Start by marking “The Inn at Ocean's Edge (Sunset Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Inn at Ocean's Edge (Sunset Cove, #1)

The Inn at Ocean's Edge (Sunset Cove #1)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,831 Ratings  ·  334 Reviews
Claire’s visit to a luxury hotel in Maine awakens repressed memories, threatening all she holds dear.

In 1989, Claire Dellamare disappeared from her own fourth birthday party at the Hotel Tourmaline on the island of Folly Shoals, Maine. She showed up a year later at the same hotel, with a note pinned to her dress but no explanation. Nobody knows where Claire spent that year
Published April 14th 2015 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 1st 2015)

Sabotaged by Dani PettreyA Worthy Pursuit by Karen WitemeyerAn Uncertain Choice by Jody HedlundThe Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie DickersonTo Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander
NEW 2015 Christian Fiction
28th out of 437 books — 779 voters
The Captive Maiden by Melanie DickersonShadow Hand by Anne Elisabeth StenglOnce Upon a Prince by Rachel HauckElusive Hope by MaryLu TyndallStealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
Beautiful cover design for 2013-2015 Books
243rd out of 728 books — 760 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmen Blankenship
This is not easy for me. I'm such a fan of books and of the authors who write them. I will always point out the positive when writing a review. The positive points of Colleen Coble's The Inn at Oceans Edge is that the concept of this mystery was a good one. Unfortunately, the execution of it was horrible.

Claire heads to Maine to assist her father in merger that they hope will save their hotel. Once she steps foot inside she has a panic attack but isn't sure why she is so distressed. To relax, sh
Beth
Colleen Coble is another author that I’m a little behind the curve on reading, and I hope to remedy that further in the future. The Inn at Ocean’s Edge is only the second of her novels that I’ve read, and while I wasn’t blown away by the other novel, this one was a great suspenseful read. This novel provides really great set up for upcoming books in the series, while still in keeping with what appears to be Colleen’s trademark romantic suspense.

I think what impressed me most with this story is h
Cara Putman
Apr 14, 2015 Cara Putman rated it it was amazing
The Inn at Ocean's Ridge is Colleen Coble at her best. The story is richly layered around the theme of what makes us a family. Is it blood relationships? Is it love? Is it something else?

Claire Dellamare arrives at Hotel Tourmaline ready to help her father close a merger with another company. But the moment she arrives, she has a flashback or panic attack that sends her running for the ocean. Luke Rocco is in a quandary deciding between staying in the Coast Guard or coming home to run the famil
Katherine Jones
Apr 17, 2015 Katherine Jones rated it it was ok
I never like saying I couldn’t get into a novel, especially one like this with so much clout behind it. I want to get hooked on every book I read. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen here.

It wasn’t the story itself, which is–in and of itself–intriguing. Rather, it was something, somehow, in the way it was told. Starting, perhaps, with the way that I didn’t feel the author trusted me, the reader, to connect obvious dots. Like in this brief snatch of narrative: “What had gotten into her today? First
Gretchen
Feb 22, 2016 Gretchen rated it it was amazing
This was by far my favorite Colleen Coble book yet! The suspense was so intense I felt as if I was right there with the characters. Claire was so realistic I felt for her the whole time. I thought that it was interesting that all of the characters said "fudge." I don't think there was anything in this book that I didn't like. Strong reccomendatuon!
Staci
Oct 07, 2016 Staci rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This suspense novel was filled with lots of twists and turns. I didn't figure out who the villain was until it was revealed. While the suspense and plot were strong, the romance between Luke and Claire was just o.k. In particular, the endearment "honey" bothered me each time it was used. Do thirty year olds call each other "honey"?

Overall, a solid suspense novel. I look forward to the next in the series.
Aerykah
I love this author-- she's a long-time favorite of mine. Her writing style almost always draws me in from the moment I start reading and refuses to let me go until after I close the book.

This book was wonderful! I really enjoyed it. The characters were great and the plot was terrific!

However, I figured out too much of the mystery too far before the end of the book. It was still pretty intense, though. That alone wouldn't have made me take the rating down a star, but there were a few scenes that
Apr 12, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
ISBN: 978-1401690267
Genre: Romantic suspense

Jane Stewart
Apr 04, 2016 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it even though I did not like the author using heroine stupidity and some lack of logic.

The mysteries were good and kept me guessing. I liked the family ties ideas.

Wealthy Claire meets coast guard guy Luke. A nice bond develops. They have similar interests - whales and the sea. There is no sex in the book and I’d say no sexual tension, but there is a comfortable romantic relationship developing.

(view spoiler)
JoJo Sutis
Dec 17, 2015 JoJo Sutis rated it it was amazing
The Inn At Ocean’s Edge is a mesmerizing, compelling, mysterious tale.
As haunting as a Hitchcock, this story will keep you reading late into the night. An eerie beachside hotel, brings back haunting memories for the main character and as the reader, I got to follow in her footsteps as she desperately tried to uncover the truth of the past.
Family secrets, mysterious attacks, and murder all lead to the final shocking conclusion.
If you are a fan of suspense, you will love The Inn At Ocean’s Edge!
Hannah
Honestly, I think this is Colleen Coble's best plot yet. There are more twists and turns to it than there are chapters, yet it unfolds at an even pace and is not too challenging to keep straight. Claire is an interesting character and easy to empathize with, while Luke is a good steady hero. (His being a Coastie just makes things even better!)

Also, I have to add that I found the part about the injured orca, and the facts about them and their pods, both endearing and educational! A great
Shondra
May 03, 2015 Shondra rated it it was amazing
It's been awhile since I have read a Colleen Coble book, but this one definitely had my attention with the ocean and beach theme! Let me first start out by saying...I am so glad this is the beginning of a new series with her!

I knew my review date was quickly approaching for this book, but I'd been putting it off because my plate is completely overflowing at this time...school, work, my family, and so on. My husband was going to be gone this past Friday evening, and all 3 of my children were hea
Freda Malone
Aug 27, 2015 Freda Malone rated it it was amazing
This is a really great murder mystery. I was stumped up until I was well past the halfway mark. I tend to fall for the 'coastal' murder mysteries because the terrain, the setting, the characters and lifestyles are so creative and different than my own 'city girl' life.

Lots of twists and turns with this novel and you can't seem to catch your breath before another twisted revelation appears as clues are revealed. It left some threads open to interpretation and/or continuation for the next book. I
Ginger Johnson
May 20, 2015 Ginger Johnson rated it it was ok
I can't believe all the rave reviews. I only finished it to just finish it! It was so predictable. Not very mysterious for me!
Would not recommend and this is the first written review I've done on here. Sorry... Not worth the time.
Judy Collins
A special thank you to Thomas Nelson-Fiction and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

After reading Colleen Coble’s Hope Beach series, was delighted to receive an ARC of THE INN AT OCEAN’S EDGE (Sunset Cove #1). This is one intriguing and complex multi-layered mystery suspense page-turner thriller!

Coble is at the "top of her game" with this new and exciting series of lies, dark family secrets, murder, and conspiracy.

The story opens with a brief encounter from 1989 with a
Brittany
Apr 29, 2015 Brittany rated it it was amazing
This mystery grabbed me! And, wow, what a great romance! The Inn at Ocean’s Edge was a great and spooky suspense.

I loved Claire and Luke’s relationship story. The attraction between these two made for a great romantic read. I also thought that the tension they both experienced in the beginning of the story, as they realized that they came from extremely different financial and societal positions, added an extra layer of complexity to their romance.

The mystery that must be solved in this book is
Dana
Feb 29, 2016 Dana rated it it was amazing
This I felt was a mystery within a mystery. Even though I had figured out one of them, I was compelled to keep reading to figure out the other! There were alot of twists and turns and I found it fast moving and didnt want to put it down towards the end. It was filled with mystery, suspense and of course romance, with lots of family drama thrown in. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next one in the series! Bring it on!
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Whew! There are some stellar plot twists in this book! I had an idea of how things were going to play out but I did not dream it would go in the directions it did. What a great ride! This entire series is one of Colleen Coble's best to date!! Suspense, romance, faith nudges - all just spectacularly done.
Noela
Jan 07, 2016 Noela rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, can't wait to read the next in the series!!
Julia Wilson
Apr 09, 2015 Julia Wilson rated it it was amazing
The Inn At Oceans Edge is the first book that I have read by Colleen Coble, and it definitely won't be the last. The action gripped me from start to finish. It was one of those books that just had me asking questions all the way through it. and thankfully, I had answers by the end of the novel.
Twenty five years before the story opens, Luke and Meg's mother had disappeared. At the very same time, four year old Claire had wandered away from her birthday party, and was not seen again until she came
Kelly Roll
May 21, 2015 Kelly Roll rated it did not like it

Unfortunately this book did not work for me. This does not mean that it will not work for you. Many people did enjoy the story and you could be among them.

Some of the problems I had with the book ranged from mildly annoying such as stilted dialogue in which one character will basically parrot back the exact phrase another character has used such as “you should have called an Orca rescue organization” “We were going to call an Orca rescue organization.”

Then I began to be pulled out of the story d
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Who doesn't love a great mystery? I know I've been quite a fan in recent years and was pleasantly surprised to see that Colleen Coble has taken that challenge on in her latest Sunset Cove series with the introduction of The Inn at Ocean's Edge. Be prepared to have pen and paper ready in attempts to solve the puzzle before you get to the end. I was completely unprepared for how this one would wind up and thankfully I am not a real police detective.

When Claire Dellamare arrives in at the Hotel To
Lisa Johnson
May 01, 2015 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: The Inn at Ocean’s Edge (Sunset Cove #1)
Author: Colleen Coble
Pages: 324
Year: 2015
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Luke Rocco is on leave from the Coast Guard for a month to help take care of the family business and his father who has had a stroke. His mother disappeared 25 years ago and hasn’t been heard from since so his sister has held down the fort for a few years, but now it is his turn. She has been offered a job that would take her away from their small town in Maine, but Luke isn’t sure he
Sadie
Mar 15, 2016 Sadie rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Karen
May 27, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble does romantic suspense like a seasoned pro, and this first book of her new Sunset Cove series is no exception! Full of action, mystery and multiple plot twists, it kept me guessing up to the last exciting scene. Meaningful interjections of faith, detailed descriptions of the locale, plus a few swoonworthy kisses, added that extra touch that makes her books so memorable.
A satisfying, fast-paced read for Christian contemporary romance and suspense fans!
Patty
Dec 29, 2015 Patty rated it did not like it
Horrible. Only finished it because it's short, and I wanted to see if the ridiculous "twist" I guessed in the first 20 pages was actually the way it would go. It was. The dialogue was some of the worst I've ever read.
Ellen
Sep 11, 2015 Ellen rated it it was ok
I can't believe all the rave reviews. The premise of this book was good, but the author couldn't seem to decide if she wanted it to be a mystery, a "cozy" mystery, a romance, a "Christian romance", or what. Amazon said there's a sequel to this - I hope I don't accidentally buy it.
Emily
Jul 17, 2015 Emily rated it it was ok
So many twists that by the end it got a little ridiculous. The orca swimming her to the buoy? That cracked me up!
Marinda
Feb 24, 2016 Marinda rated it it was ok
This was a strange book. It went from mystery, to pages talking about God. Out of nowhere, it turned religious, then back to normal. I won't be reading the rest of the series.
norcalgal
Jul 12, 2015 norcalgal rated it liked it
  • Thin Ice (Men of Valor #2)
  • Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor
  • Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage, #5)
  • Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)
  • Her One and Only (Porter Family, #4)
  • The Art of Losing Yourself
  • Miracle Drug
  • The Proposal at Siesta Key (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #2)
  • Serpent of Moses (Jack Hawthorne Adventure #2)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Destination Wedding #1)
  • Silence in the Dark (Logan Point, #4)
  • Through Waters Deep (Waves of Freedom, #1)
  • The Brotherhood Conspiracy (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #2)
  • Eyes of Justice
  • On Shifting Sand
  • Masterpiece Marriage (Quilts of Love)
  • Distortion (Moonlighters, #2)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Sunset Cove (3 books)
  • Mermaid Moon (Sunset Cove, #2)
  • Twilight at Blueberry Barrens (Sunset Cove #3)