Start by marking “Kick the Clutter: Clear Out Excess Stuff Without Losing What You Love” as Want to Read:
Kick the Clutter: Clear Out Excess Stuff Without Losing What You Love

Kick the Clutter: Clear Out Excess Stuff Without Losing What You Love

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Is your stuff pushing you out of your home?Find hundreds of proven (and painless) tips for clearing out your clutter room-by-room and top to bottom in Kick the Clutter. For each room, you'll learn how to identify key objects you really love or need, how to separate yourself from stuff you never liked but feel you "have" to keep, and how to let go of those sentimental keeps ...more
Published August 19th 2008 by Rodale Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kick the Clutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kick the Clutter

Kristi Strong
A must-read for anyone with emotional ties to "things". While I could see that this book is not for everyone, especially those who are organized, it is wonderful for those with emotional ties to clutter.
Kick the Clutter not only gives ideas for how to get rid of/organize the clutter, but also why we accumulate it in the first place. It is only once we address the emotional ties to the clutter (gift from a deceased parent? tie to childhood?)that we can truly let it go.
I feel like this is the firs
Ruthmgon
Skimming through this and reading some is exhausting. And not just a little intimidating. Its very thick. Its very perky! There are tips for putting away your kids stuffed animals in different colored hampers. Tips for storing stuff on top of the fridge, and locking up chemicals that are bad for kids (really!--not a huge news flash there) and keeping your holiday decorations separated by season--chronologically! Thanks but no from me.

This book veers from the clutter title and is really an idea
Julie
This book has some good ideas in it for managing clutter, but regurgitates them over and over to turn what could have easily been a ~100 page book into a whopping 450+ pages of repetition. At least is it a pretty quick read, and the chapter titles and index make it a decent resource if you need to refer back to something.
Danni
Holy Cow what a lot of information. While reading this book I got the courage to clean my laundry room. It looks so much better. For the last two years it has kind of been construction head quarters. Now it is a laundry room. I am going to clean out my make-up bag next. I am glad I read this book.
Denise
This is a big book, 472 pages. Most of the book is just common sense. There were some helpful hints on getting rid of your stuff. All I can say is the book was okay, but maybe I was expecting too much.
Samantha
Full of lots of good tips that I've heard before. I mostly skimmed it for renewed motivation.
Wanda Presley
Wanda Presley is currently reading it
May 16, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Ewakefie
Ewakefie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Sep 04, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
Apr 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
C. Colston Burrell is a garden designer, photographer, naturalist and award winning writer. He is author of several books, including Hellebores: A Comprehensive Guide (winner of the 2007 AHS Book Award), Native Alternatives to Invasive Plants, Rodales Illustrated Encyclopedia of Perennials, revised in 2004, Perennials for Todays Gardens, Perennial Combinations, (a Garden Book Club best selling tit ...more
More about Ellen Phillips...
Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Perennials Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed!: How to Write Letters of Complaint That Get Results Pet's Letters to God 2 Everything You Need to Know about the Menopause: A Comprehensive Guide to Surviving - And Thriving! - During This Turbulent Life Stage Unbekannte Welten