Start by marking “The Honeymoon Prize (Honeymoon #3)” as Want to Read:
The Honeymoon Prize (Honeymoon #3)

The Honeymoon Prize (Honeymoon #3)

He needs a wife…

Single bodyguard Nick Calhoun has been given an ultimatum by his boss—find a wife or lose his cushy, high-paying job. Clients’ wives are hitting on him and putting Nick, and his boss, in hot water. But monogamy? He’s never been a white picket fence kind of guy, and he’s not about to embrace the happily married lifestyle now. He needs a wife who doesn’t care
Published June 29th 2014 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Honeymoon Prize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honeymoon Prize

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Oct 27, 2015 Carol [Goodreads Addict] rated it really liked it
The Honeymoon Prize by Melissa McClone is book three in The Honeymoon series. I love Melissa McClone’s books and this is a cute and sweet little friends to lovers story that is sure to leave you with a smile on your face and all the warm fuzzies you can handle in your tummy.

Adelaide Sinclair or Addie was basically abandoned by her mother on her Grandmother’s doorstop when she was little and that’s where she grew up. So when she was in her first year of college and her Grandmother became ill, it
Alexa
Feb 20, 2016 Alexa rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, netgalley
I don't ask much from my romance novels: they must have a plausible story, there must be romance, and a happy ever after. That usually earns them 3 stars automatically.

This one had all three things, but I still didn't like it. First of all my galley was not formatted correctly; there were no page breaks, no paragraph breaks. Everything was one huge block of text.

If you are going to give out free copies could you please make sure they are formatted correctly? Pretty please? They are still going
Ginny  Gallagher
Aug 19, 2014 Ginny Gallagher rated it really liked it
The Honeymoon Prize is book three in the Honeymoon series by Melissa McClone. It works great as a stand alone and is a complete story with no cliffhangers. It's the perfect book to escape for an afternoon with and at only 135 pages it's a quick read that offers romance, friendship, new beginnings, and humor.

Adalaide has been through a lot over the last couple of years and has lost even more. Nick has his dream job but in order to keep it he needs a wife. The two have been best friends since chil
Elle Markov
Oct 17, 2014 Elle Markov rated it really liked it
Nick Calhoun and Adalaide "Addie" Sinclaire have been best friends since they were five years old; through all their ups and downs, the only thing that has remained constant is their friendship. So, when Nick needs a wife of convenience for work, who better to ask than the best friend he's had an on-again off-again crush on, he refuses to act on for the sake of their friendship. Because, nothing can go wrong there right.

Addie is down on her luck, after dropping out of college to take care of her
Carolyn Reilly
Jun 21, 2016 Carolyn Reilly rated it really liked it
The Honeymoon Prize is book three in the Honeymoon series by Melissa McClone and can be read as a stand alone.

Childhood best friends Adalaide and Nick both have serious problems.
Adalaide has been through a lot the last couple of years and is now homeless and destitute.
As a single handsome bodyguard, Nick is getting too much attention from his female clients, upsetting their husbands and jeopardizing his dream job.
The solution: They are getting married -in name only - to help each other out.
Denise Stout
Jul 01, 2014 Denise Stout rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion**

I loved this story of Addie and Nick. They've been best friends for years--heck, they were even "pretend engaged" as kids--they know each other and each other's family secrets, but in knowing each other's secrets, they've unknowingly let their friendship keep them from having any other lasting relationship.

When Addie's in real trouble--no home, no job--Nick comes up with a great plan: marriage of convenience. And, they've won a free honeymoo
Kimberly V
Jul 01, 2014 Kimberly V rated it it was amazing
Adelaide Sinclair is broke and homeless. Her childhood friend Nick Cahill needs to settle down and get married in order to keep his job. Mutually beneficial, they agree to a friends-only marriage. The bride and groom don't tell anyone about their arrangement. When Adelaide's friend informs them that they have won an all-expenses paid honeymoon to a tropical island, they are thrilled. That is until they get there. Upon arrival, they realize that while they did win the trip, they will be followed ...more
Janine
Jun 30, 2014 Janine rated it it was amazing
A fun romantic escape.

A marriage of convenience for Adelaide Sinclair and her long time friend Nick Cahill is turned upside down when Addie's friend, Emily, enters them in a honeymoon reality show contest and doesn't tell them. All they know is they have somehow won an exotic trip to a private island in the South Pacific. At landing, they are confronted by a film crew only to find out what's really going on. Faking a marriage is hard enough, but faking a happy honeymooning couple will be even ha
Jean
Addie and Nick entered into a marriage of convenience, but things didn't quite go as planned. Addie's friend Emily entered them in a free honeymoon contest and they won, what she didn't tell them is that it was for a reality show. So now they had to pretend to be newlyweds in front of the camera.
Nick and Addie were great characters. I liked both of them right from the start. I loved the descriptions of the island honeymoon getaway. I really wanted to be there on the island as well. I would also
Dianna
Addie and Nick became best friends in kindergarten and twenty-two years later they got married. Yippee for them, right? Well, it’s complicated.

You see, Addie is a sweetie. She quit college in her first year to care for her grandmother. Nine years later gran’s dead and Addie is homeless and broke. Her mother and aunt have swooped in and snatched up gran’s property and are currently chewing it in their beastly maws and rending it with their witchy talons. Addie can’t afford a lawyer, and anyway: n
Melinda Garza
Jul 13, 2014 Melinda Garza rated it it was amazing
Nick is a body guard who is single. One day his boss gives him an ultimatum which is find a wife or lose his job. Adalaide, who took care of her grandmother for years, has found herself without a home and job. Nick has been her friend for years and asks her for a no sex marriage. Will she go for it? Will their friendship survive their honeymoon that they had decided to go their own seperate ways? Will they stay married?
Nila
Jul 02, 2014 Nila rated it it was amazing
A marriage of convenience turned into a reality show? Long-time friends Nick and Adaliade both have problems and turn to each other to solve it by getting into a marriage of convenience but can their friendship last through the honeymoon? Kept my attention throughout from page one.
A colorful, fitting cover for this book. A fun read, highly recommend to lovers of romance.
Sep 16, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
Overall, I liked this book. There was very little surprise or suspense but it was a quaint little story about friends finding love. I liked the main characters and there was definitely some chemistry going on, but it is like I wanted more. Maybe if it were longer or more developed I would feel more satisfied, but alas I am merely okay.
Donnajo
Read/review from Tule insider VIP street team for a honest opinion

This book grabbed me right from the start I enjoyed the characters and the dialogue. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.

Caroline F
3.5 stars.

“The feelings for her he’d buried back in high school kept coming back.”

Nick and Addie have been friends since they were five. 22 years later, Addie is in financial dire straits and Nick needs a wife to keep his job. A marriage of convenience appears to be the answer. However, neither expected their honeymoon to be a reality TV show, with cameras following them around and forcing them to fake being in love. However, as the holiday progresses, the line between their platonic friendship
Michelle Quintana
Nov 04, 2016 Michelle Quintana rated it liked it
This book wasn't long enough to do justice to Nick and Addie's story. There times I was so frustrated with the two of them because they let the little things get in the way of something true. Addie finally admits to herself how she truly feels about Nick and decides that the only she can stay sane is to get as far away from Nick as soon as possible. Nick keeps thinking about how things might have turned out if he would have just acted upon his feelings towards her when they were in high school. ...more
Avid
Nov 25, 2016 Avid rated it it was ok
2 stars on Goodreads = it was okay.
The novel was overly predictable, but somewhat enjoyable. The romance was supported by the length of time the characters had known each other and their shared history. There were technical problems with the plot, in that one of the concerns for Nick was that being on television might put unwanted attention on him and jeopardize his ability to protect his clients. That issue was never resolved, and it irritated me throughout the whole novel. Otherwise, meh. The
Danielle
Nov 11, 2016 Danielle rated it really liked it
Free book for kindle!

Predictable but worth the read. Two best friends strike a bargain to help each other out. He needs to be unavailable to his clients at work and she needs the financial support. The deal was to get married for 5 years and keep their relationship strictly platonic. What could go wrong? They win a free honeymoon which is part of a reality Tv show and the lines get blurred.

4 stars out of 5.
J.L.
Dec 06, 2016 J.L. rated it really liked it
I read this while on vacation in St. Lucia. The premise of the story is good. Two friends get married to help one another out. So not a real wedding but what the heart does not know in the beginning it can be learned as the marriage progresses. When the heart and mind meet well maybe things are not as pretend as they may seem. I enjoyed the book and will look to read other books by this author. This is the first book I read by her. Good easy beach read.
Linda Dunn chilson
Nov 07, 2016 Linda Dunn chilson rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed Very Much

You can't always control emotions, but you can fool yourself that you can turn a lifelong friendship into a 5 yr platonic marriage. Well that's what Nick and Addie think. Melissa McClone gives you this enjoyable story. As always she does such a great job of putting you into the story, you feel the ups, downs, fun, emotions, doubt, and finally realization. And as with all her books I could not put it down.
Would I recommend this book, definitely.
Cassie
Nov 26, 2016 Cassie rated it liked it
A nice book. She did a good job of making the transition between best friends to true loves believable and I liked Nicks character. However I found it a little repetitive in parts and I did not like Addie, she was a immature and annoying.

One more thing, I really have no interest in reading Emily's story, the writer should have made her more likeable.
Donna
Nov 08, 2016 Donna rated it it was ok
Not quite

This was recommended as clean. Maybe to some, it is. There were no bedroom scenes. There was a lot of lusting with borderline descriptions. So... Clean? Not enough for me. And while I'm up here on my soapbox, why are the men often OVER experienced!? This guy was an admitted man whore who constantly talked suggestively. She deserved better. All women do.
Isabelle Joshua
Nov 20, 2016 Isabelle Joshua rated it liked it
Cute fun story

It was a quick and easy read. Kept my mind distracted from any other things. Finished it in a day. Why did I rate it a 3, because I didn't feel anything. I felt like the story was being told to me, I wasn't wrapped up in it. While I generally like the characters, there wasn't much there. The story line was so-so and not too compelling. But I didn't hate it; it was okay and a distraction.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Nov 30, 2016 Michelle Ferrari-Johnson rated it really liked it
False or True

This is a sweet and quick read. The main characters are childhood friends. When the world is crumbling around them they turn to each other for help. What starts off as an arrangement between friends soon escalates into more than either realized possible.

No cliffhangers, no major drama, just a love story ~
Neilliza Swaffar
Nov 17, 2016 Neilliza Swaffar rated it really liked it
A simple, but yet addicting story. Nick and Adalaide are so loving and sweet. Their friendship is nothing but adorable. So of course a person likes me who loves all the sweetness, will love this story. Can't wait to read more.
Subhashree
Nov 09, 2016 Subhashree rated it it was ok
Honestly, there isn’t anything new or different in this novel. It is a very common storyline, a very dated one actually. Read more at kryppticbooks.wordpress.com.
Alice Lopez
Nov 13, 2016 Alice Lopez rated it it was amazing
A sweet love story. Very well written. I would recommend this book i

A sweet love story . it was very well written. I t took you thru their friendship since age 5 and how they were meant for each other.
DawnMarie Carpintero
Interesting

3 stars

I am so sorry this book didn't make me all warm and fuzzy. What it did do was confuse the heck out of me in places. The blurb caught me but the book not so much.

Happy Reading
Gail
Nov 16, 2016 Gail rated it liked it
Interesting idea-a couple who have been friends for a long time find themselves serving each other by getting married. He needs a wife to placate his boss and she needs a home. A friend sends them on a honeymoon which turns into a TV show.
Stephanie
Nov 07, 2016 Stephanie rated it liked it
Nothing was holding my interest and I wanted something cute and quick and this was just what I needed. It was a good fake relationship story with likable characters and no graphic scenes. The ending got a little too cheesy, but overall I enjoyed it.
Bargain Basement: $0.99 Kindle Countdown Deal - Sweet Romance 1 4 Aug 17, 2014 08:00AM
  • Beauty and the Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #1)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (The Canadays of Montana #1)
  • The Honeymoon Trap (Jackson Brothers, #1; The Honeymoon Series, #4)
  • The Bride Who Wouldn't (Honeymoon #1)
  • She's the One (Island Bliss, #2)
  • Where There's a Will (Whiskey River, #1)
  • Montana Darling (Big Sky Mavericks, #3)
  • Second Chance Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #2)
  • The Kidnapped Christmas Bride (Taming of the Sheenans #3; A Marietta Christmas #5)
  • A Game of Brides (The Great Wedding Giveaway #6; The Montana Millionaires #2)
  • The Unexpected Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #4)
  • Finally His Bride (Montana Born Brides, #4)
  • Two Nights With His Bride (Montana Born Brides, #6; Wild Montana Nights, #2)
  • Late Last Night (Montana Riverbend, #1)
  • Her Secret Prince (Royal Holiday, #2)
  • Pick Me (Loveless & Dunn #2; Magnolia Bay #3)
  • Tease Me, Cowboy (Montana Born Rodeo, #1)
  • Taming the Beast (Fairy Tales of New York, #3)
292027
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, two daughters, son, dog and too many cats! I write "sweeter" contemporary romance novels for Harlequin and Tule Publishing.
More about Melissa McClone...

Honeymoon (4 books)
  • The Bride Who Wouldn't (Honeymoon #1)
  • Second Chance Honeymoon (Honeymoon #2)
  • The Honeymoon Trap (Jackson Brothers, #1; The Honeymoon Series, #4)