Start by marking “Moondog Verse: One Independent School Teacher's Manifesto and Manual for Teaching Creative Writing to Middle Schoolers” as Want to Read:

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
A former student once wrote to Dave Winans, "Thanks for understanding that we're kids and yet not treating us like we are." With that sentiment in mind, Winans wrote "Moondog Verse" or what he refers to as "one independent school teacher's manifesto and manual for teaching creative writing to middle schoolers." While offering advice on how to approach and treat students wi ...more
Published December 10th 2004 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Moondog Verse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moondog Verse

Eliza
Apr 13, 2012 Eliza rated it liked it
Shelves: teacher-stuff, poetry
I like the way this guy thinks :) If only I had a beach across the street from my school. Instead, my room is a portable cubby surrounded by chainlink fence since we're so close to the river. His students all sound amazingly clever and well-read. Most of mine would only pickup a book to chuck it at someone's head :/ But I love my kids and will def be trying some of the author's ideas :)
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015