Start by marking “Willa” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Willa

Stephen King

Willa

Originally published in a December 2006 issue of Playboy.
24 pages
Published (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Willa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willa

Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
This is the kind of story one can tell over a camp fire in the middle of a dark forest(I would go with a haunted forest if there is one nearby).

I liked the story. It is interesting. It does take a moment to get into the story, because the characters in the story don't really know or want to know what situation they are in, but it is interestingly done and sure did keep my attention all the way through. It's short and simple and doesn't really go into any sort of detail which would have been nic
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
When one dies, how does he really know that he's dead?

Would we know for sure?

This book tackles the question of a lifetime.

Is there really a nice after life for us?
Jodi
Oct 09, 2015 Jodi rated it liked it
Short Story, but not really his best. I enjoyed the premise of the story quite a lot but couldn't understand why Willa did not press the issue of death with David prior to running off to the 26. I know she tried to make him understand that he simply wasn't seeing properly but was that really enough?

Enjoyable enough though but not my favourite short story of Stephen King that prize is almost guaranteed to stay with Quitters Inc which I just thought was fantastically different. This story seemed l
Corey Klauder
Apr 20, 2016 Corey Klauder rated it really liked it
I read this short story in Steven King's short story collection Just After Sunset. It was the first piece of writing that I remember reading from him. It honestly scared the crap out of me, but at the same time I kind of predicted the end of the story. The writing is phenomenal, the story is creepy, and it leaves you thinking about things you wouldn't usually think about.
Benjamin Stahl
Dec 01, 2015 Benjamin Stahl rated it it was ok
Stephen King himself stated this one as not being one of the better stories, and I can heartily agree with him. It wasn’t by any means bad, but it wasn’t all that great either. A very average introduction to what proves to be a fairly hit-and-miss anthology anyway.
Kateryna Krivovyaz
Nov 05, 2014 Kateryna Krivovyaz rated it it was amazing
One of the loveliest stories I've ever read by Stephen King. Despite of it's creepy topic, it's kind of romantic
way of thinking about afterlife and ghosts. It can be a nice read for the ones who believe in eternal connection between two lovers even after death.
Deserie
Nov 22, 2014 Deserie rated it liked it
This reminded me of another short story I read by Stephen King called "Nona." I found this story to be a bit bland and predictable, but not terrible. As this is the first in this collection of short stories, I'm hoping the stories that follow are better.
Marion
Feb 10, 2016 Marion rated it liked it
This story was a bit, what's the word? Obvious? Maybe obvious. But in the lovable fashion of Stephen King short story it stung me along to the too-soon ending. It made me smile.
Keira-christina Demchenco
Keira-christina Demchenco rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Jaime Flynn
Jaime Flynn rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Trish Mitchell
Trish Mitchell rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Jennifer Calchi
Jennifer Calchi rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Cherie  T
Cherie T rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Matt Dickson
Matt Dickson rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2014
Katrine
Katrine rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Vinay
Vinay rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Olivia
Olivia rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2014
Igor Corovai
Igor Corovai rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Thrawn4
Thrawn4 rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2016
Shreyasi
Shreyasi rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Ysabol Humphrey-Roberts
Ysabol Humphrey-Roberts rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Stephen Hickey
Stephen Hickey rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Edward Davies
This is a pretty basic ghost story with an underlying moral of accepting ones fate and moving on.
Chichi
Chichi rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Chris Bunnell
Chris Bunnell rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Aura
Aura rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2015
Marceline
Marceline rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2015
Jonny555
Jonny555 rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2015
May Watson
May Watson rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Kristy and the Worst Kid Ever (The Baby-Sitters Club, #62)
  • Tales of Suspense
  • 3:06 a.m. (The Lassie Files Book 1)
  • While You're Here, Doc: Farmyard Adventures of a Maine Veterinarian
  • Pokémon X•Y, Vol. 1
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard #6
  • The Poems of Doctor Zhivago
  • Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases (Great Courses #1977)
  • Treasury of Norse Mythology: Stories of Intrigue, Trickery, Love, and Revenge
  • Scared Sh*tless: 1,003 Facts That Will Scare the Sh*t Out of You
  • Stolen Ponies (Pony Pals, #20)
Stephen Edwin King was born the second son of Donald and Nellie Ruth Pillsbury King. After his father left them when Stephen was two, he and his older brother, David, were raised by his mother. Parts of his childhood were spent in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where his father's family was at the time, and in Stratford, Connecticut. When Stephen was eleven, his mother brought her children back to Durham, ...more
More about Stephen King...