Start by marking “No Matter What” as Want to Read:
No Matter What

No Matter What (Emma Dodd's Love You Books)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  300 ratings  ·  44 reviews
A mama elephant knows her baby and all of his moods. ?Sometimes you?re happy. Sometimes you?re sad. Sometimes you?re good. Sometimes you?re bad.? But no matter what, one special little elephant will always know his mother?s love. The love shines on the foil-splashed, padded cover and all the way through this color-saturated book.

Published March 27th 2008 by Dutton Juvenile (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about No Matter What, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Matter What

This is adorable, but is it wrong to say that my favorite part was the shininess of the illustrations? The silver is just so beautifully incorporated that even I was ooh-ing over the prettiness.
Nice sentiment about unconditional love. Lovely simple illustrations. The love between the mother elephant and it's child are apparent in the subtle drawings.

I do, however, have a problem with labeling the child with their behaviors. Child psychologists teach that you should be careful to tell a child that their behavior is bad, they are not bad. Children learn to believe what they're told by those they love and trust, and can grow to believe that they are a bad child. Unfortunately, this simpl
The title we have at the library is "Always" but I'm pretty sure it's the same text.

Great one on one story for bedtime.
apparently this is a new edition of the same book entitled "no matter what". would make a great gift book.
Cute. It is another one of the parent love book. I still prefer Nancy Tillman's Wherever You Are My Love Will Find Youif you are looking for this type of book. For me, I had more of an emotional reaction to that one. This one was just cute and got the message across.
Little ones are sometimes, happy, sad, scared, or bad … but momma always loves them. This little elephant plays in the mud, hides from a mouse, and chases the birds. Some of the images include bits of silver on the pages making the simple drawings sparkle. Simple text and illustrations make this a delightful read for parent and child.
This is an adorable children's book, simply written, with interesting illustrations. I really enjoyed the simplicity of it. The odd thing about it is that when I found and read it, it is actually under a different title, called "Always." This book could really be for any age, as the message of the story is unconditional love.
First off this book's illustrations are exceptional! There is some metallic foil in some of the pages that just make the story pop.

It is also a great story in the fact that is covers "Some times your good, sometimes your bad ....but I will always love you"

I think I want to look at the pictures again ;-)
I love this book! The illustrations are adorable and the text simple. She uses a silver metallic ink that really makes the illustrations pop. It talks about the baby elephant sometimes being happy, sad and many other emotions! Very adorable.
We simply had to use this simple book about opposites told from baby elephant's point of view because a) it works very well as a read-aloud to young children, b) the last page is a double-page spread of a star filled night sky and c) is gently reassuring that "no matter WHAT you say or do, it makes no difference... I love you!"

The starry night tied into our "Arabian Nights" Middle Eastern theme and served to introduce one of our craft activities. We found a simple idea that uses black or dark bl
5* art
3* words

A simple explanation of unconditional love. The illustrations are great. Squirt wasn't over-excited by it, though.
Bookaday #151. Adorable illustrations of a baby elephant and parent, rhyming text, and metallic details on some pages.
I would give the 2 page spread that says 'Sometimes you're clean' 5 stars! Wonderful:)
Michelle Gray
This would be fun in a feelings storytime. The pictures are just adorable. :)
Beautiful book with even more beautiful illustrations.
Cindy Williams
The metallic in the illustrations bumped it to 4 stars.
I always love shiny things and this book is full of shiny!
No matter what you say or do...I love you.
cute, simple, great book to read with your child.
Pretty artwork of silver rain
Gorgeous illustrations.
Emily Hudak
AKA Always in US
So sweet! A perfect bedtime book to cuddle with baby while reading.
I love the pictures in this book and the premise of the story -- good for ECE readers who are learning that feelings are ok and that no matter what, someone loves us.
Love Emma Dodd's books!! Although the title we have of this one is called "Always" which goes nice with the other title we own by Dodd titled "Forever" both are wonderful reads, that as a mother definitely tugged on my heart strings, plus these books are just adorable! One of my go to buys for new mommies!
I loved this book! It shows opposites as told by a mother elephant to her baby, and it really emphasizes that there's nothing a child can do to make their parent stop loving them. I think the moms at storytime enjoyed this more than their toddlers, but I think toddlers would really like it one on one.
Ariel Cummins
Cute little lesson about opposites and feelings.

Bold lines and bright colors show the sweet scenes of a baby elephant practicing all his moods.

Excellent for a baby story time, because it's got only a sentence of text on each page, and it's full of great words to know for tiny folks!
"No Matter What" is the same book as "Always" with about six different words, and minus the shiny paper.
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Oh, Daddy!
  • Night Light
  • Peek-a-Moo!
Emma Dodd Author/Illustrator

Emma was brought up in Guildford, Surrey, in a family of artists and from as far back as she can remember she has wanted to be an illustrator.
Emma studied Graphic Design and Illustration at Central Saint Martin's School of Art and has worked extensively in advertising, editorial and book illustration.
She was nominated for the Booktrust Early Years Award in 2006 for her
More about Emma Dodd...

Emma Dodd's Love You Books (7 books)
  • Forever