Start by marking “Medicus” as Want to Read:
Medicus

Medicus

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  12 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Lisa Parmenter, wife, mother, and a system architect at a large software development firm, is widowed on page one. Was husband Earl’s death an accident—a matter of “wrong place, wrong time”? Or was he a victim of corrupt policies perpetrated by his sadistic former employer, MEDICUS Corporation? When she learns the truth, Lisa bursts out of her mourning malaise and embarks ...more
Published June 26th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Medicus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medicus

Laura Tveras
Jul 28, 2014 Laura Tveras rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Carl Ehnis is a good writer. He has skillfully used his talent to construct a lively story starring viable characters that possess traits, voices, and actions to match. He distributes relevant descriptive words where they are most effective, which makes it is easy for the reader to “see” it as it happens. I was able to imagine the scenes in my mind without losing my unique selective interpretation.

MEDICUS begins with a disastrous event. The main character, Lisa, is a happily married mother of th
Sarah Downing
Oct 09, 2014 Sarah Downing rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I found MEDICUS easy to read, although I didn't always understand the corporate speak (not being from a business background) and would have liked more character description at the start of the novel to help me visualise the characters.
The action scenes in the book were well paced and Lisa's car-chase scene in particular had me gripped. However, I did find the overall pacing of the story slowed down by the scenes of corporate backbiting and manoeuvring which I felt detracted from Lisa's story.
The
K. Cat
Nov 01, 2014 K. Cat rated it did not like it
Don’t waste your time or money on this book. Medicus is written poorly with far too many adjectives, the author mixes up past and present tenses within sentences and the plot is unbelievable.

Ehnis markets this as a page-turning thriller. It’s not. Lisa, the widow bent on revenge, takes radical action against her husband’s employer. Ehnis tries to write from the viewpoint of a woman but he fails miserably. He portrays Lisa as a crazy vigilante.

As a woman with three children why would Lisa be he
Bill Leviathan
Dec 02, 2014 Bill Leviathan rated it liked it
Medicus is a thrilling revenge story of a wife who won't let a giant corporation walk all over her the way they did to her husband.

The wife is Lisa Parmenter, whose husband is tragically killed in the opening scene of the book. After her shock wears off, she works to discover what happened to her husband, and how. Her investigation leads her down a path of revenge, and how her life is affected by carrying out that revenge.

A good part of the story is shown from the perspective of the many corpora
Georgie
Sep 11, 2014 Georgie rated it liked it
A widow bent on revenge. Greedy company executives. Crime and corruption…
“Medicus” is a novel with a lot going for it. It has a smart and formidable female protagonist, a fast-paced story and good use of language.
The arc of the story is good. The telling of it is tight—no unnecessary scenes or over-long descriptions.
It also has faults. Too many adjectives, jerky action scenes and puzzling motives.
I found some of the character's names distracting, e.g. DeMastri Powers and Payne Fear.
After compl
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Annette Moore dm
Annette Moore dm rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Carl Ehnis
Aug 04, 2014 Carl Ehnis rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Andreas
Andreas rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
francis m smith
francis m smith rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
Ashley Barrera
Ashley Barrera rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
S Patel
S Patel rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2014
Manouka
Manouka marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Laurie Lowery
Laurie Lowery marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Uwe Schmied
Uwe Schmied marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
Goodreads Authors...: You Show Me Yours and I'll Show You Mine 1 6 Jul 21, 2014 11:12AM
Carl Ehnis spent a few decades writing soaring marketing prose for a major financial services company. But he was recently liberated to focus on his true passions: writing books and recording music. He has authored the novels Race Riot, MEDICUS, Happy Hour, Verite, and the curious non-fiction project called One Page a Day.

He's a life-long resident of New Jersey, has a wife and kids, two domestica
More about Carl Ehnis...