Fruits Basket, Volume 14

Fruits Basket, Volume 14 (Fruits Basket #14)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  10,218 ratings  ·  83 reviews
Et si Tohru se trouvait une alliée au sein de la famille Sôma pour rompre la malédiction ? Car quand elle trouve une Rin désemparée, la distance qui semblait exister à l´air de se briser entre les deux jeunes filles. Le voile se lève sur le passé de Rin, déchirant et torturé. Autrefois pleine d´espoir, elle semble, aujourd´hui, avoir perdu goût à la vie. Mais la présence d...more
Published August 24th 2005 by Delcourt (first published April 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fruits Basket, Volume 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fruits Basket, Volume 14

Rain Misoa
Jun 17, 2011 Rain Misoa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! And people who think that love comes in many forms!
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
HJCFBJDGBCFYHDGCJDBHVIKDHUJDHCUFHDUVHDUHCVUDHCUDHVUDHVCUDHCVUDHFUIDHFVIHDCFUIHDUFVHDUIGHPPOIOOIWUEUUQUQUWHD!!!!!! THAT WAS SO CUTE!!! SO CUTE! I love this volume! It was so amazing! I mean… I was pretty depressed when I first started to read it. I felt like being emo for a very long time. But then the ending! *Squees* The ending was sooooo worth that sadness! Oh my word! I’m… I’m speechless! How can I tell you how great it was without spoiling it? The thing is: I can’t. It’s impossible for me to...more
Nick
Overall Rating: A to the cute power
Synopsis: Fruits Basket is a shōjo manga series created by Natsuki Takaya that follows the life of Tohru Honda. When the series begins, Tohru is living in a tent in the woods after being recently orphaned when her mother died in a car accident. Somehow, Tohru is able to remain optimistic despite all the shit she has had to go through.

While wandering through the forest she's living in, she runs across the house of the Sohma family. As it happens, Tohru goes to
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Fruits Basket volume 14 has another big character study. It's Rin's turn. Like most of the members of the zodiac, she has had a horrific life. Her parents were repulsed by her. For years, they put on a happy show, but one day the switch just flipped and they made sure she understand how awful she was and how no one wanted her. But it turns out that one person did want her...Haru. They were in love. I love how Takaya drew them together. Full of passion and painful desperation to be together. Thei...more
Michelle
Right from the start this manga had me hooked. How can you not like Tohru? She has to be one of the sweetest people on the planet. All the hopes of breaking the Sohma curse fall on her head. It was interesting to see the relationships grow and change throughout this series. Not only are the characters great, but the storylines were fantastic, although somewhat depressing at times. This is the one series that everyone should read. It was outstanding.
earthy
Here we get Rin's backstory, which is unsurprisingly tragic (though I love her relationship with Haru and the extra filler sketch of the two of them). More intrigue with Yuki and the student council, which is interesting enough, but as mentioned before, doesn't really advance the plot (though I'm rooting for Machi and Yuki). And Yuki FINALLY goes back to his declaration to Tohru, this time realizing the true nature of his feelings for her.
Annchan Maulana
Isuzu loves snooping through Shigure's life, especially when she's totally convinced that he is hiding something. But when Tohru finds a passed-out Isuzu in the house, she tries to drag Isuzu to the hospital. Meanwhile, Yuki goes to the ASB council room only to find it trashed again!
Carina
This is a very exposition heavy volume. It certainly sets Rin up as one of the most pitiable zodiac members - but then from the first mention of her you can tell she is isn't going to be like Hiro or Ayame...

Akito's actions really go from bad to worse, what happens to Rin is terrible, and what is said to Kyo and Yuki (the latter being shown in the next volume) is not any better.

I like that Yuki has that brief interaction with his mother, it shows real character growth - and I also like the int...more
Bradley
Rin had such a hard time. All I can say is ouch. =(

Reread review.. Rin seems a warm soul. The whole series is warm and fuzzy at times.. unlike the snow falling outside right now. =)
Ysabet
My second favorite volume of my favorite series. ^_^

When it came out, I reviewed it here: http://umadoshi.livejournal.com/16821...
Jen
Elise
3.5 / 5 stars rating

This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

This volume focuses mostly on Rin and Yuki. Rin, like Tohru, is determined to find a way to break the Sohma curse not for herself but for the sake of others. She goes to Shigure, who she hopes will have an idea, but she comes up empty handed in that respect. What she doesn't discover to find, as she ends up passing out and eventually winds up in the hospital, is that she finds a friend in Tohru despite her...more
xXRossiya AruXx
Bhumi
Fortunately, this volume is definitely better than the last. The reader gets to learn a lot about a new character, Rin, and her relationship with Haru and her desperate desire to be released from the family curse. The moments she shares with Tohru are heartbreaking; I actually teared up a few times, which is very, very rare for me.

I am constantly warmed by Tohru's loving, compassionate nature. I have to say, I really love her character. We actually come to learn something very interesting, prob...more
Laura Graves
I'm so glad I finally got a glimpse into Rin's life. I'm so glad there's a reason for the way she acts. She's just as fragile as Yuki. Well, I guess she's more fragile. While Yuki keeps all his pain inside, Rin takes it out on everyone. She's got a big heart though. She wants to help Haru, to set him free. It looks like she and Tohru are both looking for a way to break the curse. I like this. There might be more of a chance with both of them trying to figure it out. I've always had a feeling Toh...more
Patricia
Isuzu, or Rin, has a horrible past. As with all the zodiac members. But since she doesn't want to hurt Haru, she's on her own. How noble.

This doesn't really move the plot along, until we get to the second half of the volume. We learn from Yuki's memory of when he was at the summer house, where he met Akito, and he knows what Yuki is looking for in Tohru. Yuki himself gives us that answer at the end. Holy crap. Did NOT see that coming. Meaning? Go, Kyo.

It somewhat bothers me that Yuki is still s...more
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I love the storyline, and how determined Tohru is to break the curse. She's a pretty sunny person, but she seemed almost angry when talking to Rin about breaking the curse. Things are progressing quite nicely, and Yuki is really starting to realize things. Like the fact that he likes Tohru because he's been looking for a mother. The sidenotes were pretty interesting. Takaya was talking about how she came up with most of the names for the 12 members of the zodiac.

I'm really impressed with the ar...more
Jessica-Robyn
This volume starts off with giving us the first real opportunity to get some insight into Rin's backstory and her past ties with Haru. Rin probably has one of my favourite character designs in Fruits Basket as a whole. You can tell just by looking at her the kind of life she's experienced and that makes learning about her history that much more compelling.

However, what really caught my attention though was Yuki's revelation at the end of this volume. It was absolutely stupendous! I'm surprised...more
Katie
We start to learn more about some of the student council members: Kakeru and Machi. Most of the volume is very Rin-focused. (view spoiler)...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
We learn more about Rin and her back story and why she's acting the way she is. This volume got sad, sad and more, sad. At least it ended on a sort of happy note. But Akito, got to say that character, wow is he harsh with everyone. I mean seriously what's his problem?
Squirrelyyy
I really liked this series as a whole and several of the particular books individually are frequent re-reads for me. It was a accidental read the first time I picked one up and I got hooked and then had to wait for the release of each next book.
Sabrina
Fruits Basket (フルーツバスケット, Furūtsu Basuketto?), sometimes abbreviated Furuba (フルバ, Furuba?), is a Japanese manga series by Natsuki Takaya. It was serialized in the semi-monthly Japanese magazine Hana to Yume, published by Hakusensha, from 1999 to 2006. The series was also adapted into a 26-episode anime series, directed by Akitaro Daichi. The series tells the story of Tohru Honda, an orphan girl who, after meeting Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure Sohma, learns that thirteen members of the Sohma family are...more
A
Beat up, with a well worn out spine and coverless, the physical state of this volume is testament to how strong my Rin/Haru shipping was.
Danyka
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

And, I got no plans for reading it's manga.
Kacey
I couldn't remember if I read this volume of Fruits Basket before. I probably have, since I remember the Cinderella play-- which is still by far one of my favorite moments in the series. But it was good to go back and read this part of the story anyway.

One thing I love about this series is that it gives a beautiful mix of sweet moments and heartbreaking ones, laughter and sadness. Most of all, it imbues so much humanity in even the minor characters.

It's a fantastic series and hopefully I will ha...more
Reader the Fish
This was okay....I mean I can't really stand the student council group, because they kinda bored me although I can foreshadow that it's pretty important and big affecting Yuki's future throughout the book. What intrigued me was Rin's story. How she stood up in front of Akito that she put the first move in kissing Hatsuharu, but her past life with her parents and the thought of not being wanted, and how one person in the world loved her more tha anything, but of course, Tohru will always be under...more
Julia
This is basically the only manga series I can really tolerate. I'll admit, I was really sucked into the romantic triangle, and I LOVE astrology and any kind of zodiac, so that definitely pulled me along. It gets a little exhausting by the fifteenth or sixteenth book (really, I know it's manga, but how many can you make?!) but I just have to read them. Getting a real ending (and you do get one) is worth the wait.
Manda
Interesting volume, definitely better than volume 13. There’s more Yuki in this volume and he reveals secrets that haven’t been revealed until now. I’m a little surprised at how Yuki views Tohru but having read the volume you can understand why (without revealing too much) Akito is as annoying as ever, I wished bad things upon him as I read this volume so hopefully those bad things will come true at the end?
Lovely
This book has a lot in commen with people i know i won't give away anything becaues its just that good. I mean it has it's emotional times,but i would say that this book would relate more to teens who are in relationship porblems or friend issues at let that's what i suggest if you want to read it i also suggest that you read the little summary on the back. thank you for reading thoes of you who read on.
Rena
Okay. I officially think Rin is the best of them all. She definately has grown on me. They all keep growing on me. I am to the point where I don't care which one Tohru ends up with as long as the all end up happy. I actually can't really think straight, so these reviews probably are not that great. The story is absolutely beatiful and funny, so I definately recommend everyone to read it.
*Queen Diva*
Another tear jerker! This volume we get to learn a lot more about Rin. She is really very pretty and I really like her now that I know more about her. And once more, Tohru proves to be so giving and kind. I think half of the time I cry is because I want to be more like Tohru. *sigh* And Akito...he can die!
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 06
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 07 (Vampire Knight, #7)
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu...more
More about Natsuki Takaya...
Fruits Basket, Volume 01 Fruits Basket, Volume 07 Fruits Basket, Volume 04 Fruits Basket, Volume 02 Fruits Basket, Volume 03

“Anyone who knows how scary it is to be alone, can't help loving others." ~Rin Sohma” 18 likes