Start by marking “Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)

Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #2)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,390 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Morgan Hudson commanded a lot of respect as Buckhorn's biggest, baddest sheriff. How one petite city woman could turn him on his head was a mystery, not to mention being downright aggravating. But Misty Malone did just that, and Morgan couldn't wait till she went back where she belonged. But then he discovered why she'd come in the first place. Misty Malone had hoped to ta ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgan

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

4 Classic Romance Trope Hearts!! :)
Jacqueline
Glad to finally be able to read Morgan's story. I've long since finished the rest of the series. This one was really good, classic Foster. I liked both the spunky heroine Misty and the blustering tough guy with a marshmallow heart, Morgan. This is a simple guy falls hard for a girl story.

Couple of comments. Her name was Misty Malone and his was Morgan. He called her Malone. Morgan and Malone were to close together and I had to pay too much attention to keep track of who was talking.

Then, there
Beth (^v^)/
**2 Meh Stars**

I had high hopes for this book, because I really enjoyed Sawyer's story. I was disappointed and mostly because I couldn't get attached to any of the characters.

Misty is in trouble, she's pregnant and was just in arrested for stealing money. She decides to visit the Buckhorn brothers. Morgan, the sheriff in the family, is immediately a dick.

One of their very first interactions is to call her basically a whore. That doesn't fly with me. But when she finds out she's pregnant, he de
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She's bro's wife's sister
Has many secret problems
He can't resist her

Engaging romance
Loved him... tough outside, soft heart
Second of series
Kathy
Jun 23, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, family
Kristi
Jul 30, 2015 Kristi rated it liked it
these are fun summer reads! quick and entertaining, not a lot of substance but still cute!
Ning
Oct 03, 2012 Ning rated it really liked it
เนืองจากวา บรรดาพระเอกของชุดนี
ตางเปนเทวดาจากฟากฟามาเกิด

ชางเปนคนดี รักสัตว รักคนแกกันเหลือเกิน ..
ฉะนันความดรามา รันทด เลยตองไปตกแกบรรดานางเอกทังหลาย
(ซึงอานมาแค 2 เลมนะ เลมอืน ยังไมรู)

เลมนีเริมชินกับซิกแพค เลยไมคอยรูสึกตืนเตนเราใจซักเทาไหร

อยากจะบอกวารับไมคอยได ทีนางเอกไปทองกับชายอืนมา
แตถาพระเอกรับไดกจบ .. เรามันไมมีสิทธิมีเสียงอะไรอยูแลว 555
Greselley
Mar 06, 2016 Greselley rated it liked it
I read a review of a friend saying Misty is too immature for her readers so while reading, I was being a paranoid, always analyzing her behavior and the way she talks if it is really true. After reading the book, she didn't seem immature to me. Maybe it appeared that way to some readers because Honey and Misty are different from each other in a way that Honey is looking at things or situations with a mature mind which is understandable as she is older than Misty. Regarding the whole book, I don' ...more
Susan
The second brother bites the dust. I loved Morgan in the first book. He was so big and tough, putting on the big, bad sheriff attitude, but Honey wasn't intimidated. In this book, Honey's sister Misty comes to help out for the wedding and ends up staying awhile. The first person she met was Morgan, and the sparks flew right away - at least until he discovered she was Honey's sister.

Misty is ready for a chance to rest and recoup. She's had a rough couple months. She got pregnant, then her fiance
Taria Reed
Mar 18, 2016 Taria Reed rated it it was ok
Shelves: cowboy, romance
the story was just ok. I didn't hate it or love it. The brothers are all a bit too perfect. Misty took feisty and hard headed to a new level. I loved that Morgan stepped up and "took responsibility" for Morgan and her baby. I would have loved if the baby was actually there or if morgan was a bit more pregnant. but for what it was it was entertaining.

story - 2.5
narrator - 3
The BookChick
It was an okay read. Morgan was a bit overbearing and dominating for my tastes and Misty's woe is me indecisive attitude was a bit grating. It just seemed as if the two characters didn't fit well at all. The story felt forced in many places.

I honestly could have smacked Morgan's face off when he didn't see it as a problem that he hadn't told Misty he loved her when he asked her to marry him. Self-absorbed brute.

This wasn't my favorite story. I actually enjoyed Sawyer more.
Maura
Dominus~
Feb 13, 2015 Dominus~ rated it it was amazing
Two bachelors done, three more to go! I really thought Misty was going to end up with Jordan because from what I remember in Sawyer, Jordan said something about Misty, I mean they all did but Jordan has Honey thinking about Jordan and Misty. But maybe that's just me.
Now what's with this Buckhorn series that when they see a pretty lady in their lap they can't let go. It's like theyre starving of companion when it was always assumed in the story that they had their fair share of women. It's just w
Julie
Jun 05, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series review will be on my blog, but Morgan's story was a fiery one. With all his temper and brooding, it was nice to see him fall hard. I equally like that he falls for Honey's sister, Misty. I really didn't care for her already being pregnant, but it does fit the family with the connection to Casey and Sawyer's relationship. It was a nice read and good story with the brothers.
Kathrynn
Book #2 and Morgan, the sheriff, meets Misty, Honey's sister (book 1). Misty was just too immature for This Reader. Her failure to take control of her life was annoying. She was pregnant, unemployed and trying to "decide" what and where to go/do.
UGH!

I didn't like Morgan's character. He just wasn't that likeable and even when he developed, he lacked...
Tamara
Jun 19, 2011 Tamara rated it it was amazing
I had so hoped that Honey's sister, Misty would be the heroine for one of the other brothers and Yeah! It's Morgan.

Lot's of interesting twists and turns in this one! Don't want to post spoilers, but, wow!

Seeing control freak Morgan so out of control over one little female is hilarious! I love to watch a big man fall!
MountainKat
*3.5 Stars*

Not sure why, but I liked the first book better. Morgan spent the first half of the book annoying me and the heroine, then we got to see how sweet he really was. It was still an nice book and I like the family. I will keep reading this series because I am curious how the other brothers fall!
Angela
I loved this even more than Sawyer's story. I seriously love the brothers. They are so loving and sweet and makes me smile like an idiot.

I liked how Morgan fell in love with Misty. He, like all his brothers, is always watching out for people and trying to help them. So it just made sense for him to help Misty. They fell in love over a longer time span, so it was a little more believable than Sawyer and Honey.

I can't wait to finish the other brother's stories, just to get a glimpse into both Sa
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Nel secondo racconto è lo sceriffo Morgan a cadere sotto le frecce di cupido! Tra i fratelli Morgan è senza dubbio il più rude e diretto e trova pane per i suoi denti nella sorellina di Honey, Misty, che cerca ospitalità dopo essere finita nei guai. E' in una situazione particolare in tutti i sensi, ha pero lavoro e reputazione, e la gentilezza e la generosità di Morgan peggiora le cose XD In realtà tra i due non mancano gli scontri, anzi sembra che comunichino meglio che mai quando litigano e p ...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
This is the second book of this series, and unfortunately I didn't like this one any more then the first one. We have another female lead who I just wanted to slap up the side of the head, and more problems with continuity. Don't have a conversation about a gazebo at your house, and then later tell me that you had it built because of the wedding later. It pulled me out of the story again, and I lost even more of the little enjoyment I was having.
Sorry for the next two brothers stories, but I do
Amber Brownlow
Aug 24, 2015 Amber Brownlow rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this story. I couldn't wait to read it after reading the first book in the series, Sawyer, and now I can't wait to read even more. Planning on picking up the rest of this series and checking out more by Lori Foster.

You instantly fall in love with all the brothers in this series!! In this book, you get to fall in love with Morgan, who may not just be the tough guy he tries to show. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone and everyone! So far I'm loving it. I can't wai
Cheesecake
Morgan and Misty. I read this a while ago but recently got the audio books. Morgan is such an ass at the beginning, I wondered if he was redeemable, but Misty's mysterious powers of innocent seduction prove to be his undoing. I liked Misty and how she could give as good as she got with him. The largest of the brothers and the most infamous for brawling (although he is now sheriff) she takes no guff from the growly, grumpy, suspicious MAN. I kinda wished for a wee bit more grovelling from him for ...more
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
I grabbed Buckhorn Beginnings on audio a few months back when it was on sale at audible.com and was saving it for a rainy day. So when I was starting to get a little burn out on all the UF books I've been reading and listening to I knew it was time to dust this one off.

It was just want I needed. Not one but two sweet and sexy contemporary stories in one audio. Buckhorn Beginnings is my first Lori Foster experience and before I was halfway through it I ran over to audible and grabbed the next au
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Morgan begins when Misty Malone, Honey's sister, shows up for her sisters wedding. She happens to show up a day early to find Morgan at home on his front porch alone. They have an instant attraction to each other, but once she tells him who she is Morgan is beyond frustrated. He knows he can't do anything with her because she is going to be considered family. But when he finds out she has some major problems he decides that he is no longer going to hide
Crystal
Oct 13, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This series seems to have a following...of hoarders. They've been rereleased once individually and are on their second release in compilations. And they're still hard to find. Why...I dunno. I think... I outgrew heroes like Morgan.

I had a hard time not picturing him as a younger, fitter version of Roscoe P. Coltrain. He likes to manage people. Oh, it's to help them but still... He's decided he wants to get married. The h - Honey's sister - shows up, he's attracted but... she ain't what he had in
moi
Here in this book we get to know about the second brother Morgan, who is a sheriff and totally control freak. He loves controlling everything and everyone around him....

Honey is all settled and married to Sawyer and how all the brothers have accepted as family is just adorable.

Morgan meets his match in regards to temper and stubbornness.. Honey's younger sister, Misty Malone. Malone as Morgan keeps calling her....

This is more intense book than the previous one, thanks to Morgan. He has so much
Bookswithbenefits
Jan 31, 2013 Bookswithbenefits rated it liked it
Best Moment: When Sawyer, Jordan, Gabe, and Honey (Morgan's brothers and sister-in-law) convince Morgan that Misty is leaving him. Classic sense of romantic humor.

Worst Moment: The Epilogue kills me...especially since there are three more books after this one.

Synopsis: Misty Malone, Honey Malone's sister, arrives in Buckhorn to figure out her life and to find some refuge after the rather traumatic and recent developments in her life. She finds herself welcomed by all except Morgan, the town's sh
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 08, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Os Irmãos de Buckhorn 02
Morgan
Lori Foster
H. R. Romance 55
2011

Estou totalmente encantada por Morgan... ele é uma figura.

É impossível não se apaixonar, por um homem generoso e gentil.

Claro, que ele faz o tipo que exige respeito.

E de certa forma é temido pela comunidade de Buckhorn.

Mas, isso não quer dizer, que ele não demonstre toda a sua preocupação e ajude toda a comunidade.

Só que ele faz isso, de uma forma carrancuda... faz parte da personalidade do Morgan...rs.

Amei!!!

É completamente adorá
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

3.5 Stars

I started off really liking this story. Morgan was sexier, edgier, rougher around the edges and seemed like an animal trying to contain his urges. His attraction for Honey’s sister was instant! And Misty responded to that. I liked that she was flirty and fun with everyone else but with him, she was fighting the attraction and ended up being bitchy. Of course, with all that sexual tension that made for some explosive encounters whenever they let
Mem
Apr 18, 2016 Mem rated it it was amazing
T790 Buckhorn Brothers #2 Morgan Hudson, Buckhorn's sheriff is thinking "wife" after his brother's recent marriage to Honey Malone. When Misty Malone, Honey's sister, shows up he's into avoidance mode. He discovers she's pregnant and the man is out of the picture, he goes into protection mode. He knows there more to the story and gets her to tell him she was arrested and convicted for stealing money from her boss. Morgan gets the truth, now he wants a wife and child!
  • A Night Of Redemption (Night, #2)
  • Heart's Ease
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)
  • A Dangerous Man
  • Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)
  • The Private Eye / Beguiled
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Hot on Her Heels (Lone Star Sisters, #4)
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • The Black Sheep and the Princess (Unholy Trinity #1)
  • Dante's Angel (The Breakers' Bad Boys, #3)
  • Night Watch (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #11)
  • Shattered
  • Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)
  • Addicted to Love (Wedding Veil Wishes, #3)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Buckhorn Brothers (5 books)
  • Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
  • Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)