Start by marking “Cover-up” as Want to Read:
Cover-up

Cover-up (Melanie Vargas #3)

Television reporter Suzanne Shepard was a ruthless celebrity scandalmonger with a roster of high-profile enemies. But which one left her mutilated, lifeless body in the dark recesses of New York's Central Park? Federal prosecutor Melanie Vargas needs to find out.

Was it the sinister Park Avenue plastic surgeon with a secret past? Or the trendy personal trainer selling recre
Published March 13th 2007 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Cover-up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover-up

Darren
Feb 17, 2017 Darren rated it really liked it
Shelves: nls
Michelle Martinez has done it again. Somehow, she manages to keep some unexpected twists and turns just lying but Neath the surface of what is really going on. Read this book and take another wild ride with Melanie and Dan. Not only with their jobs, but also with their relationship. Ride along with them as their love continues to grow, and their lives are put on the line. Experience the difficulty and emotional pain, when Melanie must continue to balance being a single mom and having a high-pres ...more
Stacy Alesi's BookBitch.com
Melanie Vargas, federal prosecutor in NYC, returns in this latest thriller from the oh-so-talented Martinez. While dining out with her boyfriend, hunky FBI agent Dan O'Reilly, she is dragged along to the scene of a murder when he is paged to respond. Vargas had been laying low, taking low profile cases in order to recover from some rough cases and spend more time with her daughter. But being that she is in the right place at the right time - the murder scene of a celebrity, tabloid TV reporter S ...more
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense
Federal prosectuer Melanie Martinez becomes involved in the investigation of the murder of a prominent tabloid journalist. The journalist was murdered in an especially brutal way, and as Melanie investigates she begins to suspect that she is being stalked herself. She needs to solve the case fast, but there are too many suspects. And her relationship with FBI agent Dan O'Reilly is a constant distraction.[return]This was a fair suspense story, but the dialogue seemed kind of stilted and the chara ...more
Debra
It rarely is a good thing to start a series in the middle. My enjoyment of Close Up probably suffered because of it.

It seemed an OK legal thriller - not terrible but not memorable. Some poor sex scenes that really seemed to be thrown in as the requisite heat pulled down my enjoyment.

Since I listened to the audiobook format, I must say that narration was fine. Again, not memorable, but her voice suited the story and pacing.
Evelyn
Nov 29, 2007 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
When a famous TV scandal reporter is found brutally murdered in Central Park, Federal prosecutor Melanie Vargas is assigned the high-profile case.

Third in the series featuring Melanie Vargas. Melanie continues to develop into a well-rounded character as we learn more about her daughter and her new love interest. Fast-paced and well-written. Highly recommended.
Patty
Jul 09, 2008 Patty rated it really liked it
A TV reporter with a long list of high-profile enemies.
But which one left her mutilated, lifeless body in the
dark recesses of New York's Central Park? Melanie has been receiving chilling e-mails from an anonymous "admirer" who knows way too much about the murder -- and about Melanie's every move. If Melanie doesn't find the killer soon, it will be to late.
Mary Beth Marion
Feb 24, 2008 Mary Beth Marion rated it really liked it
I really like this series. It's edgy enough to keep me interested, but not horrifyingly graphic. I like the secondary characters and they way they interact, and I like the fact that things are not always clear-cut. I would definitely recommend this one to fans of Linda Fairstein and Karin Slaughter.
Yolanda
Sep 21, 2014 Yolanda rated it really liked it
Melanie Vargas is a tough ADA in New York. She gets a big murder case that everyone is watching and it puts her safety at risk. I like this series, just a little romance and the violence is not too graphic, something for most.
Margaret
Jul 11, 2007 Margaret rated it really liked it
I enjoy the main character in this book and think she would make a great friend. The plot wasn't very suspenseful or surprising and her relationships with others are not very well-developed. I would read the next installment, though, because I like the honesty and integrity of the protagonist.
Book Concierge
Jan 23, 2009 Book Concierge rated it it was ok
This is an adequate thriller. On the plus side - I got really caught up in the plot. On the minus side - loose ends, a stupid female prosecutor, and an unnecessary love interest.
Pat
Oct 01, 2008 Pat rated it really liked it
Really intense and and page turner
Alma Garcia
When I started reading this book I remembered that I had read it before. But, I read it again.
Cheryl
Aug 11, 2008 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, fiction
8/10/2004
Oct 27, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it
Much better than the first two in the series...really enjoyed it.
Vivian
Oct 28, 2009 Vivian rated it did not like it
With cartoon characters and cliched prose, this book was awful and is the last Michele Martinez novel that I will try to read. No more wasting time, she's finally off my list of authors to read.
Ellen
Aug 13, 2009 Ellen rated it really liked it
M Vargas #2
Jim Moffett
Aug 29, 2013 Jim Moffett rated it really liked it
07-07
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2010
Donna Wilson
Donna Wilson rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
RC
RC rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Melvonna
Melvonna rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2009
Andrew Chidzey
Andrew Chidzey rated it liked it
May 26, 2015
Lesley Held
Lesley Held rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2011
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2011
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Killer Wedding (Madeline Bean, #3)
  • Night of the Living Deb (Debutante Dropout, #4)
  • Strip Search (Susan Pulaski #2)
  • Little Girls Lost (Carson Ryder, #6)
  • Merciless (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #3)
  • Nerve Damage
  • Murder Suicide (Frank Clevenger, #5)
  • The Secret Footprints
  • Blood Lies
  • Bad Blood (Alexandra Cooper, #9)
  • Dying to Sin (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #8)
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps
  • Good-bye To All That: A Novel
  • Evensong
  • Fatal Care (Joanna Blalock #7)
  • Stealing Time (April Woo, #5)
  • Las Mamis: Favorite Latino Authors Remember Their Mothers
132035
Michele Martinez is an author and a former federal prosecutor in New York City.
More about Michele Martinez...

Melanie Vargas (4 books)