Start by marking “Tabula Rasa” as Want to Read:
Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  127 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Rodeo cowboy Teagan has inherited his father's ranch, and it's in a bad way. He needs to work the rodeo circuit hard to make enough money to pay the bills, so he starts looking for a rodeo partner.

Team roper Cash is just the ticket. He's not the friendliest sort, but he has a good seat and a better roping arm, so Teagan takes Cash on, and as they get to know each other, th
Published November 14th 2007 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Tabula Rasa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tabula Rasa

Alex
Jun 11, 2010 Alex rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, queer, romance
I picked up this book because it was listed on a "cowboy" theme of books and the premise seemed interesting. I have a soft spot for 'players' that turn around and become loyal.

It was...ah...okay.

I'll start with the likes:

* The characters were really interesting some/most of the time. I enjoyed how the main character had to struggle with money and his emotions.

* The horse bits all seemed on the up-and-up. This was a horse heavy book but it never poked me the wrong way. This is a great relief.

Alina
Jan 10, 2012 Alina added it
I mostly agree with the parts of Alex's review about Cash, and I've no one to blame - I somehow overlooked mentions of sleeping around in the summary and that thing usually pisses me off and here was no exception. Break up in the middle I don't like too and after all that the ending didn't satisfy me. I'd like at least one more chapter or the epilogue to see MCs happy together and to enjoy their HEA.
Kinny
Apr 21, 2012 Kinny rated it did not like it
I want my money back! This was gross and traumatic for me. They were both immoral creeps who should have stayed away from each other. TOXIC relationship.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
I have loved the other Tory Temple books I have read. I liked this one, but I didn't love it.

Teagan's father left him in debt when he passed away. He is trying to pull himself up. When his heeler gets hurt before the rodeo season starts, he goes looking for a new one. He finds Cash. A cowboy with a bad attitude.

They start on the rodeo tour, and start sleeping together. But what happens when one wants more than the other?

So what I liked first. The Characters had a good chemistry and were hot t
Vivian
Sep 15, 2013 Vivian marked it as to-read
GET IT NOW!
9/15/2103__FREE at Torquere for ONE hour ONLY, 5-6 PM Central Time Zone
Lipvixen
Jan 16, 2012 Lipvixen rated it did not like it
Perfect if you like cheating, abusive , promiscuous perverted pigs of heroes! HATED IT!!!
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~

Rancher Teagan needs to make money so that he can keep the ranch he inherited from going under so he's been on the rodeo tour and when his long-time heeler is injured, he needs to find someone quick. Cash isn't the nicest sort but he's a pretty good heeler and once they go on the road, things heat up.

Unfortunately, Teagan finds out he's not the only one in Cash's saddle and takes it badly [no relationship had been defined, so I don't consider it infidelity] and Cash cuts it off completely.

Afte
Bb
Mar 15, 2015 Bb rated it liked it
I liked the MC's but more background would have been nice. I don't think Cash gave Teagan a chance to explain why he kept information hidden. The ending was abrupt and didn't bring enough closure. I do like cowboy stories and most of this book was good.
Zuyuan
May 14, 2010 Zuyuan rated it really liked it
A little disappoint with the ending but the charisma and relationship between characters were something enjoying.
Andrea
May 19, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it
Solid, enjoyable read. No heavy angst or overly sweet fluff.
K
Emily Moore
Oct 25, 2011 Emily Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, gay, cowboys
Kyla
Kyla marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Mar 11, 2016
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Karla
Karla rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Cherry
Cherry rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2015
helen joy childs
helen joy childs marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Mother
Mother marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Marie G
Marie G rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Shile loves books
Shile loves books rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Viktor Slisenko
Viktor Slisenko rated it really liked it
May 28, 2015
Boots
Boots marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Chris Owen
Chris Owen rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
  • Jumping Into Things (Thatchers, #1)
  • The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume One (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #1)
  • Bareback (Bareback, #1)
  • Drawing Closer
  • Soft Focus
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst #3)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Three in the Dungeon (Dungeon #3)
  • Sleeping Stone
  • Trifecta
  • Fine as Frog Hair
  • Riding Heartbreak Road
  • The Wild Side of Paddy McGuire (Tales from the Wild Side)
  • Red Skies
  • Scarred
I live in southern California, the land of no seasons. (Is wind a season?) I live with three dogs, two cats, and some tortoises. I'm married to a firefighter, which is great in the sense that some nights I get the TV all to myself, but not so great in the sense that some nights I have to figure out what to do when the washer starts leaking. (Or when there's a bat in the house, which is a thing tha ...more
More about Tory Temple...