Start by marking “The Cabin (Book One): MIA's Story” as Want to Read:
The Cabin (Book One): MIA's Story

The Cabin (Book One): MIA's Story (The Cabin #1)

'Mia's Story' - Book #1 in the bestselling 'Cabin Series'. "While these stories are fictional, inspiration has been taken from my own personal experiences and those of others who have visited The Cabin." - Natalie Stark. "Praises to Natalie Stark for being brave enough to tackle a subject that is in the real world. These books are hot and steamy - I would suggest a quiet ...more
Published March 31st 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Cabin (Book One), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cabin (Book One)

Tim O'Rourke
Apr 27, 2013 Tim O'Rourke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hot little book! Unlike a lot of other fiction of this type, 'The Cabin' actually had a story with some great characters. There was a great twist to the plot too. This debut author is one to watch. Highly recommended if you want a sexy-hot little read! Loved it! :)
Jenn Green
May 02, 2013 Jenn Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That. Was. Freakin Awesome! What am amazing debut by this fab new author, I'm floored.

I admit I am a self-proclaimed romance/erotic book junkie. I've come to expect certain things when it comes to erotic Novellas, they are usually just quick hott romps without a lot of meat to the story or character depth. Well, this book blew that mold to hell. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely a hott romp right from the beginning (this woman sure knows how to start off with a BANG) but it was sooo much mo
Alexis Nicole
Apr 06, 2013 Alexis Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gail Newbold
Although I know this is a novella, it kind of ended abruptly at the end. I was expecting there to be a little bit more story, I was HOPING for it because Mia definitely needed the extra pages to redeem herself as a character. The lead up to finding out what huge secret she had was a bit redundant. I figured how much shame she carried around, how much fear of others finding out her secret, she must have murdered a person and then molested the corpse. Nope. No such thing. In my opinion, what she ...more
Lisa
May 04, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You may need to do a few things while reading this book.First would be finding a quiet place to read it. In the beginning,I was reading it with people around, and even though they couldn't read what I was reading, the book was so vivid that I felt as if my mind was projecting the images. I would also suggest turning on a fan to cool yourself down because this book will get you worked up! Thirdly would be a cold shower afterwards ; ).
This debut author has got it going on! The storyline had me pul
Kim O'Daniel
Aug 27, 2013 Kim O'Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
praises to Natalie Stark for being brave enough to tackle a subject that is in the real world. This book is a hot and steamy would sujest a quite secluded place to read. When I read the first book in the series I was in the livingroom,everyone looking at me as I blushed from what I was reading. No mystery to my husband though he knew what I was reading. This is a hot little book. A must read and,if this any clue as what to is coming in the future from Natalie Stark their will be more blushing in ...more
rdmickey1989
Good writing and lots of plot punched into this novella. Good twists I didn't see coming, and a few smexy times to. So why just 3 stars? I just didn't like the female character nor what she did. The first time was ok, but the second time, was wrong on so many levels.
Aղցela W.
This was a good short story. Mia married Nathan but was in love with Quinn. So the story follows Mia and her internal fight to give herself sexually to her Newly-Wed Husband, Nathan. On the night of their wedding, you find Mia looking for every excuse possible to not give herself to Nathan. Mia has scars on her back that she's ashamed of and she doesn't want to Nathan to see these yet and get scared they waited until there wedding night to have sex. Nathan gives in and understands that his wife ...more
Michael
Oct 06, 2014 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-story
I would call this a how-to book on dishonesty and secrecy in relationships. Basically all three protagonists suffer quite a bit because they don't talk to/aren't honest with each other. The sex scenes are fairly hot, but clouded by all the deception.

Oh, and this is the exact same book cover for Edge of Disaster, published earlier:

Edge of Disaster (An Edge Novel, #1) by A.M. Hargrove
Tom
Aug 12, 2013 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great first novel from a new author. This book is going to split opinions. Why? Because the author has been brave enough to tackle real issues while writing an erotic book. I guess some people just aren't going to get it so therefore won't like it but this book is so clever on so many levels. Not only has the author written a great erotic novella the plot is good and the characters so real that it feels like you have read an entire novel by the time you reach the end of the book. The idea of ...more
Jane
Mia made a mistake on her eighteenth birthday with a priest and is punished for it, leaving marks on her body. She spends four years in mental anguish, until she marries Nathan, a good man. The irony of what happens on her honeymoon is an unexpected twist to the story but it ends, as it should after the one night Mia spent in The Cabin ~ Mia's Story without her husband??? The sex scenes were hot and steamy with the forbidden aspect to add extra spice; the writing gave an in deep look at Mia's fe ...more
Holly
Oct 18, 2013 Holly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1-1.5 stars

This was a rather blah short story. The premise was intriguing, but the writing felt very...meh. Like the author had their thesaurus next to their computer and tried to use as many different descriptive words during the love scenes as possible. Most of which were not at all sexy. Also, the 'taboo' aspect didn't really work for me. This was too short to have enough of a back story for me to buy the couple's relationship.

Color me disappointed in yet another attempt at erotic fiction.
Tina
May 20, 2013 Tina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was not a great book.
(view spoiler)
Rebecca Kennedy
Not what I thought. I didn't really like it. But mainly because it is not my genre of book. I thought I would try something different. The story is well written. The only thing that irritated me was the use of the word "arse". I know that is the correct word but I would have used buttocks or butt. Just my opinion. Other than that and the fact it just was not the type of book I read it was okay.
BK Blue
Jan 02, 2014 BK Blue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smutty-smut

Lately I have been self-reflecting a bit. I recently decided my penchant for (view spoiler) However I am totally for it, so if you find some, let me know!

Despite my particular... love, I only found this okay. It might be just because it is so short. I also found it overly dramatic.

So there you have it.
A
Nov 19, 2013 A rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mia commits a sin by having sex with her priest; she is punished for it, and then spends the next few years in anguish. She meets Jonathan who falls in love with her but Mia’s heart belongs to another. They get married and are on their way to a honeymoon cabin where an unexpected visitor shows up. This story was just starting to get good at the end but then ends with more questions than answers.
Brandi {BusyBwith3}
Dark maybe? Gross yep! I don't get sleeping with the priest and cheating on your new husband to do it, just to realize the priest wants you as his nooky on the side(oh well to bad you got beat years ago because of me but I still sleep with you???)So now you'll come clean to the new hubs... Nah, no thanks!
Jess
Aug 12, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was brilliant. At last an erotic short with a decent story and great characters. This author writes great hot scenes too! She also has the courage to write about situations and relationships others might find uncomfortable. A fantastic book! I'm a fan for life! I highly recommend.
Karen
Aug 23, 2014 Karen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Freebie so I thought why not?

But hmmmmmm. The sex was good but really? The plot incroixable ( je suis en France en ce moment ).

Sorry to Natalie, it takes guts to write and publish and who am I to criticise but it was a poor plot but on a positive, the writing wasn't bad.
Angela
Apr 25, 2013 Angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quickie
A quickie with a little twist that you may enjoy reading.

Me, I just wanted to smack the main character and found no real sympathy for her at all...in fact having just read it I can not even remember her name. No HEA found here, in case you wanted one....now, I just want to smack him!!
Anne Cooper
Aug 11, 2016 Anne Cooper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was a great little book! Very sexy and loved the fact that there was a story with some good plot twist. Very hot in places. Great characters. will follow this author with interest. Great read!
Lynn
Oct 06, 2013 Lynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalie has a secret but she has told no one. Nathan is someone she loves but not in love with. She still thinks of Quinn her first love.
Ronda
Nov 30, 2013 Ronda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story and one that does keep you entertained. But it does leave you hanging as to what came of Mia and everyone ennobled.
Png
Jul 18, 2014 Png rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the forbidden story and how intrigued the prologue was. Although, the heroine's action was unacceptable, I didn't find her unlikeable.
It was a decent, short read.
Nyreshia Conwell
Nyreshia Conwell rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2014
Kbowen1
Kbowen1 rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2013
Anna Garcia
Anna Garcia rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • More than a Job
  • Beneath the Fire (Guardians, #1.5)
  • Witch (Sydney Hart #1)
  • The Vortex (Enchanted Immortals, #2)
  • In 9 Days
  • Consequences (The Celtic Vampyre Saga, #3)
  • Taken (Dark Grove Plantation, #2)
  • Three of a Kind: Tales of Luck, Chance & Misfortune
  • Unbroken Pleasures
  • To Love You More (Sunset, #3)
  • Illicit Proposition (The Proposition, #2)
  • Take Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire #1)
  • Bondage Anniversary (Desired Discipline, #1)
  • The Cutting Room: Episode I
  • Billionaire’s Threat (Never Never Man, #4)
7031983
Natalie Stark is the No 1 bestselling author of 'The Cabin', a series of erotic/contemporary romance novellas.

Sexy and risqué these stories will leave you with a delicious desire to find The Cabin and explore your own secret side.

Natalie Stark lives near London, England. You can connect with Natalie in the following ways:

Visiting her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/natalie.star...

Sending a
More about Natalie Stark...

The Cabin (8 books)
  • The Cabin (Book Two): Chloe's Story
  • The Cabin: Anna's Story (Book Three)
  • The Cabin (Book Four): Megan's Story