Start by marking “Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)

Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  3,967 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Morgan Hudson commanded a lot of respect as Buckhorn's biggest, baddest sheriff. How one petite city woman could turn him on his head was a mystery, not to mention being downright aggravating. But Misty Malone did just that, and Morgan couldn't wait till she went back where she belonged. But then he discovered why she'd come in the first place. Misty Malone had hoped to ta ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgan

Jacqueline
Glad to finally be able to read Morgan's story. I've long since finished the rest of the series. This one was really good, classic Foster. I liked both the spunky heroine Misty and the blustering tough guy with a marshmallow heart, Morgan. This is a simple guy falls hard for a girl story.

Couple of comments. Her name was Misty Malone and his was Morgan. He called her Malone. Morgan and Malone were to close together and I had to pay too much attention to keep track of who was talking.

Then, there
Beth (^v^)/
**2 Meh Stars**

I had high hopes for this book, because I really enjoyed Sawyer's story. I was disappointed and mostly because I couldn't get attached to any of the characters.

Misty is in trouble, she's pregnant and was just in arrested for stealing money. She decides to visit the Buckhorn brothers. Morgan, the sheriff in the family, is immediately a dick.

One of their very first interactions is to call her basically a whore. That doesn't fly with me. But when she finds out she's pregnant, he de
Kathy
Ning
เนืองจากวา บรรดาพระเอกของชุดนี
ตางเปนเทวดาจากฟากฟามาเกิด

ชางเปนคนดี รักสัตว รักคนแกกันเหลือเกิน ..
ฉะนันความดรามา รันทด เลยตองไปตกแกบรรดานางเอกทังหลาย
(ซึงอานมาแค 2 เลมนะ เลมอืน ยังไมรู)

เลมนีเริมชินกับซิกแพค เลยไมคอยรูสึกตืนเตนเราใจซักเทาไหร
คิดวาอืด ๆ ไปนิด ตอนกลาง ๆ เรือง
พระ-นาง เถียงกันบอยไป นานไป
แตกยังอานไดสนุกดีอยู

ปล.
อยากจะบอกวารับไมคอยได ทีนางเอกไปทองกับชายอืนมา
แตถาพระเอกรับไดกจบ .. เรามันไมมีสิทธิมีเสียงอะไรอยูแลว 555
Susan
The second brother bites the dust. I loved Morgan in the first book. He was so big and tough, putting on the big, bad sheriff attitude, but Honey wasn't intimidated. In this book, Honey's sister Misty comes to help out for the wedding and ends up staying awhile. The first person she met was Morgan, and the sparks flew right away - at least until he discovered she was Honey's sister.

Misty is ready for a chance to rest and recoup. She's had a rough couple months. She got pregnant, then her fiance
Bookie | The BookChick
It was an okay read. Morgan was a bit overbearing and dominating for my tastes and Misty's woe is me indecisive attitude was a bit grating. It just seemed as if the two characters didn't fit well at all. The story felt forced in many places.

I honestly could have smacked Morgan's face off when he didn't see it as a problem that he hadn't told Misty he loved her when he asked her to marry him. Self-absorbed brute.

This wasn't my favorite story. I actually enjoyed Sawyer more.
♥ Miss Dominus ♥
Two bachelors done, three more to go! I really thought Misty was going to end up with Jordan because from what I remember in Sawyer, Jordan said something about Misty, I mean they all did but Jordan has Honey thinking about Jordan and Misty. But maybe that's just me.
Now what's with this Buckhorn series that when they see a pretty lady in their lap they can't let go. It's like theyre starving of companion when it was always assumed in the story that they had their fair share of women. It's just w
Julie
The series review will be on my blog, but Morgan's story was a fiery one. With all his temper and brooding, it was nice to see him fall hard. I equally like that he falls for Honey's sister, Misty. I really didn't care for her already being pregnant, but it does fit the family with the connection to Casey and Sawyer's relationship. It was a nice read and good story with the brothers.
Kathrynn
Book #2 and Morgan, the sheriff, meets Misty, Honey's sister (book 1). Misty was just too immature for This Reader. Her failure to take control of her life was annoying. She was pregnant, unemployed and trying to "decide" what and where to go/do.
UGH!

I didn't like Morgan's character. He just wasn't that likeable and even when he developed, he lacked...
Tamara
I had so hoped that Honey's sister, Misty would be the heroine for one of the other brothers and Yeah! It's Morgan.

Lot's of interesting twists and turns in this one! Don't want to post spoilers, but, wow!

Seeing control freak Morgan so out of control over one little female is hilarious! I love to watch a big man fall!
MountainKat
*3.5 Stars*

Not sure why, but I liked the first book better. Morgan spent the first half of the book annoying me and the heroine, then we got to see how sweet he really was. It was still an nice book and I like the family. I will keep reading this series because I am curious how the other brothers fall!
Angela
I loved this even more than Sawyer's story. I seriously love the brothers. They are so loving and sweet and makes me smile like an idiot.

I liked how Morgan fell in love with Misty. He, like all his brothers, is always watching out for people and trying to help them. So it just made sense for him to help Misty. They fell in love over a longer time span, so it was a little more believable than Sawyer and Honey.

I can't wait to finish the other brother's stories, just to get a glimpse into both Sa
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Nel secondo racconto è lo sceriffo Morgan a cadere sotto le frecce di cupido! Tra i fratelli Morgan è senza dubbio il più rude e diretto e trova pane per i suoi denti nella sorellina di Honey, Misty, che cerca ospitalità dopo essere finita nei guai. E' in una situazione particolare in tutti i sensi, ha pero lavoro e reputazione, e la gentilezza e la generosità di Morgan peggiora le cose XD In realtà tra i due non mancano gli scontri, anzi sembra che comunichino meglio che mai quando litigano e p ...more
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
I grabbed Buckhorn Beginnings on audio a few months back when it was on sale at audible.com and was saving it for a rainy day. So when I was starting to get a little burn out on all the UF books I've been reading and listening to I knew it was time to dust this one off.

It was just want I needed. Not one but two sweet and sexy contemporary stories in one audio. Buckhorn Beginnings is my first Lori Foster experience and before I was halfway through it I ran over to audible and grabbed the next au
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Morgan begins when Misty Malone, Honey's sister, shows up for her sisters wedding. She happens to show up a day early to find Morgan at home on his front porch alone. They have an instant attraction to each other, but once she tells him who she is Morgan is beyond frustrated. He knows he can't do anything with her because she is going to be considered family. But when he finds out she has some major problems he decides that he is no longer going to hide
Crystal
This series seems to have a following...of hoarders. They've been rereleased once individually and are on their second release in compilations. And they're still hard to find. Why...I dunno. I think... I outgrew heroes like Morgan.

I had a hard time not picturing him as a younger, fitter version of Roscoe P. Coltrain. He likes to manage people. Oh, it's to help them but still... He's decided he wants to get married. The h - Honey's sister - shows up, he's attracted but... she ain't what he had in
moi
Here in this book we get to know about the second brother Morgan, who is a sheriff and totally control freak. He loves controlling everything and everyone around him....

Honey is all settled and married to Sawyer and how all the brothers have accepted as family is just adorable.

Morgan meets his match in regards to temper and stubbornness.. Honey's younger sister, Misty Malone. Malone as Morgan keeps calling her....

This is more intense book than the previous one, thanks to Morgan. He has so much
Bookswithbenefits
Best Moment: When Sawyer, Jordan, Gabe, and Honey (Morgan's brothers and sister-in-law) convince Morgan that Misty is leaving him. Classic sense of romantic humor.

Worst Moment: The Epilogue kills me...especially since there are three more books after this one.

Synopsis: Misty Malone, Honey Malone's sister, arrives in Buckhorn to figure out her life and to find some refuge after the rather traumatic and recent developments in her life. She finds herself welcomed by all except Morgan, the town's sh
Adriana Fogaça
Os Irmãos de Buckhorn 02
Morgan
Lori Foster
H. R. Romance 55
2011

Estou totalmente encantada por Morgan... ele é uma figura.

É impossível não se apaixonar, por um homem generoso e gentil.

Claro, que ele faz o tipo que exige respeito.

E de certa forma é temido pela comunidade de Buckhorn.

Mas, isso não quer dizer, que ele não demonstre toda a sua preocupação e ajude toda a comunidade.

Só que ele faz isso, de uma forma carrancuda... faz parte da personalidade do Morgan...rs.

Amei!!!

É completamente adorá
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

3.5 Stars

I started off really liking this story. Morgan was sexier, edgier, rougher around the edges and seemed like an animal trying to contain his urges. His attraction for Honey’s sister was instant! And Misty responded to that. I liked that she was flirty and fun with everyone else but with him, she was fighting the attraction and ended up being bitchy. Of course, with all that sexual tension that made for some explosive encounters whenever they let
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
2.5 stars. I liked the chemistry and the characters in this book more than in the Sawyer book, but that was ruined by the random 180 that both characters took. It seems to happen a lot in romance books, and it always feels unnatural to me. One morning a character wakes up and decides to throw out all beliefs that were built up during the book. It's ridiculous.
Darcy
This pack of brothers and one almost man make me smile, so I was glad to pick up this book. I did have a little reservations because Morgan was such a tightass that I wasn't sure how things would go with a full book about him.

I did think he was more than a little high handed. I liked that Misty called him on his crap and how he, like all the men she has encountered, thinks what they want instead of taking the time to actually get to know her. There were times that I agreed with Misty that it se
Lmoore
This is the second book in this series. It focuses on Morgan and Misty. Misty is in some trouble and Morgan ends up helping her. They keep dancing around each other, and admit they are attracted, but it is not until late in the book that they do anything about it. Fun, quick read. I really love the characters in the book, although, they are not quite 100% believable. All the brothers are too perfect, and the two women in the series so far are sisters from a really rich family, but one has a job ...more
Gayle
I liked this book. Great character development, got you into the story right away. The way Morgan was described! Where can I get me one of him? A good quick read and I'm ready to read the remaining books on the brothers.
Mandy
This book isn’t as much fun as the first in the series. I certainly didn’t envision singing and twirling while reading this short novel. *sigh* Morgan is a big, gruff, demanding sheriff with a heart of gold. But, regardless of his saving mistreated animals, Morgan has an instant dislike for Misty. He judges her as a slut based on her clothing. Misty is visiting for her sister’s wedding. Everyone loves Honey’s sister, but Morgan has her pegged as a trouble maker. While I really liked Morgan’s cha ...more
Erin
this was cute. it is predictable but the brothers are all so likeable that you can't help but fall in love with them.

is this book gonna win any awards for originality or greatness? absolutely not. but it was still a cute fun read that I got from the library and enjoyed. I am officially hooked... gonna read the whole series.
Anita
Morgan likes to be in control. He also is the sheriff who meets the needs of the entire community of Buckhorn, KY. He rep as a bad-ass was earned in high school and has served him well as sheriff. That he is one big dude also helps. The women flock to him and he takes all comers. He is thinking that since his house is almost finished, it is time to get himself a wife like brother Sawyer.

Enter Misty. She is Sawyer's sister in law and she is in trouble in quite a few ways. She shows up for the wed
Joan
Love this book so much that I ended up reading it 3x before finally moving on to Gabe's story. Of all the brothers Morgan is my favorite.
Erin Greeno
I have to say I never read Lori Foster before. Man have I missed out! Ok yes there are cheesy spots in this book (it's a romance so duh!) but the characters of misty and Morgan are so lovable. I loved that Morgan's character was fleshed out. He is the strong caregiver of the family behind the hot male stubbornness. Misty was a strong female that didn't need to rely on the male character to save her and put up some fight when the brothers tried to protect her. The ending was predictably happily e ...more
Sumit
Morgan and Misty... what a combination.......
Loved it, is all i can say :)
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Crazy Like A Fox  (Louisiana) (Born in the USA)
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2)
  • Nauti Intentions (Nauti #4)
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Ryder's Wife
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Black Ties and Lullabies (Playboys, #3)
  • The Private Eye / Beguiled
  • Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)
  • The Sergeant's Lady (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #2)
  • The Great Scot (Chisholm Brothers, #2)
  • Seducing Simon
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Buckhorn Brothers (9 books)
  • Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
  • Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)
  • All For You: Halfway There / Buckhorn Ever After / The One You Want / One Perfect Night
  • Back to Buckhorn (Buckhorn Brothers, #7)
  • A Buckhorn Summer (Buckhorn Brothers, #8)
  • Forever Buckhorn (Buckhorn Brothers #3-4)
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)