Start by marking “Murderous Lies” as Want to Read:
Murderous Lies

Murderous Lies

On Sale for 99 cents for a limited time before raising to regular price of $2.99

Imprisoned for murders he didn’t commit, Max Kensington is exonerated after eight years when a new witness steps forward. He returns to his hometown and no one’s happy to see him, least of all his ex-fiancée, Rosemary Spelling.

Max’s return forces Rose to confront her feelings about the past.
Published June 24th 2014 (first published June 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Murderous Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murderous Lies

The Author Visits
Jul 16, 2014 The Author Visits rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Note: A copy of this book was provided by Chantel Rhondeau in return for an honest review by The Author Visits team.

Murderous Lies, the latest installment from author, Chantel Rhondeau is my first foray into the romantic suspense genre. I enjoyed the adventure.

Max Kensington, falsely accused of a string of murders, is finally absolved of his crimes and released from prison. It’s been a tough eight years but returning home is no walk in the park, receiving a less than stellar reception from his
Nancy Stopper
Jun 23, 2015 Nancy Stopper rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
 3 1/2 stars for Murderous Lies.  I really enjoyed reading Murderous Lies by Chantel Rhondeau. This is my first book by this author. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The author creates a compelling introduction to the story, capturing the reader's interest from the first page and keeping them interested until the final shots are fired! The author crafts captivating suspense throughout the story and keeps the reader guessing until the villain is ultimately revealed - its ...more
Rachelle Ayala
Jun 25, 2014 Rachelle Ayala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page, tension sizzled as Max meets Rose after being jailed many years for her sister's murder. Rose is not sure what to make of Max, but all the unresolved feelings make it hard for her to ignore him.

Add an overprotective sheriff and a town full of potential suspects, and we're off on a wild ride to figure out who REALLY murdered Rose's sister and who is after Rose right now.

The action is fast and nonstop, gluing me to the pages until the wee hours of the night. What I liked about
Alicia
Jun 27, 2015 Alicia rated it it was amazing
What a truly amazing novel!! I was hooked and engaged from the very beginning.

With such an in-depth plot that takes many twists and turns, and strong character development, the reader is easily caught up in the story and has a hard time disengaging if necessary.

"Murderous Lies," is a definitely a "not able to put down read." I put it down once, when it was so late at night I could barely keep my eyes open. But I was right back at it as I soon as I awoke. I couldn't wait to see how it ended...

Th
Rebecca Austin
Jul 04, 2015 Rebecca Austin rated it really liked it
Max Kensington is back in town after being in jail for murders he did not commit, including the murder of his high school girlfriend's sister, Sage Spelling.

Rosemary Spelling knows in her heart that Max did not kill Sage, but when murders start happening in town when he shows back up, she must decide what to do.

Max and Rosemary are still in love but realize they can not move ahead with him branded as a murderer. Will Max and Rosemary be able to find out the truth before either one of them get ki
Kerry
Oct 16, 2014 Kerry rated it really liked it
Another great book by Chantel! When Max gets released from prison, he immediately goes to find Rose. Max was accused of murdering Rose's sister, but he gets acquitted when new evidence comes to light. Rose had given into the town gossip that Max committed the murder, but after being with him again she is not so sure. I just loved this book, and Max and Rose were great together. Even though it was a quick read, there was great character development. Very enjoyable!
Evelyn Nathalia
Oct 12, 2015 Evelyn Nathalia rated it it was amazing
This story is full of suspense, murders and lies. A perfect title for the book. An amazing cover with an amazing story inside it. Expect the unexpected. You can feel the characters inside the book while reading it, making this book more and more astounding.
A perfect story for mystery reader who loves discovery. This story makes me forget everything in the outer world.

A 5.5 out of 5 stars if I can give it.
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 23, 2015 Breanna Eichhorn rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this is one of my favorite books. I was hooked from the first page. It's very well written and the characters were very well developed. This is one book that I know I will be able to read again and again. This is my first book by Chantel Rhondeau and it wont be my last.
Chantel Rhondeau
May 18, 2014 Chantel Rhondeau rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coming July 11, 2014, my latest stand-alone romantic suspense mystery. I loved writing Rose and Max's story, and look forward to sharing!
Magnolia
Magnolia rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Jessica Artress
Jessica Artress rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Bonnie Baggett
Bonnie Baggett rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Sharon Stephens
Sharon Stephens rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2014
Nikky
Nikky rated it liked it
Kitkat Darkfold
Kitkat Darkfold rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Sue Schneir
Sue Schneir rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Virggies
Virggies rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Anja
Anja rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2014
Betty Tyler
Betty Tyler rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2014
Lisa McQueen
Lisa McQueen rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Gail Kory
Gail Kory rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Belinda Alanis
Belinda Alanis rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Madehoney
Madehoney marked it as to-read
Kar210 Thorp
Kar210 Thorp marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Bookworm
Bookworm marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Dijya
Dijya marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Caterina Neko
Caterina Neko marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Mokona
Mokona added it
Jun 30, 2014
Mei
Mei marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Jessica Gonzales
Jessica Gonzales marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Leslie E
Leslie E marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
Erica Hyatt
Erica Hyatt marked it as to-read
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Carin
Carin added it
Amanda
Amanda added it
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Nareh
Nareh marked it as to-read
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Anelynn
Anelynn marked it as to-read
Montal
Montal marked it as to-read
Jacquelyn Smith
Jacquelyn Smith marked it as to-read
Faye
Faye marked it as to-read