Start by marking “Trees #2” as Want to Read:
Trees #2

Trees #2 (Trees)

An Arctic research station. An Italian coastal town with an occult legacy. A new city in China. The future is being written in these places, in the shadow of a strange alien invasion that has become a historical mystery.
Paperback, Single Issue, 23 pages
Published June 25th 2014 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Trees #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trees #2

Sam Quixote
Jul 02, 2014 Sam Quixote rated it it was ok
If I weren’t reading his Moon Knight series, which are self-contained stories in each issue, I’d say that Warren Ellis has forgotten how to write comics, based on Trees. His recent forays into novels seems to have bled over to his and Jason Howard’s Image series with the second issue feeling like it doesn’t so much as begin and end as it’s a piece of a larger story arbitrarily separated from the main and presented as an awkward single issue.

Not a whole lot happens in Trees #2. The researchers in
Leah
Aug 07, 2014 Leah rated it liked it

Look at that cover! Look at it! This was the cover that caught my eye and why I picked up this series in the first place. So, imagine my surprise when it was my least favorite of the three current issues. Because the cover is amazing!

I think that this story is going to be epic, but because there are so many plots, subplots, characters, places, etc. going on, these beginning issues may suffer a bit, until the world is fully developed, and Warren Ellis is able to get into the meat of the story. I
Callie Rose Tyler
Jul 06, 2014 Callie Rose Tyler rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This issue was not as good as the first. I think it was due to too much skipping around the world instead of concentrating on the most interesting characters and setting, the scientists in Siberia. I understand that the author wants the reader to understand the gravity of the situation but I think that it is important for us to get to know a handful of characters first so that we feel connected and invested.
Luis
Nov 14, 2016 Luis rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
La trama sigue, los personajes y lugares se asientan. El misterio sigue, y así también la lectura.
Vamos por el tomo 3.
Margaret Topel
Nov 10, 2014 Margaret Topel rated it really liked it
Shelves: single-issue
Glad I stuck with this after being slightly underwhelmed by issue 1. After issue 2, I'm much more interested. Even though it still focuses on multiple (currently unconnected) plot lines, I saw more cohesiveness in this issue. Everything I read makes me want to know more about the Trees. My favorite plot line so far is the group of researchers stationed at the base of a Tree. I'm hoping to see more on them soon. The focus on some of the characters there helped me feel more grounded in the story.
مصطفي سليمان

مش هكملها الا لما تكمل لو قدرت

Jan Philipzig
Aug 28, 2014 Jan Philipzig rated it it was ok
Shelves: image, sci-fi
Not much happening here, apart from people talking about things we still don't fully understand. At this point, the story feels too fractured and directionless to build any kind of momentum or suspense, and I am increasingly getting the impression that it was forced into the single-issue format.

I am still curious about those trees, though, so here's hoping things start falling into place soon.
Tim Nowotny
Jan 11, 2015 Tim Nowotny rated it really liked it
I read all eight of the comics in one sitting. Partly as I have not read a comic for far too long but also because the story is interesting. Now I am excited in which direction this will go. I have to admit that this can go awry in a number of ways. But so far I enjoyed everything by Ellis very much. I have confidence.
Amber
Jan 06, 2016 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
This issue isn't easy to follow as the characters talk about things the reader likely isn't going to fully understand.

It's a lot of research, some politics and unspoken personal issues brought up in this issue but it's hard to discern a plot or tell where it is supposed to be going.
Brent
Jun 29, 2014 Brent rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of great comics, sf, and these fine creators
Recommended to Brent by: these fine creators and The Book Nook
Shelves: comics, fiction, sf
Hm got to reread the setup together with this again.
Warren Ellis can really get a sf premise across, though. This book has a tone unlike others, and that's why I follow. The artist, with whom I am unfamiliar, really rocks, too.
Recommended.
John Trent
Aug 08, 2014 John Trent rated it it was ok
Trees #2 is lacking. It lacks action, it lacks compelling characters, even the plotline lacked in progression. Read more at http://boundingintocomics.blogspot.co...
Anie
Jun 02, 2015 Anie rated it really liked it
This was a good developing issue---I'm definitely starting to get excited about this comic. Marsh. Eligia. I'm so intrigued.
Steven
Nov 15, 2014 Steven rated it it was ok
Not so much going on in this episode - the Trees are still ignoring us.
here ami
here ami rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Elizabeth Scott
Elizabeth Scott rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Imogene
Imogene rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Mira Beg
Mira Beg rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Fabián
Fabián rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Greta Grenade
Greta Grenade rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Callan Fromm
Callan Fromm rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Amadera M
Amadera M rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Jim Ef
Jim Ef rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Tiffany Fox
Tiffany Fox rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Patred
Patred rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Stefan  Aguilera
Stefan Aguilera rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2016
Eli
Eli rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
Katchoo Chinaski
Katchoo Chinaski rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Alex Wren
Alex Wren rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Saga #29
  • Alex + Ada #5
  • Bitch Planet #3
  • Wytches #3
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more
More about Warren Ellis...

Trees (2 books)
  • Trees, Vol. 1: In Shadow (Trees, #1)
  • Trees, Vol. 2: Two Forests (Trees, #2)