Start by marking “In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation” as Want to Read:
In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation

In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Harvard professor Stephen J. Gould, on CNN's Crossfire in November of 1999, said no legitimate scientist in the world believes the Genesis account of creation. So the question was posed, Would any educated, self-respecting scientist with a PhD advocate a literal interpretation of the six days of creation? Its hard enough to find a theologian who adheres to such a credo. Mo ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Master Books (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about In Six Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Six Days

David
Excellent book.It helped me to realise that God did just what His written Word said He did in Genesis.I like to read articles that tell us how big the Universe is anyway.You learn facts like this for example:like how long would it take ...with our current technology and with enough engines etc. just to get to the first star, not our own sun but the star called Proxima Centauri , the star that is roughly 4.3 light-years away.They estimate that it would take 150,000 years to get there.150,000 yea ...more
Victoria Gurr
OMGSH!!!!!!! This book was so amazing, I loved it to death, I plan to read it over and over again. You just can't believe how many scientist don't believe in creation. Everything is right there it should be a duh. It was unbelievable!
Vicki
The scientists chosen to write essays on this topic do an excellent job of presenting evidence for Biblical creation and pointing out obvious holes in the Darwinian theory of evolution. The only down-side to this book is the fact that many of the writers cite similar facts, so once you have read half the book you are re-reading much of the same information. Still a great resource!
Ohsomanybooks
One of the best cases for creationism I have yet read
Molly
The reason I found this collection of essays interesting is that the writers not only believe in intelligent design, but in a six-day creation. The essays are by scientists who have found, in their own work or the others' research, evidence of creation. Specific examples range from agricultural evidence and biology to astronomy and physics. More philosophical evidence is also given. I found this book very comforting, as Christianity is commonly accused of being anti-science.
Ernest
This was a very thought provoking book. It successfully shows that not all scientists view the concept of creation as incorrect nor wholly believe evolution. The scientists’ faith is visible, especially in putting their names to a publication which could diminish their standing with the wider public. However, as a non-scientist, the arguments presented were at times too technical for me and I was not in a position to accurately verify their beliefs.
Jessica
Dec 29, 2014 Jessica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone - believers and non-believers alike
Recommended to Jessica by: me
I loved this book. Some essays were better than others and it is clear that not every author was writing for the exact same purpose, but each essay had something important to say. I learned a ton about faith and science and I feel that this book as helped me to deepen my faith in a way that no other book, sermon, etc. has before.
Shawn
Great! Repeatedly through out the book was the testimony of many men who once held to belief in evolution that eventually crumbled under the weight of the evidence. So much for young earth creationism only being the belief of those "wacky fundamentalists" who do not know anything about "science".
Grace
Had to really concentrate and read one chapter at a time; All 50 scientists who contributed to this book, through faith and scientific fact came to the conclusion that God's Word is true and everthing had its origin not so very long ago, in the beginning, in 6 days
Samuel
It’s a great resource, with plenty of references to additional reading!
Scott Collingwood
Thought-ptovoking ...
Joel
Joel added it
Jan 22, 2015
Jeff Mcclees
Jeff Mcclees marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Joe Westbrook
Joe Westbrook marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Ricardo
Ricardo marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Eric
Eric added it
Dec 26, 2014
Sydney Machokoto
Sydney Machokoto marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
  • The Lie: Evolution
  • Refuting Evolution: A Handbook for Students, Parents, and Teachers Countering the Latest Arguments for Evolution
  • Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of the Human Fossils
  • Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth? Why Much of What We Teach About Evolution Is Wrong
  • Reason in the Balance: The Case Against Naturalism in Science, Law & Education
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • Darwin's Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution
  • The Case for Easter: A Journalist Investigates the Evidence for the Resurrection
  • The Incomparable Christ
  • Redeeming Science: A God-Centered Approach
  • The Lost Art of Disciple Making
  • The Collected Works of C.S. Lewis
  • Mind Siege: The Battle for Truth
  • The World Treasury of Physics, Astronomy & Mathematics from Albert Einstein to Stephen W. Hawking & from Annie Dillard to John Updike
  • The Heart of Evangelism
  • The Desire of Ages (Conflict of the Ages Series)
  • Introduction to the History of Christianity
  • Russia at War: 1941-1945
Unwrapping the Pharaohs: How Egyptian Archaeology Confirms the Biblical Timeline [With DVD] Evolution Impossible : 12 Reasons Why Evolution Cannot Explain Life on Earth On the Seventh Day The God Factor: 50 Scientists And Academics Explain Why They Believe In God The Big Argument: Does God Exist?: Twenty-Four Scholars Explore How Science, Archaeology, and Philosophy Haven't Disproved God