Start by marking “Talking To Strangers” as Want to Read:
Talking To Strangers

Talking To Strangers

Caroline, aged 10, is missing and was last seen climbing into a black car with a stranger. Maggie consequently sees menace everywhere. Her new neighbour is very suspicious - he's got a black car, and she saw him bury a child's belongings.
Published September 4th 2006 by Scholastic, (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Talking To Strangers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking To Strangers

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsStolen by Lucy ChristopherSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Kidnapped!
644 books — 1,721 voters
Stolen by Lucy ChristopherCaged by Onaiza KhanThe Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. CooneyLiving Dead Girl by Elizabeth ScottThe Cellar by Natasha Preston
YA Kidnapping
100 books — 58 voters

More lists with this book...

Lu
Jun 29, 2010 Lu rated it liked it
It was a good book, i guess with it's subject matter it was bound to be a bit depressing but it kept me engaged, i also think that although the book was short it was a good short if you catch my meaning, it got to the points that people wanted to read and gave a good solid ending.
Tazzie Dee
Apr 23, 2017 Tazzie Dee rated it liked it
Scandal hits a small town community when little Caroline Mitchell goes missing. Maggie teams up with Caroline’s best friend Amy and Amy’s brother John to try and find out what happened to her. Their search leads them to Maggie’s mysterious new neighbour who was seen burying children’s belongings in his back garden. But is he really behind Caroline’s disappearance or could it be someone much closer to Maggie?

A good mystery for teens and young adults.
Steph
Sep 25, 2010 Steph rated it it was ok
Young Caroline disappears from her housing estate one afternoon, causing panic within the community. Maggie is the last person to have seen her alive, climbing into a dark car. Left to spend the summer alone whilst her best friend abroad, Maggie attempts to investigate the abduction with the help of a local boy, and quickly becomes suspicious of her new, mysterious neighbour. I found Maggie’s emerging memories of her own previous brush with a predator (the subtly creepy Material Man) to be more ...more
Oscar
Dec 21, 2016 Oscar rated it it was amazing
It was nice, relaxing, I kinda like it. I didn't expect the way it ended though, I was kinda shocked because i thought the murderer will be someone who we didn't met on earlier. I just couldn't imagine someone from the main characters to be the killer. It's nothing special, it's short but relaxing. I recommend.
Brittany
Sep 15, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it
A somewhat memorable read about a girl that's abducted and the struggle her family and friends go through. Very similar, however, to other books written about this same topic in that if you read 3 or more and go back to them in a few years, you will most likely mix up facts.
Vanessa E
Feb 15, 2008 Vanessa E rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Advanced readers from the age of 12+
Recommended to Vanessa E by: A class mate of mine said that anne cassidy is a good author.
This book is a powerfully written, intriguing crime novel. It's about a little girl called Caroline Mitchell who was spotted climbing into a car of a man, no one seems to know, she has been missing ever since.
Tabitha Munyaka
Nov 09, 2012 Tabitha Munyaka rated it it was amazing
loved it not what i was expecting!!
Caitlin
Feb 12, 2013 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
This book was soooo good so many twists and turn i couldn't put it down. Read it in like two days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather
Jul 02, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this book at all. It felt rushed, it lacked the suspense usually found in crime stories and the characters were poorly developed.
Jessica
Apr 03, 2013 Jessica rated it did not like it
Disappointing, I'd read a previous book of hers and it was really inticing whereas this one I could not get into so therefore I didn't finish it.
Jeff Tonks
Jan 31, 2016 Jeff Tonks rated it it was ok
Standard fare from author Anne Cassidy. Not bad for an untaxing read but not one of the author's better stories.
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2014
Gemma
Gemma rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Megan Harnett
Megan Harnett rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2011
Oceana
Oceana rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2011
Emmy
Emmy rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Abbie James
Abbie James rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Charlotte Power
Charlotte Power rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Maisie Tang
Maisie Tang rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Bianca
Bianca rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2010
HBThoms
HBThoms rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Jessie Harper
Jessie Harper rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Felicity
Felicity rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Amishaa
Amishaa rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Noshin Choudhury
Noshin Choudhury rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
May 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Sweetie
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Goblin Fruit
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me #1-2)
  • Taken
  • Fallout (The Phoenix Files, #5)
  • House of Bones (Point Horror Unleashed)
  • Broken
  • Our Little Secret
  • Fierce September (Juno, #2)
  • Sold
  • Jinx
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Now You're One of Us
  • Contaminated (Contaminated, #1)
  • How to Marry a Warlock in 10 Days (10 Days, #2)
  • The Silver Blade (French Revolution, #2)
  • Backwards