Start by marking “Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight? ” as Want to Read:
Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight?

Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight?

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
It's bedtime, but Woolly the little lamb can't find his mother. Who will tuck him in? "I will, I will," said Mrs. Cow. "Don't you worry. I know how. Everything will be all right. I'll tuck you in real snug and tight." But Mrs. Cow wraps poor Woolly up so tight that he can't move. "STOP!" cries Woolly. "That's not right! Oh, who will tuck me in tonight?" Mrs. Cat, Mrs. Hors ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by NorthSouth (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight?

Anna
Jul 26, 2008 Anna rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this story. It's about a lamb who can't find his mother so there's no one to tuck him in at night. Many other animal mothers try and tuck the lamb in but they don't do it right. The lamb becomes discouraged but then...his mother shows up to tuck him it! The story is really cute and the illustartions are delightful. They're ink drawings with watercolor washs. So many rhyming/goodnight stories are illustrated in heavier mediums with bold colors so it was lovely to see the lighter ap ...more
Library Quine

This book has all the ingredients for a super participatory read-aloud; farm animals to identify and make noises, a refrain that the audience can learn and say along, and a question as to whether each mother substitute is suitable or not. Nobody seems to be able to put Woolly, the little lamb, to bed in the right way, until someone who knows him best returns to save the day. Not too twee, but reassuring nevertheless.
Read in Soft Toy Sleepover 10/Jul/2012.
Brenda Pritchard
preschool story time; narrative skills, rhyming, phonological awareness, print motivation;

This book is about a little lamb who needs to be tucked in. All the other animals (cow, cat) try but can't do it the way little lamb needs. His mother finally returns and tucks him in the right way.

preschoolers will love the fact that they can identify with the little lamb in the story. Its not too wordy and great for children with parents at story time.
Davonni
Feb 17, 2013 Davonni rated it really liked it
Shelves: repetitive-text
Who will tuck me in tonight, is about a little lamb that is looking for his mother to tuck him in for bed. He cannot find his mother so he asks for help from the other farm animals. Although the other animals help him, no one is able to do it just like his mother. This is such a cute book for children to learn and talk about different farm animals. It also repeats itself through the story and makes it fun for children to read along.
Matt
Nov 18, 2008 Matt rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who's tired
"The sun was setting on the farm and Wolly the little lamb was sleepy..." So begins one of the most under-appreciated classics of our time. A little lamb searches for his mother. A community comes together to fill his need. A mother's love triumphs over all. Even despite it's blatant sexism and exclusionary undertones, Who Will Tuck Me in Tonight is a beautiful work which always brings a tear to my eye and a yawn to my lips.
Tricia
Jul 13, 2011 Tricia rated it really liked it
Fun option for a storytime, especially bedtime with preschool or early elementary age ranges in the audience. Woolly the lamb is sleepy and wants to be tucked in...animals from the farm give it a try, each in a different way that isn't quite right. Children will love the reassuring ending.
Megan
Jan 31, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing
This book is about a little lamb who needs his mama to tuck him in to bed and while the other animals try - it's just not the same. So stinkin cute. I love this author and illustrator.
Melissa
The story is so cute, I love all the different farm animals that come to try to help. And of course I love that the momma saves the day!
Teri
Jun 02, 2009 Teri rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
THis book was VERY popular and fun for read aloud during story hour!
Jessica
Feb 23, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is my 5 year old's favorite book! We read it often!
Amy
Sep 05, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Very sweet. Mothers do everything just right.
Denise
Oct 04, 2012 Denise rated it liked it
Very cute book! My daughter loves this story!
Olivia
Sep 07, 2011 Olivia rated it really liked it
Read to my baby sister
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Judith
Judith rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Paige
Paige rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Carrie Longwell
Carrie Longwell rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Trish
Trish rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Jessica Anne
Jessica Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Ms. Shauntel
Ms. Shauntel rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Sydney Byrne
Sydney Byrne rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Veronica
Veronica rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015