Start by marking “Empire Stylebook of Interior Design: All 72 Plates from the "Recueil De Décorations Intérieures" with New English Text” as Want to Read:

Now for the first time in an inexpensive paperback edition: the "bible" of First Empire style in interior decor, one of the most important and influential sourcebooks in the history of French design, reprinted from the rare 1812 edition, and essential reading for interior designers, architects, and architectural and social historians.
Published August 8th 1991 by Dover Publications

To ask other readers questions about Empire Stylebook of Interior Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empire Stylebook of Interior Design

Monica
As I mature, through reading and travel, my taste matures and morphs to appreciate different styles and periods. Though already familiar with it, on a tour of the south during the 1980's a couch with rolled, diamond-tufted arms in one of the antebellum homes caught my eye and the beauty of the Empire style grabbed me. Many supporters of Louis XIV (XVI?) escaped to America to avoid the guillotine (I think that's how the story goes) bringing their furniture with them. The empire style would not ...more
Tony Mavilia
Tony Mavilia rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Nhit Khim
Nhit Khim marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Jerry P
Jerry P marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
Amele
Amele added it
Apr 23, 2013
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014