Start by marking “Popgun, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Popgun, Vol. 2

Popgun, Vol. 2 (Popgun #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Last winter's best-selling and acclaimed graphic mixtape returns with a line-up of creators, from fan-favorites to industry new comers.
Published August 12th 2008 by Image Comics (first published July 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Popgun, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Popgun, Vol. 2

Arjen
Jan 04, 2011 Arjen rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
This is a huge (450 pages) collection of short comic stories. The quality differs throughout the volume but overall it's just very cool to read and watch all these different artistic styles. The book was sitting on my bed side table waiting patiently for me every night for 6 months or so to offer me the occasional comic story before sleeping.

I must say that the art is more satisfying than the story telling which can be a real turn off at times (the story about the gay couple having some genital
Damon
Aug 03, 2009 Damon rated it liked it
Not so impressive as the first volume. The production values are there, everything looks great again, and there's definitely some solid content, but there seems to be a bit more run of the mill stuff this time around, and it makes for a less entertaining volume in general. Also, there's no really stand-out story, nothing that would make you say "You really need to read this book, just for THIS...", and while that's not a must, it helps an anthology differentiate itself from all the others.
Michael
Dec 16, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it
You know the standard caveat about anthologies having a range of quality in stories and having to read a bunch of bad ones to find the good? Doesn't apply to this book.

Out of the 49 stories (over 460 pages), only one or two failed to connect on any level. For the vast majority, even when either the story or art wasn't to my taste, the other component amazed me. And several of the entries had such excellent story AND art that I became an instant fan of their creators.
Tjibbe Wubbels
Jun 20, 2010 Tjibbe Wubbels rated it really liked it
I read this over the course of two months or so. To read all in one go is just too much, but spread out in nice weekly doses it's highly enjoyable. And it gives one the chance to reread 'bastard road' every week.
In general this volume is not as great as the first volume, but it still features some great stuff.
Matt Chic
Aug 11, 2008 Matt Chic rated it it was ok
not as good as the first. that sucks. highlights include WOLF AND BUG, RAGAZZA PIPISTRELLO (didn't understand it, but i know i liked it) SHE CAME FROM VENUS (probably my favorite). nixon makes two appearances in this volume for some reason. hmm... yeah. it's just okay.
Franck
Oct 25, 2008 Franck rated it liked it
Nice collection of artists, but very few substantial stories. I prefered vol. 1.
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Matthew Groves
Matthew Groves marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Jason Verge
Jason Verge rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 22, 2016
Batmark
Batmark marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Steven Davis
Steven Davis marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Alan
Alan added it
Oct 01, 2015
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Johnny Maldonado
Johnny Maldonado rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Jack Hoefnagel
Jack Hoefnagel rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Jaz
Jaz marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Sneakypie
Sneakypie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Scout (Robin)
Scout (Robin) marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Bryan Williams
Bryan Williams rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Simon
Simon added it
Jun 02, 2014
Velocity
Velocity marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Bob Scott
Bob Scott marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2013