Personhood: The Art of Being Fully Human

Personhood: The Art of Being Fully Human

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  17 reviews
In his warm, inviting, and inclusive, style, bestselling author Leo Buscaglia manages to bring a vision of the world together within his warm embrace. Sharing the stories of his travels and his encounters with people all over the world, Buscaglia reminds us that we are all people who have the potential to share ourselves with ourselves as well as others. A lover of life an...more
Published April 12th 1986 by Ballantine Books (first published August 13th 1957)

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsFahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussFire by Kristin CashoreInkheart by Cornelia Funke
Seeing Red
396th out of 1,030 books — 285 voters

More lists with this book...

Gregory
I read this book while in college.
It seems I read a lot of things in college that weren't quite related to college itself.
come to think of it, I believ I got a better education from all of my extra-curricular reading than the college course material itself.
But, this book was (as all of Leo Buscaglia's books are)insightful, insrpiring, funny, and some times even somber.
This book in many ways helped me to feel validated as an individual with much to offer.
Lori Frieden
This book changed my life. I read it when I was 18 and again just recently. It's simply written, not overly intellectual or indulgent. It's a short, quick read that I highly recommend.
Sharon
In this book, Leo Buscaglia attempts to offer an historic view of the ethical principles that have guided our humanity. He believes that everyone is responsible through their own uniqueness for completing a portion of a vast universal canvas. Full actualization of the world, therefore, depends on one's self-actualization. Consequently, the greatest challenge to all people is to work at being fully human.
Elham Taghavimehr
Jan 25, 2008 Elham Taghavimehr rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who wants to have a new look at himself/herself
Recommended to Elham by: Leila
Inspiring words, I love such books.It makes me feel fresh. Strive every day to become fully YOU---this message is quintessential Buscaglia. At his very best in "The Art of Being Fully Human," Leo will uplift and invigorate you with his heartwarming spontaneity, his challenge to follow your dreams, and his inspiration to take new risks
Babarella
و در نقطه‌اي خاص، تا آن‌جا كه در توان داريم سفر خواهيم كرد
امـا در يك عمر، مجال ديدن همه‌ي آن‌چه كه مي‌خواهيم
يا آموختن همه‌ي آن‌چه كه تشنه‌ي دانستنش هستيم وجود ندارد
Gina
What I couldn't explain in my journey to maturity and how like scales that have fallen from my eyes I have begun to live a fully functioning life, the author explained in crystal clear sentences; he found words to say things I've been wanting to explain to others. A profound reading that was truly enjoyable.
Nubia
Is a good description about human nature, similarities and diferences of religious believes and the author's point of view about how love can help.

Contiene una buena descripcion de la naturaleza humana. Y los puntos de vista del autor acerca de como el amor puede ayudar.
Alex
One of my all time favorite books and spiritual writers. Highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to learn about religions, spirituality and stages in life.
Martine
Buscaglia shows how similar we all are in our experience in being human, and how we should support each other and grow from our experiences.
Brenda
Muy profundo para conocerme más a mí misma y entender las diferentes etapas de la vida.
Anonna Coutee'
Get to know yourself,,,again..you'll see something new in this mirror everytime
Tami
Mar 03, 2012 Tami added it
I think I have read way too many self-help books.
Josephine Winda
I really lovvvvvvvvvvveee this boook!....
Lizpaints
Was helpful when I was grieving.
Athena
مختصر ، مفید و جامع
Christopher Miller
It was very good
Rebecca Haan
Rebecca Haan marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jeff
Jeff is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2014
Lojan O.
Lojan O. marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Oderay
Oderay marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Kellie A Burk
Kellie A Burk is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
  • God Is a Verb
  • Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Towards Spiritual Growth
  • Bradshaw on the Family: A New Way of Creating Solid Self-Esteem
  • The Farther Reaches of Human Nature (Esalen Book)
  • Trance-Formations: Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Structure of Hypnosis
  • Life and Teaching Of The Masters Of The Far East
  • Ego and Archetype: Individuation and the Religious Function of the Psyche
  • Sadhana
  • Megatrends: Ten New Directions Transforming Our Lives
  • The Hidden Words
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
  • Attachment  (Attachment and loss #1)
  • Looking at Philosophy: The Unbearable Heaviness of Philosophy Made Lighter
  • Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children
  • All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections (Impacts)
  • The Smithsonian Institution
  • Discover the Power Within You: A Guide to the Unexplored Depths Within
  • The Re-enchantment of Everyday Life
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a...more
More about Leo Buscaglia...
Living Loving and Learning Love The Fall of Freddie the Leaf: A Story Of Life For All Ages Loving Each Other Bus 9 to Paradise