Start by marking “Gunslinger” as Want to Read:
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

From the author of "Pirate" comes the story of a hardened gunslinger seeking revenge who falls in love with the beautiful ranch owner whom he had set out to destroy.
Published June 1st 1999 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Gunslinger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gunslinger

Jenn
Aug 14, 2013 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Quick Draw Stars

This book was told in my MOST FAVORITE way, DUAL POV! However, there are two other POV's, unfortunately at times, by the horrible Talbot men.

Desperado Jones is most likely the FASTEST draw gunslinger of the West. He has a scary reputation and surprisingly has a clean record with the Law. He blows in to Trouble Creek where he definitely finds himself a heap of trouble to deal with. Question is, does he want to stay and deal with it all? Or ride away and forget he even stepped
Mirabella
I'm not sure about giving 2 or 3 stars. I think it gets 3 for now, because I've read much worse ones. The story was good, but the detailed sex scenes got old after a while. Also the constant mentioning of the hero's raspy scary voice. I got it already. There were some background informations repeatetly given throughout the whole book in many different ways, very annoying and made my eyes roll - again, I got it already, wasn't necessary or important enough to constantly point out. The heroine see ...more
Kathrynn
Apr 20, 2008 Kathrynn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Western Readers
Set in the mid to late 1800's in some western town either Colorado, Texas, or Montana. The town "Trouble Creek" must be fictitious because can't find it. I read this several years ago and do not remember its primary location/setting.

The book was WONDERFUL and one of my favorites. Desperado was 1/2 Indian, meets and marries Chloe Summers (blond). They deal with discrimination and his past as a gunfighter catches up with him.

Great western romance! Nice characters!

I have to say, this has to be one
Lindsay
Aug 09, 2013 Lindsay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon freebie!!! 8/9/13
Don Wolf
Sep 13, 2016 Don Wolf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Very good could not put it down looking forward to seeing more books and I will get the best way.

Lisa C.
Aug 30, 2014 Lisa C. rated it liked it
Still not sure about this one. I liked the premise of the basic story including the part about Logan/Desperado's history with the Ralston ranch. It was pretty fast paced but the main characters were so-so. They both had a lot of baggage and things started out rough when he wasn't entirely honest with her.

There's a LOT of detailed sex scenes which got old after awhile. What also got old in the beginning was having to read about Chloe's long, slender legs and Desperado's raspy, scary voic
Kris Thompson
May 26, 2013 Kris Thompson rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It was well thought out and researched, and it had you guessing what would happen next from beginning to end. I loved how Chloe was a strong female character, which isn't something you read about much with romance stories, and Jones made you want to reach into the book and lock him up in your closet. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes a good western romance.
Jan
Sep 05, 2011 Jan rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it. The plot was kind of the same as most romance Western. Beautiful girl left to run ranch and dashing cowboy (in this case Gunslinger) arrives to save the day. It was enjoyable easy reading.
Cynthia
Half-way through when I realized I was not invested in the story or the characters, and I didn't care how they managed their HEA. DNF
Joelle
Joelle rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Julie
Oct 12, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
good book
Pav
Pav rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Debra Powell
Debra Powell rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Bruce Shryers
Bruce Shryers rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Carla Corless
Carla Corless rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Christine Griffin
Christine Griffin rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Mitzi
Mitzi rated it really liked it
May 04, 2008
Vicky
Vicky rated it really liked it
May 23, 2011
Paniapita
Paniapita rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Sandi
Sandi rated it liked it
May 14, 2013
Shannon Burke
Shannon Burke rated it did not like it
Oct 25, 2013
Carolyn B.
Carolyn B. rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2009
Christa
Christa rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2011
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
MoonGlitter
MoonGlitter rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2013
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was ok
May 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Western and Medie...: Bargains You Have Found 16 79 Jun 24, 2015 03:51AM
  • Colorado Bride
  • Another Chance
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Wild Heart (Blazing Frontier, #2)
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Savage Heat
  • Warrior's Heart
  • Lakota Love Song
  • The Law and Miss Penny (Law and Disorder, #1)
  • After The Ashes
  • The Texan's Bride
  • How To Lasso A Cowboy
  • To Find You Again
  • Texas Outlaw (Wild Texas Nights, #1)
  • Dancing with the Devil (Devil to Pay, #2)
Connie Mason or Cara Miles is the best-selling author of more than fifty historical romances and novellas. Her tales of passion and adventure are set in exotic as well as American locales. Connie was named Story Teller of the Year in 1990 by Romantic Times and was awarded Career Achievement award in the Western category by Romantic Times in 1994. Connie makes her home in Tarpon Springs, Florida wi ...more
More about Connie Mason...