Start by marking “Highland Lover (Murray Family, #12 & Camerons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Highland Lover (Murray Family, #12 & Camerons, #3)

Highland Lover (Murray Family #12)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  2,122 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
A reckless need to break free of his family led Gregor MacFingal Cameron on a quest for a rich bride, only to fall prey to kidnappers and be tossed into a cold cell. He is soon joined by a frightened young woman who makes him regret his mercenary search for a wife. After a daring escape, he gladly joins Alana Murray's quest to rescue her sister, and soon temptation leads t ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 349 pages
Published June 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published 2006)

Kathrynn
Jan 27, 2008 Kathrynn rated it it was amazing
Gregor Cameron is a brother to Sigimor (Highland Conqueror), but he's hardly mentioned in it and this is a stand-alone.

Gregor meets Alana Murray (yes, another Murray) in a cell, actually they are thrown into a well of sorts and they end up escaping together. Gregor, bless his heart, is already betrothed to a horrible lady who is immoral, but his pride and honor won't allow him to see her for what she really is.

I enjoyed this tale and Payton Murray (Highland Angel) has a small role in this one.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Review to come...
Mandy
Sep 03, 2015 Mandy rated it really liked it
It has an obliette!
Michelle Lieb
Jan 08, 2017 Michelle Lieb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waiting for the next Murray book in series

Hannah Howells series are so good. I want more MacFingals\Cammeron stories. Please add more of her books to kindle unlimited.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Really only 3.5 stars.
This book is nothing but trials and hardtimes.
not a fan of this book in the series.
Elle
Mar 16, 2012 Elle rated it really liked it
OK. I'm going to admit that I skim a lot when I read romance. If I sense that a passage is going to involve a lot of naval-gazing, I skip. I skip a lot of the sex scenes, too. After the first time, they tend to be repetitive, so once the clothes start falling off, I move on until I see something that promises to move the actual plot along again.

So I confess I might have missed this in the last book. But the heroine here is the twin of Kiera, the heroine of the previous book in the series, and I
Meg Kinch
Oct 17, 2010 Meg Kinch rated it liked it
Bridget
May 18, 2013 Bridget rated it liked it
In this continuation of the Highland clans saga, Alana Murray is wandering around trying to find her twin, Keira. They share some emotional connection that only allows them to sense each other's state of mind but not much else. Their brothers Artan and Luca are heading for Keira and Alana thinks she is just fine trailing them. Extremely improbable situations in 15th century Scotland. Oh well. Alana is captured by an impoverished family, the Gowans, who wish to ransom her, as well as another capt ...more
K
Aug 28, 2012 K rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Recommended to K by: found on goodreads
I honestly don't know what to rate this book being torn between a 3 and 4 star rating. A fan of the series, I've enjoyed seeing the extensive Murray family and their "allies" stories unfold, as well as watching each character finally give into love. Although the story was a sweet easy read w/ a HEA for both the H and H, I didn't feel this story was orignal, and that it seemed repetative of earlier ones. I thought the H and H complimented each other well, but once again, found them reminiscent of ...more
Blackkitty12
Mar 12, 2015 Blackkitty12 rated it did not like it
I want to keep this short and straight to the point. I was only able to read about 5 chapters of the book before it started to annoy me.
First of all, our supposed hero is honestly, just a cowardly, selfish SOB. Who entirely does not deserve any kind of recognition. He was just a total coward, and a big liar to boot.
Our heroine is honestly much more heroic than the hero. But she adores him too much for absolutely nothing. I mean the entire story he was either sitting uselessly or running away fr
Linda
Oct 31, 2015 Linda rated it did not like it
Dull. This story would have been a good novella or part of an omnibus. As a full length novel, it was boring! The characters are boring!

She is looking for Kiera, he has just come back from wooing a potential bride. They meet in a dungeon when they are both caught by a laird who hopes to ransom them. They escape and try to get home without getting caught while doing it along the way. The main conflict is that he keeps stuff from her. Stupid and boring.
Jill
Feb 19, 2008 Jill rated it really liked it
Shelves: howell-hannah
I liked this one as well, but I sort of feel like Howell is writing the same book over, with different details. The main theme in each of the three books I've read is boy and girl meet and fall in love but for whatever reason are scared to tell each other that. Neither wants to be the first to speak the words. This won't stop me from reading the rest fo the books, but I do hope that she will do something different.
vra
Apr 14, 2009 vra rated it really liked it
It is a nice read! I love the way Hannah Howell builds up the story, without rushing things and keeping the situation plausible. It had me laughing hard in places, especially when Alana was referred to have 'wee bumps'.

The only thing I don't like about this story is the 'lies' Gregor did. I have to admit that I was very very disappointed when I found out what he neglected telling Alana. Perhaps, I am simply not as forgiving as Alana.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Gregor has decided it's time he took a wife but on his way home from looking he is kidnapped for ransom and thrown in a oubliette. Alana is looking for her twin sister when she is also kidnbapped for ransom and is thrown in the oubliette with Gregor. They spend lots of time together and escape to his home at Scarglas, and they both secretly feel the other is the one for them. Adventure, jealousy, and secrets make this a good read!!
TJ
Sep 13, 2009 TJ rated it did not like it
I just can't find any redeeming quality in a story set in a time where honor is everything yet the hero(?) who claims to hold honor above all, acts so honor-less by knowingly seducing a virtuous woman while almost betrothed to another. Instead of being truthful he chooses to lie, then mislead the woman and never expresses any feeling whatsoever for her until he is required to - at the very end of the book. Ugh!
Ibrium
The first line of dialogue is "Ye cannae put me in here with a mon." For someone who dislikes dialect this, er, in your face, it may as well have read, "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."

I've tried two books set in Scotland by this author; both are over the top with the brogue. No more Highland books by her for me.

DNF, but no rating, since I didn't make it past the first page.
Heather
Mar 13, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
I found myself skimming over much of the beginning because aside from the kidnapping plot it was basically Alana trailing after her sister's actions in the last book. That and there is way too much navel-gazing. The characters aren't particularly likeable nor unlikeable. It seemed routine, like it was merely phoned in. I skimmed over a lot of the rest as well.
Michelle
Jun 10, 2008 Michelle rated it it was ok
This was not one of Howells better novels. I had a difficult time actually getting through this tale. Once again, we begin in a dungeon. It didn't' get much better from there. I really didn't care for the characters and just couldn't wait to get the story done. If you pass this one up, you really aren't missing much.
Staci
Mar 24, 2011 Staci rated it really liked it
A good historical romance novel, set in medieval Scotland. The heroine is not weak but is just miniscule enough so that the hero still gets to be the brawny man. The writing takes some getting used to as Howell uses such vernacular terms as "aye" and "ken" (which means know: e.g. "I kenned that" means "I knew that").
Angel
Aug 22, 2015 Angel rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed and wanted to beat Gregor at times. Alana was such a sweet and stubborn woman and I simply cannot wait for her brothers books... The Murray's and their associates are truly interesting folks lol....onto the next
Denice
Jun 11, 2012 Denice rated it it was amazing
I can't really say too many things about this but except that it's good and pretty ridiculous to me (I'm talking about Gregor's supposed to be betrothed and his and Alana's adventures) ... Just read this so you will have an idea what I'm talking about... =)
Shauni
Sep 29, 2012 Shauni rated it liked it
I read all of Ms Howell's books Back to Back to Back.. while this is a fun series I seriously do not recommend anyone doing so. The plots tend to be repetitious and run together. If you want to enjoy the Murray Clan, take your time.. there is much to enjoy just one at a time.
Sandy
Jul 29, 2009 Sandy rated it it was ok
Ok plot - not much in the way of "love" scenes. I didn't realize it was a book in a series of books when I started it - although you don't need to read them in order, I kind of felt like I was missing some of the connections built into some of the other books.
Stacie
Sep 18, 2008 Stacie added it
This was the story of a woman searching for her sister. She is caught and held for ransom. She gets put in jail with a man and they plot their escape. Then they are on the run til they can get to safety. I found myself skimming through this one.
Kristin Gaske
You will definitely get drawn into this Romance read, and soon you'll be blushing...fanning yourself. Found this book while I worked at a dry cleaner's, and I couldn't wait until the customers died down.
Dawn
Jun 11, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
It was very good. The story start with Alana being tossed into a pit/cell with Gregor. The story is fast moving and holds the interest of the reader. I really rejoyed meeting Alana's twin annoying overbearing brothers too.
Petula
Aug 29, 2013 Petula rated it it was amazing
I am realy glad I read this straight after Highland Champion because although it is a totally diferent story it links up. The heroine is the twin sister to the other heroine, and she has slipped away from home to find her twin.
Amber Gray
Aug 22, 2010 Amber Gray rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
This book was ok, I didn't dislike it, and the beginning was good, but once the couple made it to the hero's home it became very predictable.
Nov 30, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
The plot was about a 3. Characters likewise. The fake scottish brogue and over-misuse of "mayhap" were painful.
Kashii
Jan 04, 2015 Kashii rated it really liked it
Feels a little too much like highland champion... I'm getting tired of these female leads with no self esteem who love cats!
  • Highland Hearts
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • Surrender A Dream
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
  • A Necessary Husband (Necessary, #1)
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #3)
  • The Seduction Of An Unknown Lady (McBride Family #2)
  • Taken by Desire
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

Murray Family (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1)
  • Highland Honor (Murray Family, #2)
  • Highland Promise (Murray Family, #3)
  • Highland Vow (Murray Family, #4)
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6 & MacEnroys, #1)
  • Highland Angel (Murray Family, #7)
  • Highland Groom (Murray Family, #8 & MacEnroy, #2)
  • Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9 & MacEnroy, #3)
  • Highland Conqueror (Murray Family, #10)