Start by marking “In Six Days” as Want to Read:
In Six Days

In Six Days

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In Six Days presents fifty doctorate-holding scientists from around the globe who certainly advocate a literal six-day creation and give sound scientific reasoning for doing so. Topics discussed include the Big Bang Theory, the decay of the magnetic field, irreducible complexity, the radioactive dating of rocks, and the fossil record.
Published April 13th 2001 by New Leaf Press (AR) (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about In Six Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Six Days

David
Jan 07, 2015 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genesis-1-1-gem
Excellent book.It helped me to realise that God did just what His written Word said He did in Genesis.I like to read articles that tell us how big the Universe is anyway.You learn facts like this for example:like how long would it take ...with our current technology and with enough engines etc. just to get to the first star, not our own sun but the star called Proxima Centauri , the star that is roughly 4.3 light-years away.They estimate that it would take 150,000 years to get there.150,000 yea ...more
Victoria Gurr
Dec 04, 2008 Victoria Gurr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMGSH!!!!!!! This book was so amazing, I loved it to death, I plan to read it over and over again. You just can't believe how many scientist don't believe in creation. Everything is right there it should be a duh. It was unbelievable!
Jason McIntire
Dec 16, 2015 Jason McIntire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Read this in 2013 to preview for a skeptic friend. First few chapters are pretty interesting; after that, the reasoning starts to repeat and it gets a bit dull. To me, what's important about this book is not its content but its very existence. Many skeptics believe that biblical creation is an irrational school of thought, the sole province of illiterate fundamentalist fanatics. When you hand them a book in which 50 scientists assert otherwise, that might occasion a bit of rethinking - maybe eno ...more
Todd Stockslager
Jun 09, 2015 Todd Stockslager rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Just like the title says. Some scientists here have written their responses specifically for this book, others are obviously taken from other articles. Either way, the weight of evidence and logic weighs throughout to show the requirement for design, intelligent design, creative power and design beyond human comprehension.

The cumulative impact is impressive.

When I wrote my review, among the suggested tags were "bad science" and "creationist crap." Some reviewers apparently struggled in applying
Vicki
Apr 17, 2014 Vicki rated it really liked it
The scientists chosen to write essays on this topic do an excellent job of presenting evidence for Biblical creation and pointing out obvious holes in the Darwinian theory of evolution. The only down-side to this book is the fact that many of the writers cite similar facts, so once you have read half the book you are re-reading much of the same information. Still a great resource!
Stanley Daugherty
Jun 04, 2015 Stanley Daugherty rated it it was amazing
Very good. If nothing else, it makes you think about creationism vs. evolution.
Ohsomanybooks
Nov 30, 2014 Ohsomanybooks rated it it was amazing
One of the best cases for creationism I have yet read
Molly
Sep 09, 2009 Molly rated it really liked it
The reason I found this collection of essays interesting is that the writers not only believe in intelligent design, but in a six-day creation. The essays are by scientists who have found, in their own work or the others' research, evidence of creation. Specific examples range from agricultural evidence and biology to astronomy and physics. More philosophical evidence is also given. I found this book very comforting, as Christianity is commonly accused of being anti-science.
Ernest
Aug 09, 2011 Ernest rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very thought provoking book. It successfully shows that not all scientists view the concept of creation as incorrect nor wholly believe evolution. The scientists’ faith is visible, especially in putting their names to a publication which could diminish their standing with the wider public. However, as a non-scientist, the arguments presented were at times too technical for me and I was not in a position to accurately verify their beliefs.
Jessica
Dec 29, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone - believers and non-believers alike
Recommended to Jessica by: me
I loved this book. Some essays were better than others and it is clear that not every author was writing for the exact same purpose, but each essay had something important to say. I learned a ton about faith and science and I feel that this book as helped me to deepen my faith in a way that no other book, sermon, etc. has before.
Shawn
Feb 28, 2013 Shawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: science
Great! Repeatedly through out the book was the testimony of many men who once held to belief in evolution that eventually crumbled under the weight of the evidence. So much for young earth creationism only being the belief of those "wacky fundamentalists" who do not know anything about "science".
Grace
Jun 02, 2012 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had to really concentrate and read one chapter at a time; All 50 scientists who contributed to this book, through faith and scientific fact came to the conclusion that God's Word is true and everthing had its origin not so very long ago, in the beginning, in 6 days
Samuel
Mar 01, 2013 Samuel rated it it was amazing
It’s a great resource, with plenty of references to additional reading!
Scott Collingwood
Jan 29, 2011 Scott Collingwood rated it liked it
Thought-ptovoking ...
Martin C
Martin C marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Erika Nederveld
Erika Nederveld is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2016
James
James added it
Jun 04, 2016
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Hannah Mason
Hannah Mason marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Bill Nitardy
Bill Nitardy rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Peter Holyland
Peter Holyland rated it it was ok
May 26, 2016
Brooklynn
Brooklynn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Marc E
Marc E added it
Apr 19, 2016
Brennan
Brennan marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Timothy McGhee
Timothy McGhee marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kyle
Kyle is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2016
Kerry Letheby
Kerry Letheby rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Geoff Sankey
Geoff Sankey rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
  • Refuting Evolution: A Handbook for Students, Parents, and Teachers Countering the Latest Arguments for Evolution
  • The Lie: Evolution
  • Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of the Human Fossils
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • Reason in the Balance: The Case Against Naturalism in Science, Law Education
  • Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth? Why Much of What We Teach About Evolution Is Wrong
  • Darwin's Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution
  • The Answers Book: The 20 Most-Asked Questions About Creation, Evolution & the Book of Genesis Answered! Revised & Expanded Edition
  • The Incomparable Christ
  • In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood
  • 7 Men Who Rule the World from the Grave
  • The Collected Works of C.S. Lewis
  • Redeeming Science: A God-Centered Approach
  • The Case for Easter: A Journalist Investigates the Evidence for the Resurrection
  • The Lost Art of Disciple Making