Start by marking “Blue Moon II: This Is Reality (Blue Moon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Moon II: This Is Reality (Blue Moon, #2)

Blue Moon II: This Is Reality (Blue Moon #2)

THIS INSTALLMENT OF BLUE MOON CAN STAND ALONE

The Story of: HAWK, PIERCE, SHOT & FOX ALONG WITH THE OTHER BEASTMASTERS

Pierce aka Strategic Intelligence Specialist, Backhander is back to flush out some of the DEA’s most notorious criminals, and he has one helluva’ team backing him up. The country’s most decorated Navy Seals…the Beastmasters.

Pierce is more than capable
Published September 26th 2014 (first published September 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Moon II, please sign up.

A Case of Possession by K.J. CharlesAlways by Kindle AlexanderBroken Pieces by Riley HartBall & Chain by Abigail RouxStay by Riley Hart
Best M/M Romance Published in 2014
272nd out of 648 books — 1,533 voters
Full Disclosure by Kindle AlexanderFull Circle by Riley HartOuting the Quarterback by Tara LainConsent by A.J.  RoseThe Shearing Gun by Renae Kaye
September 2014 MM Releases
34th out of 107 books — 256 voters

More lists with this book...

Helen
Aug 02, 2016 Helen rated it liked it
Although , I really enjoyed this guilty pleasure !
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Giving this away on the blog until 10/31/14! Come enter for a chance to win :)

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sep 29, 2014 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, bgirls

Review by The Blogger Girls.

The Beastmasters are back! We were teased by them in Blue Moon: Too Good to be True, and while events from that book are mentioned, I believe this could easily be read on its own. As with the previous book, this one tells the stories of more than one couple.

First, we have the main couple, Pierce, aka Backhander, the brainy leader on his last few missions before retirement. Pierce is a smallish guy, without military background, who has always loved the idea of strong a
Debra

This story had all the stuff I've enjoyed in the author's previous books: hot alpha men with a bit of damage, steamy sex scenes and fast-paced action. The story picks up with the Beastmasters who were introduced in the first book, but also adds two new, mysterious characters. While I enjoyed it, I didn't like it as much as the first as things seemed a bit rushed. I enjoyed the addition of Alpha and wouldn't mind seeing his story in the future.
* N aka Nikki
Oct 13, 2014 * N aka Nikki rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I love Via's books and have been waiting for the second in this series. I didn't love this one as much; too much action in the plot and the love stories felt too rushed. But still a good read. Recommend.
Natalie
Aug 01, 2016 Natalie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, kindle-lendable
I DNF'd my 2nd reading at 60%and updated my rating. I was reading it again thinking I might read book 3. I won't be. This didn't have the campy, outrageous flavor of book one or the alpha-hero and humor of the characters done in the Nothing Special series.
Camylle
Kinda weird reading about Shot after so intimately reading about his son but once again it just works.
Elizabeth
May 12, 2015 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Can't stand alone.
So much of the intro to this book is missing (probably because it's a sequel) making it harder to follow. It isn't as well written as the ones before it. Feels like there are too many plots going so none of them gets the focus it deserves. Would probably have done better as three separate shorts instead of such a mixed story.
Dianna
Sep 25, 2014 Dianna rated it it was amazing
OMG, couldn't put it down. Brilliant, Stunning, I absolutely adored it. The feels....oh swoon.
Manuela
Jul 21, 2016 Manuela rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down.
Nikki
Oct 22, 2016 Nikki rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, gay
The book was good, it's such a shame how the author didn't bother to have a French speaker correct the French phrases in the book. It's laughable how she writes the Alpha and Call are fluent in French and writes the phrases wrong.
C'est vraiment dommage, it's a real shame.
Kathi
Nov 29, 2016 Kathi rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Strong men, and finding love
Kathy
Oct 04, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
A.E. Via has done it once again with her newest release, Blue Moon ll – This Is Reality. If you were fortunate enough to have read her first in this series, Blue Moon – Too Good to Be True, then you have already been introduced to some of the characters here. This is the story of The Beastmasters. They bring their team back together, one more time, for what they hope to be their final mission. The Beastmasters have the finest of the fine, and the bests of the best that are Navy Seals. Along with ...more
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: eARC Review, Excerpt: Blue Moon II: This Is Reality (Blue Moon #2) by A.E. Via

My Rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars

A.E. Via had fast turned to be one of my favorite authors of the M/M genre. Her plots are over the top and fantastical, that is so TRUE!! but the point of reading is to get away from reality and get lost in a fantasy. Ms Adrienne does this magnificently.

I have to be honest, reading Blue Moon: Too Good to Be True (Blue Moon #1), got me interested in the series potential but i
Rachel
Oct 06, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters and side characters. Can't wait for the next.
Karine DS
Jul 04, 2016 Karine DS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ma Note : 4,5 / 6

Ma Chronique : L'histoire reprend là où le tome 1 c'était terminé précédemment.

Pierce revient pour une dernière mission avec l'équipe de son choix qui n'est autre que les Beastmasters. Cet ex agent de la DEA reprend du service malgré lui, alors qu'il ne souhaite prendre qu'une retraite bien méritée.

Cependant, les barons de la drogue sont une plaie qu'il faut endiguer, ils prennent de l'ampleur et de l'ambition sur le territoire américain.

De plus, Hawk est son enfer, cet homme à
Inked Reads
Nov 01, 2014 Inked Reads rated it it was amazing
FourStars
This story was a good one, but slightly difficult for me to follow at first. Because each character has 2 different names, I found I had to go back and figure out who was whom a few different times before I got used to the style of writing this author used. Once that was out of the way, the book flowed a little more for me.

This book has several parts - each part was well thought out and enjoyable. I really liked all of the characters, but wish there was a little more background on a few
Love Bytes Reviews
Oct 26, 2014 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Dan

I loved this book, and I love this author. One note though. Even though this is a standalone book, I really wish I had taken the time to read Book 1 in the series. Ms. Via is a fantastic author, and did a great job with the back story, but I did find myself stumbling over who some of the supporting cast were. She is an excellent author and it is well worth your time to read both books if you can.

So where do I start. I enjoyed the way Ms. Via wove together several different
Cathy Brockman
This is a sequel to Blue Moon- Too Good to be True. I love this cover! This books stands alone fine but to really get to know who the characters are reading the first helps, however there is enough backstory that makes it work fine on its own.

In This is Reality we get the stories of Pierce and Hawk and Shot and Fox along with a couple other intriguing characters.

The story takes place about a year or so after Angel ( Shot’s son)had been abducted and Pierce called in favours from his secret past
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

This is fast paced and action packed as we join the Beastmasters once again.
As the DEA try to rid the streets of Russian gangs who are kidnapping and enslaving American citizens their backup comes in the form of the Beastmasters.

Leading the team is strategic genius Pierce, known as Backhander, who leads by example and gets stuck into this current and his final mission. He knows there is more to life than putting his life on the line and he plans to exper
Carly
Oct 10, 2014 Carly rated it it was amazing
It's never to early, or to late, to let love in.

The Beastmasters are back in a blaze of glory! Tackling one of their most difficult cases yet, new threats are revealed and old enemies come back to haunt the legendary team of men.

Pierce (Backhander) is a non-combatant surrounded by alpha military men. Known for his strategic strength, the physicality of the men on his team can be intimidating at times, since he doesn't have the build to fight back. Dane (Hawk) is gifted with the ability to see in
Stephanie
I remember first talking with A.E.
She asked if we had time to read and review her first book, Blue Moon. I immediately said yes for the opportunity, as we were just starting out ourselves. It was insta-love, just like Max and Angel. And of course, with that, gives you room to grow more love. She then asked if we would beta read for You Can See Me. Already loving her work, there was NO way we were saying no.
There was already a "growth" in her writing. With every book, A.E. just gets better and
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Sep 29, 2014 Crystal's Many Reviewers rated it it was amazing
This is a strange review for me to write solely because I have mixed emotions about the book. After finishing the book, I was going between a 4 and a 5 star rating but obviously I ended up with the 5 star as you can tell.

The reason why I was going back and forth is because while the story was good, there were some editing errors that caught my attention. While I don’t usually point those out in reviews, one of the big ones was a POV switch during one of the chapters and it did throw me off a bi
Pianisuparse
Sep 14, 2016 Pianisuparse rated it it was amazing
5 'Oh yeah baby. Enjoyed Book 1 and then we get even more, some hot special forces action to boot. Now thats what I'm talking about. Angel was hot as fuck well so is his fucking Dad. Delicious' stars.
Ina
Feb 20, 2016 Ina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It impressed me so much, that I had to write a few words, so you dont miss out on this one!
A while ago, I sent some messages back and forth with A.E Via after I read one of her books. At the same time she told me about Blue Moon, and that was the first book she wrote. I quote: "Blue Moon was my first book, but I'm writing the sequel to it now, it will be 50x better than the original". So I bought it, read it, and loved it! And I was so excited when she posted on Facebook when the sequel would be
Alexis Woods
4.5 Stars

The usual M.O - two sets of men trying fall in love, and sort out their romance, while reality intrudes. There are so many characters in this book, at times I felt lost, but it mainly centers on the growing relationship between Hawk (Dane) and Backhander (Pierce). The second love interest is the continuing romance between Shot (Isadore) and Fox. The story also introduces two new characters - brothers Alpha and Omega and the entire story rotates through these four POVs. The author did a
River Mitchell
Sep 20, 2014 River Mitchell rated it it was amazing
ARC Received.

The Beastmasters are back and with the help of Pierce-code name Backhander, they have been working together on numerous operations for the DEA.

With only one more Op to go things are tense and tempers are short. Not only are the team dealing with difficult challenges in going up against what could be their most lethal opponents. Some of them are trying to come to terms with the feelings they have for each other.

Fear, insecurities, PTSD, denial are to name but a few of the obstacl
Cheryl
Oct 01, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
“They were moving on to love.”

Last year when I picked up this really funny titled book Blue Moon To Good To Be True, I never realized that this book would be one of my “go to” books when I was in a book slump.
When it was suggested to Adrienne to give us more “Beastmasters” I waited patiently, waited even though Hawk quit speaking to her, even when she told us he was being an ass and would not loosing up and relax to tell her his story. But after a couple of bottles of wine, he finally let go a
Shelby
So yeah, this story was completely unbelievable for me, it's redeemable in that I truly felt like the emotions generated by the characters for each other were valid and true. But the plot was over the top, ridiculous, and frankly made no sense. You have a group of guys who have staked their lives on being awesome, kicking butt and taking names, and this book is one big long series of screw ups. So much so that the guy whose visions you've listened to for years you're going to ignore just as a ...more
Goodreads Librari...: LIBRARIAN PLEASE HELP 3 33 Sep 25, 2014 08:08PM
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf #3)
  • Bound to Break (Men of Honor, #6)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Lux Ex Tenebris (The 12 Olympians, #3)
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Up in Arms
  • A Cowboy's Home (Montana, #3)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Cover Up (Toronto Tales, #2)
  • After Midnight
  • Gathering Storm (Firsts and Forever, #4)
  • 500 Miles (500 Miles 1, An MLR Mixed Tape)
  • Fourth and Long
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)
A.E. Via is an author in the beautiful gay romance genre and also founder and owner of Via Star Wings Books. Her writing embodies everything from hopelessly romantic to spicy to scandalous. Her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thought-provoking depths.

When she's not clicking away at her laptop, she devotes herself to her family--a husband and four childre
More about A.E. Via...

Blue Moon (3 books)
  • Blue Moon: Too Good to Be True (Blue Moon, #1)
  • Blue Moon III: Call of the Alpha (Blue Moon #3)