream American comic publishers with some work at DC Comics, a twelve-issue limited series at Marvel Comics, with the majority at Dark Horse Com
More about Andi Watson...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus (7 books)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1