Start by marking “Glyphein (Reality Seed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Glyphein (Reality Seed, #1)

Glyphein (Reality Seed #1)

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Ex-soldier, Sergeant Skedic Vom of the infamous Northern Wolf Brigade, is trying to move on. It’s been two years since his unit was wiped out during a weapons test gone wrong in Cameroon. His memory is sketchy at best, but he does know the episode ended with him killing his unit’s betrayer, their superior and his lover, Bilkissou Dimka. And then he’s told she’s alive.

Skedi
ebook, 1st, 59 pages
Published June 1st 2014 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Glyphein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glyphein

Dylan Hearn
Dec 01, 2016 Dylan Hearn rated it liked it
Actual rating - 3.5 stars.
This is an enjoyable story that likes to play around with multiple dimensions, variable timelines and an unreliable narrator and manages to pull the complexity off for the most part. There were the odd occasions where I struggled to follow what was happening, although this may have been more down to me and reading tired than to do with the author. It also has a good twist at the end.
Reese Hogan
Jul 28, 2015 Reese Hogan rated it really liked it
The first thing that struck me when I started Glyphein was how well-written it was. The sentences are put together flawlessly, the flow is just right for a sci fi thriller, and the author’s word choices are perfect for the seedy, futuristic world in which the novella is set. I loved the details that set us firmly into that world—data slots built into wrists, circuitry wired into skulls, dangerous gorilla-shaped robots. The characters inhabit the gritty setting excellently. They are people you’d ...more
Lorraine Carter
Aug 10, 2014 Lorraine Carter rated it it was amazing
A short but thoroughly enjoyable story my only complaint is that I wish it had been longer! Having said that, I was impressed with how quickly Philip Charles Stephens established his futuristic setting and the strength of his characters. He doesn't waste a word bringing them into focus and they rapidly convey as sense of familiarity. The pacing of the novel is excellent with plenty of tension as the mystery begins to unfold. Is this reality or not? I was certainly kept guessing to the end!
Danni
Jul 24, 2014 Danni rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the first few pages as the author describes a wholly believable future setting where reality is on the verge of being rewritten. I loved the descriptions of tech and the pace at which the drama unfolded. The characters are limited which means they are well described and very easy to imagine. I would have liked it to have been longer but hoping for more of the same in the near future.
Bruce Mohler
Mar 27, 2015 Bruce Mohler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a lot packed into this 59 page "(estimated)" novella: altered reality, modification of memories, and more. It shouldn't be surprising that life gets more confusing when you start messing with the past (memories) and the present (what you believe is real).
Melissa Kountz
Melissa Kountz rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Hannah Stacey
Hannah Stacey rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Tobias Wonderland
Tobias Wonderland rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Georgi Zhelyazkov
Georgi Zhelyazkov rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Sam Koeppen
Sam Koeppen rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015
Gomabbitt
Gomabbitt rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
David Humphrey
David Humphrey rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Marjorie
Marjorie rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2015
Nikki Sheehan
Nikki Sheehan rated it it was amazing
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2014
Jacques
Jacques rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2015
A.R. Davis
A.R. Davis rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
P.D. Viner
P.D. Viner rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Allen Cooley
Allen Cooley rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
That Girl KL.
That Girl KL. marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Katy Gann-magruder
Katy Gann-magruder marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Justine Kilkerr
Justine Kilkerr marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Cameron Mcallister
Cameron Mcallister marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Laura Wilkinson
Laura Wilkinson marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Ed Siegle
Ed Siegle marked it as to-read
Alex Hourston
Alex Hourston marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
William Shaw
William Shaw marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Susan Wilkins
Susan Wilkins marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Kate Harrison
Kate Harrison marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Shayna
Shayna marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Lou Yuhasz
Lou Yuhasz marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Jae Danzig
Jae Danzig marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Cora Pop
Cora Pop marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Bex
Bex marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
James
James added it
Feb 16, 2016
Zryisiai
Zryisiai marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Zac
Zac marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
I am an author and ghost-writer based in New Mexico but originally from Mersea Island, England. I’m a huge fan of science fiction, fantasy, and horror, counting Philip K Dick, Iain M Banks, Stephen King, Lovecraft and Tolkien amongst my influences, but I’m a lover of literature in general.

I’m primarily interested in the tension between the rational, defined universe of our modern age and the myste
More about Philip Charles Stephens...

Reality Seed (3 books)
  • The Closed Gate (Reality Seed, #2)
  • Infinitesimus (Reality Seed #3)