Start by marking “Fruits Basket, Tome 14” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket, Tome 14

Fruits Basket, Tome 14 (Fruits Basket #14)

4.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,590 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
Et si Tohru se trouvait une alliée au sein de la famille Sôma pour rompre la malédiction ? Car quand elle trouve une Rin désemparée, la distance qui semblait exister à lair de se briser entre les deux jeunes filles. Le voile se lève sur le passé de Rin, déchirant et torturé. Autrefois pleine despoir, elle semble, aujourdhui, avoir perdu goût à la vie. Mais la présence de T ...more
Published August 24th 2005 by Delcourt (first published April 19th 2004)

Cath
Jul 23, 2015 Cath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 stars.
It was good to learn more about Rin and her relationship with Haru. :D
Rain Misoa
Jun 17, 2011 Rain Misoa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! And people who think that love comes in many forms!
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
HJCFBJDGBCFYHDGCJDBHVIKDHUJDHCUFHDUVHDUHCVUDHCUDHVUDHVCUDHCVUDHFUIDHFVIHDCFUIHDUFVHDUIGHPPOIOOIWUEUUQUQUWHD!!!!!! THAT WAS SO CUTE!!! SO CUTE! I love this volume! It was so amazing! I mean… I was pretty depressed when I first started to read it. I felt like being emo for a very long time. But then the ending! *Squees* The ending was sooooo worth that sadness! Oh my word! I’m… I’m speechless! How can I tell you how great it was without spoiling it? The thing is: I can’t. It’s impossible for me to ...more
Kailey
May 16, 2016 Kailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of this volume is focused on Rin, who is very ill and fighting her urge to confide in Tohru. She's very conflicted, wanting to be friends with Tohru, but also wanting to be independent. She hates admitting that she needs help or comfort from a friend. She thinks it's a weakness to need others, and she's determined to be strong, but it's really just her pride holding her back. I loved finding out about Rin's past with her parents and with Hatsuharu. Their love story is so wonderful and sweet ...more
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: A to the cute power
Synopsis: Fruits Basket is a shōjo manga series created by Natsuki Takaya that follows the life of Tohru Honda. When the series begins, Tohru is living in a tent in the woods after being recently orphaned when her mother died in a car accident. Somehow, Tohru is able to remain optimistic despite all the shit she has had to go through.

While wandering through the forest she's living in, she runs across the house of the Sohma family. As it happens, Tohru goes to
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Fruits Basket volume 14 has another big character study. It's Rin's turn. Like most of the members of the zodiac, she has had a horrific life. Her parents were repulsed by her. For years, they put on a happy show, but one day the switch just flipped and they made sure she understand how awful she was and how no one wanted her. But it turns out that one person did want her...Haru. They were in love. I love how Takaya drew them together. Full of passion and painful desperation to be together. Thei ...more
Jenny
May 20, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sooooo...Yuki doesn't like her? He sees a mother figure? Really? I could've sworn....
Michelle
Oct 19, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadult, manga
Right from the start this manga had me hooked. How can you not like Tohru? She has to be one of the sweetest people on the planet. All the hopes of breaking the Sohma curse fall on her head. It was interesting to see the relationships grow and change throughout this series. Not only are the characters great, but the storylines were fantastic, although somewhat depressing at times. This is the one series that everyone should read. It was outstanding.
earthy
Apr 08, 2009 earthy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, manga
Here we get Rin's backstory, which is unsurprisingly tragic (though I love her relationship with Haru and the extra filler sketch of the two of them). More intrigue with Yuki and the student council, which is interesting enough, but as mentioned before, doesn't really advance the plot (though I'm rooting for Machi and Yuki). And Yuki FINALLY goes back to his declaration to Tohru, this time realizing the true nature of his feelings for her.
Romi (likes books)
I thought I might grow to love Rin. I don't need to grow to love her anymore. She is wonderful.
Chelsea (Cat Litterary)
Jul 25, 2016 Chelsea (Cat Litterary) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, young adults, ya
NaomiRuth
Jul 23, 2016 NaomiRuth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, af, series, graphic-novels
Aw, Rin. Oh, these beautiful people with their messed up lives. Oh my goodness! I don't remember whether it was this Volume or 13 because I read both super fast one right after the other, but the moment is Momiji! And the violin! Emotions! I wanted to cry a little. *sniffles* Also, aw... Rin. I want to give you a hug. And I would use the proper kun/san, but I feel like I'm so close to these characters. I'm not making any sense, haha. ALSO, when did Kyo-kun become attractive? Are drawn characters ...more
Annchan Maulana
Oct 01, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, anime
Isuzu loves snooping through Shigure's life, especially when she's totally convinced that he is hiding something. But when Tohru finds a passed-out Isuzu in the house, she tries to drag Isuzu to the hospital. Meanwhile, Yuki goes to the ASB council room only to find it trashed again!
Carina
Jan 05, 2014 Carina rated it it was amazing
This is a very exposition heavy volume. It certainly sets Rin up as one of the most pitiable zodiac members - but then from the first mention of her you can tell she is isn't going to be like Hiro or Ayame...

Akito's actions really go from bad to worse, what happens to Rin is terrible, and what is said to Kyo and Yuki (the latter being shown in the next volume) is not any better.

I like that Yuki has that brief interaction with his mother, it shows real character growth - and I also like the int
Bradley
Dec 18, 2010 Bradley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rin had such a hard time. All I can say is ouch. =(

Reread review.. Rin seems a warm soul. The whole series is warm and fuzzy at times.. unlike the snow falling outside right now. =)
Becky
Aug 22, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
aaaag I clicked on the wrong book. I HAVEN'T READ THIS ONE YET IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN THERE IS NO SPOON

Edit: Okay, NOW I have read this book!
And holy fuck.
Ysabet
My second favorite volume of my favorite series. ^_^

When it came out, I reviewed it here: http://umadoshi.livejournal.com/16821...
May 21, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Estoy amando demasiado esta saga, de verdad.

Simplemente perfecto y espectacular.

Hatsuharu es un amor de persona <3 Aunque tenía mis dudas con Kakeru, me está cayendo muy bien ^-^(aunque una nunca se puede fiar de esta autora *tos tos* Shigure *tos tos*)

Y la escena entre Tohru y Kyo de la página 135... ay, mi corazón de fangirl bailaba alegremente *suspira*
Y ese final, ESE FINAL. VAYA. NO ME LO ESPERABA, aunque todo tiene sentido ahora. Igual es que yo no sé ver las señales jajaja.
Creo que sé
Yehudit
Yeah, great. Hatsuharu is so sweet.
Jen
Elise
3.5 / 5 stars rating

This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

This volume focuses mostly on Rin and Yuki. Rin, like Tohru, is determined to find a way to break the Sohma curse not for herself but for the sake of others. She goes to Shigure, who she hopes will have an idea, but she comes up empty handed in that respect. What she doesn't discover to find, as she ends up passing out and eventually winds up in the hospital, is that she finds a friend in Tohru despite her
xXRossiya AruXx
Jul 09, 2009 xXRossiya AruXx rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bhumi
Aug 24, 2010 Bhumi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Fortunately, this volume is definitely better than the last. The reader gets to learn a lot about a new character, Rin, and her relationship with Haru and her desperate desire to be released from the family curse. The moments she shares with Tohru are heartbreaking; I actually teared up a few times, which is very, very rare for me.

I am constantly warmed by Tohru's loving, compassionate nature. I have to say, I really love her character. We actually come to learn something very interesting, prob
Dec 20, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: type-manga
I'm so glad I finally got a glimpse into Rin's life. I'm so glad there's a reason for the way she acts. She's just as fragile as Yuki. Well, I guess she's more fragile. While Yuki keeps all his pain inside, Rin takes it out on everyone. She's got a big heart though. She wants to help Haru, to set him free. It looks like she and Tohru are both looking for a way to break the curse. I like this. There might be more of a chance with both of them trying to figure it out. I've always had a feeling Toh ...more
Patricia
Isuzu, or Rin, has a horrible past. As with all the zodiac members. But since she doesn't want to hurt Haru, she's on her own. How noble.

This doesn't really move the plot along, until we get to the second half of the volume. We learn from Yuki's memory of when he was at the summer house, where he met Akito, and he knows what Yuki is looking for in Tohru. Yuki himself gives us that answer at the end. Holy crap. Did NOT see that coming. Meaning? Go, Kyo.

It somewhat bothers me that Yuki is still s
Maritza Arteaga
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I love the storyline, and how determined Tohru is to break the curse. She's a pretty sunny person, but she seemed almost angry when talking to Rin about breaking the curse. Things are progressing quite nicely, and Yuki is really starting to realize things. Like the fact that he likes Tohru because he's been looking for a mother. The sidenotes were pretty interesting. Takaya was talking about how she came up with most of the names for the 12 members of the zodiac.

I'm really impressed with the ar
Jessica-Robyn
This volume starts off with giving us the first real opportunity to get some insight into Rin's backstory and her past ties with Haru. Rin probably has one of my favourite character designs in Fruits Basket as a whole. You can tell just by looking at her the kind of life she's experienced and that makes learning about her history that much more compelling.

However, what really caught my attention though was Yuki's revelation at the end of this volume. It was absolutely stupendous! I'm surprised
Katie
We start to learn more about some of the student council members: Kakeru and Machi. Most of the volume is very Rin-focused. (view spoiler) ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
We learn more about Rin and her back story and why she's acting the way she is. This volume got sad, sad and more, sad. At least it ended on a sort of happy note. But Akito, got to say that character, wow is he harsh with everyone. I mean seriously what's his problem?
Squirrelyyy
Apr 26, 2014 Squirrelyyy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this series as a whole and several of the particular books individually are frequent re-reads for me. It was a accidental read the first time I picked one up and I got hooked and then had to wait for the release of each next book.
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 22 (Hana-Kimi, #22)
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu
More about Natsuki Takaya...

Fruits Basket (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 7
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 8
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 9
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 10

“Anyone who knows how scary it is to be alone, can't help loving others." ~Rin Sohma” 22 likes
“And if when everything ends, nothing is left in my hands...that's alright.” 1 likes