Sit, Walk, Stand (Repkg)

Sit, Walk, Stand (Repkg)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,291 ratings  ·  75 reviews
An inspiring look at Ephesians and the believer's association with Christ, the world, and Satan.
Published November 4th 1977 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published June 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Sit, Walk, Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sit, Walk, Stand

Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Reason for God by Timothy KellerThe Great Divorce by C.S. LewisConfessions by Augustine of Hippo
The Christian Intellect
320th out of 460 books — 425 voters
Unearthly by Cynthia HandDelirium by Lauren OliverCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Books I'm going to read
473rd out of 775 books — 362 voters

More lists with this book...

Nole
Sep 03, 2008 Nole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: you
Recommended to Nole by: Josh Smith
This is one of those books that took me longer to read than I would have thought when I looked at its diminutive size. I found myself reading a page and then going back to read it again several times. There were some very timely lessons for my own life in this book. This will be one of those books that I will go back and read again from time to time.
Todd Hudnall
Sit, Walk, Stand is based on the three key words which divide the book of Ephesians into its basic sections. Our position in Christ is one of sitting, our life in the world is one of walking and our attitude toward Satan is one of standing. The Christian's entire life is to be founded and lived out from the finished work of Jesus. In it's 78 pages the book concisely sums up a massive amount of Biblical theology and applies it to the believer's every day life. Watchman Nee takes the grand theolog...more
Tal
when it comes to books that make an impact, change your thinking and move you beyond where you thought you could go, this book was it for me! so much insight and understanding! so much pressure removed! WOW! i must admit that the "walk" section did not impact me as much as the other two did, but this book is what i have been looking for! oh to have this revelation sink into my heart and change who i am. this is a must read for anyone who really wants to walk with God.
Joe Duffy
So many of us so easily become confused with the whole grace, works, obedience thing. we are told to rest and trust god one minute then fight and run the race to win the next. This fantastic little book succinctly and clearly explains the relationship between understanding what has already been done before responding to that truth. Née is my favorite new creation teacher because he exlains so much, yet writes so little.. Clarity and brevity at its finest!. Must read!
Richard Maffeo
I read this Watchman Nee classic nearly thirty years ago. It is as fresh today and as full of spiritual insight for me as it was then. Rotted in St. Paul's letter to the Ephesians, Nee takes the reader through the steps outlines by Paul to become an overcomer in the spiritual battle all Christians face.
Haymanot
Sit, Walk, Stand is a small book with a big message. It’s sold as a study of Ephesians, but it’s much more than that. In 78 short pages the author describes the three aspects of the believer – to God, to man, and to the enemy. The best summary of the book is the one the author provides on the last page…

“The Christian life consists of sitting with Christ, walking by him and standing in him. We begin our spiritual life by resting in the finished work of the Lord Jesus. That rest is the source of o...more
fleegan
It was a good book because it's short (64 pages) and very much to the point. He kind of reminds me of Joyce Meyer in that they're both "Here's what you need to do; do it." kind of people. Although when Joyce says it it's more like, "Stop being an idiot and do what you're supposed to do." The premise of this book is basically Christians should first learn how to sit (or rest) with God. Then they should learn to walk (live a righteous life in Christ) with God, and finally they should learn to stan...more
Jeri Massi
The Apostle Paul organized the Epistle to the Ephesians into three parts:
-o- Our rest in what Christ has accomplished for us and given to us,
-o- our walk of faith in Him, side by side with Him into every encounter, and
-o- our triumph through Him (and with Him) after the suffering inflicted by the world has failed to change our place in Him.

Watchman Nee, a man who certainly suffered for Christ, boils it all down into this short book with the short title: SIT, WALK, STAND. Each word describes...more
Jim Mather
The first Christian book I ever purchased. I have returned to it year after year. Watchman Nee is a brilliant writer and his insights on the power book of Ephesians is remarkable. For a new Christian this is a remarkable book to get our spiritual growth on the right track... to be seated with Christ in heaven.... rest.... is the foundation stone for both our walk and warfare in Jesus Christ. I've read much of Watchman Nee's writing but for me, Sit,Walk,Stand is the best of all.
Taiwo Ayeni
It reveals the three progressive moves of God for Christian growth - all from the book of Ephesians. The need to sit (wait to learn at God's feet and be led) Eph 2:6; Walk (on the basis of what you have learnt and be able to make success of your life as God leads)Eph 4:1 Stand (Resist every move of the enemy to truncate your destiny) Eph 6:11
Chan-Mi
One of the best books I've read. It's only 63 pages, but each page is filled with jewels. This book has set me free from false pressure and expectations I was putting on myself. "We must know how to sit with Christ in heavenly places and we must know how to walk worthy of him down here, [and] we must also know how to stand before the foe."
Trice
Jun 25, 2010 Trice rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all Christians
How much can you put into a book that's less than 70 pages long? Ah, if Mr. Nee weren't already impressive for his faithfulness before and during the (earthly) oppression he experienced in his life. Don't know how to describe what a gift this book was to me - peacebringer. :)
Ben De Bono
Awesome, awesome book. It totally blew me away, especially the final section on warfare. I was fairly knowledgeable about spiritual warfare heading into this one, but Nee really added some perspective to the whole topic that I'd never considered before. This one's a must read.
Nathan Eckman
If you're not familiar with Watchman Nee and you're looking for a book to freshen your faith, start here. Sit, Walk, Stand is a short piece unpacking verses throughout Ephesians which will bring you to the Lord and keep you there too.
Chris Hyde
This is probably the best Christian book I've ever read. Every Christian should read it!
Patrick
God really changed my life through this book.
Jmarie214
Nee is a guy who 'gets' it.
Eben
READ THIS BOOK!
Rick Cannan
This is a great book on prayer!

Watchman Nee shows clearly how to SIT before God, WALK in his ways and STAND against the evil one and his minions.

SIT, WALK, STAND compliments The Normal Christian Life really well.

When I read it suddenly a lot of scripture on prayer came to life. All of a sudden I could grasp the deeper things of prayer. It was also important to help me understand why many Christian Giants had chosen to sit at God's feet in the same way the disciples did.
Reid
Watchman Nee was a Christian in China in the pre-WWII, and postwar years of China.

This book is a compilation of sermons from the book of Ephesians given at conferences
- sit (rest) on the work of Christ
- walk (live) out your life in line with the finished work of Christ in mind, trusting in the promises of Christ
- stand (your ground) in Christ, based on what He has done and in His power not your own

In Nee's words: "Let us first remind ourselves of the order in which Ephesians presents us with the...more
Tim
This short book doesn't waste any of your time. The author assembles a little analogy from the book if Ephesians for us when considering our spiritual life:
We first need to sit and rest in what Christ has done for us. Only then are we able to walk the life he has called us to. And after this, we are able to take our stand against the enemy's attacks.
He discusses common problems such as human effort, legalism, and preferring what is fair to what is gracious. Only by resting in Christ are we able...more
Mary
From a "religion geek" perspective, quite an amazing little book. A lot of American evangelicals love this book, even though Ni's theological perspective is saturated with aspects of Chinese religion. Call it ironic, maybe in the cosmic sense. So, along with being an outstanding example of spiritual literary art, this book has also landed in a peculiar place in the history of North American Protestantism.

Ni Duosheng, influenced by British Plymouth Brethren missionaries, was a mysterious figure....more
Andrew
Another excellent book from Nee. One you will keep coming back to in your journey of faith
Vessel Light
Simple yet powerful and to the point, Sit, Walk, Stand , refers to our relationship with God . Great read.
Jules
This little book was incredible! At least the first chapter and the last 15 pgs were. The middle was a little questionable, not as much in theory, but application. I don’t know if it would work out quiet like he describes. This book needs to be read immediately after reading Ephesians and with your bible your other hand. It had a lot - or at least some - things that I thought “must be wrong”, but then I couldn’t think of how I could biblically discredit it. This small book demands further study,...more
Nathan Metz
Feb 14, 2012 Nathan Metz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a little short and I would have enjoyed a few more pages. But, it's length serves the purpose Nee was trying to accomplish. The title itself points to specific steps which the organization of the chapters delivers. The concepts expressed by Nee were clear and concise. I found them both accessable and applicable in day to day living. While I would not recommend this book as a reference book for Ephesians, it is a good addition to anyone growing their library...more
Dave Johnson
This was so good. It took me quite a while to read because I really wanted to learn everything he talked about (I'm still working on that, btw). There's just too much stuff in here to mention it all, but the lessons I've learned about total reliance on Christ's finished work in me (sitting), allowing him to work that out in my daily life (walking), and the revelation that spiritual warfare is just holding the ground that God has already won for me (standing) and not "fighting" for it, has been i...more
Jessica Pamperin
This book had some very profound ideas related to our personal relationship with Christ. I enjoyed his ideas, but it was a very difficult read. Thank goodness we were being mentored by a couple who has read this book multiple times and knew/understood the very intricate details of the authors life and his ideology related to this book.
JoAnn Bell
Excellent. A Must READ for all Christians.
Rick
Nee can be somewhat difficult - due partly to the fact that most of his books are transcriptions of his teachings as opposed to formally edited manuscripts written by him... And then the transcription was translated from Mandarin. At any rate, you need to read a few of his books, and this one is a good one.
Grace 3 16 Aug 24, 2013 12:11PM
  • With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • A Christian Manifesto
  • A Tale of Three Kings
  • The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer
  • Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret
  • Whatever Happened to Worship?: A Call to True Worship
  • Rees Howells: Intercessor
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • Eternity in Their Hearts:  Startling Evidence of Belief in the One True God in Hundreds of Cultures Throughout the World
  • The Grace Awakening: Believing in Grace Is One Thing. Living It Is Another.
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
  • From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya: A Biographical History of Christian Missions
  • The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment
  • From Eternity to Here: Rediscovering the Ageless Purpose of God
  • A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23
  • Loving God
  • Baptism And Fullness: The Work of the Holy Spirit Today (IVP Classics)
Watchman Nee (Chinese: 倪柝聲; pinyin: Ní Tuòshēng; Foochow Romanized: Ngà̤ Táuk-sĭng; 1903–1972) was a Chinese Christian author and church leader during the early 20th century. He spent the last 20 years of his life in prison and was severely persecuted by the Communists in China. Together with Wangzai, Zhou-An Lee, Shang-Jie Song, and others, Nee founded The Church Assembly Hall, later which would...more
More about Watchman Nee...
The Normal Christian Life Spiritual Authority The Spiritual Man Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for Let Us Pray